“Will Return!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 390 hotels in Seoul
Flower Mound, Texas
“Will Return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The front desk staff we very friendly and they all spoke English.
The room was very large and there was more than enough storage space. This room had no washing machine or stove. The floors were warmed by a control on the wall. This feature, which I really liked, could be turned off if needed. The air worked well in the room. I had no problem with the warm/cold water in the shower. The Coffee Bean in the lobby was more expensive than the Starbucks a couple of doors down the street. Furthermore, I discovered a cozy bakery called the Bread Mill in the basement. One can see the baker kneading flour for the bread. They serve coffee, hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, and smoothies from fresh fruit. The hotel's location was about 7-10 minutes walk to Nandaemun, a shopping area. We also walked to the Seoul Station (10-15 minutes) where we got a the Seoul City Tour bus. The fare was $10US per adult for the day. This was a hop on and off operation where one can stop at a particular tourist sight and when finished, wait for the next bus to arrive. Taxis cost $7US to go to Dongdaemun, a shopping area. Myeongdong was also in close proximity to the hotel. The KAL airport limousine bus stops in front of this hotel and when ready for the return to the airport, tickets can be bought at the front desk. If you travel in July walk with rain gear. I will certainly stay at this hotel again since it was so easy to get around the city.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

385 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here last summer for a few days in July, then again in January, and again in February. I was met with a very courteous and welcoming check-in staff. We were greeted with a smile and a very nice king suite bedroom with a modern kitchen, furniture, a king bed and a full bed. The closets we're double closets for his and hers with hangers, shoe drawers and more. The bathroom was nicely acquainted with a full shower and a full jet bathtub. On top of that, the BEDS were so comfortable, triple layered with feather pillows and goose-down comforters.

The room was very comfortable and a/c was freezing cold! Perfect for the hot humid Korean summers. The lobby is very nice and I love that in the room we can bring the portable wifi everywhere we go (for an additional charge, but if you pay for internet, you can bring it everywhere anyways). You can also rent a cell phone that they have in the room as well and bring it around.

I got the suite at a very good rate and if you can a good deal, it is one of the best hotels I have every stayed in. It is a brand hotel, but the Namdaemun suites make it feel comfortable, and away from all the tourists at other hotels in Seoul such as the Lotte Hotel etc. I enjoy nice hotels in a good central location without the business and feeling like a tourist. This hotel is the epitome of what the Ramada brand should represent! I have stayed at many Ramada's but this one tops the charts in my opinion.

The location is nice and you can walk to City Hall from it with a plethora of free wifi along the way if you opted not pay for the portable one. It's a great walk in both directions surrounding the property. There is also a Starbucks, GS25, and a Chicken place right outside the hotel door and a Coffeebean in the lobby! The lobby bathrooms are also nicely designed and very clean. This hotel makes it very comfortable.

The staff also would help call taxis for me from the street, the cheaper ones and help me out. I also took the hotel taxi from Seoul to Incheon and they we're very nice and courteous.

I HIGHLY recommend it. I am definitely going to stay here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hotel is near to Seoul station. Especially for those who want to take a train to other cities or to airport, this is convenient. It is near Myeongdong too. Especially good for those who like night shopping and going back to hotel late. We got upgraded to a suite when we checked in. So it is very nice of them.
Hotel lobby has Coffee and Tea cafe, only opens till evening and not 24 hours. But outside of the hotel, there are 2 convenient stores. As hotel is located near the office blocks, it gets busy when in the day. However, if you come out of the Seoul station, take Exit 1 and walk about 500 m and you can reach. If it rains, a taxi ride will cost less than 2700 Won. (Non Black taxi ) So for location: 4****.
room cleanliness and amenities : 4 **** (no bathtub ) but has 2 beds ( 1 super king size and 1 super single ); larger than average toilet. However, the washing basin is too shallow, water kept coming spilling out when washing hand. No floor mat for drying feet ( but does have an anti skip plastic map though); Rental of phone available per room. Wifi is free within room.
Large enough space for sofa and TV and placement of luggage. The shower tap which is square is a bit too fanciful, I think. It took me a while to read the instructions on how to turn it on and have warm water.
We asked for extension of check out and was given another hour grace.
As it is raining and we need to borrow umbrella. We need to place a deposit of 10,000 Won for each.
Overall : 34**** for this hotel for their upgrade and extension of check out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Second stay. Convenient on bus line 2 from airport (75 minutes) drops to front door. Rooms are good size with washing machine and dryer. You have to ask for an iron. But overall a bit tired with cracks in basin, sheets with a tear in it. Bar on L24 closes at 1000 pm. Coffee Bean in lobby. But I would stay again. Convenient and value for money.

• Stayed July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The views on this hotel seem pretty extreme, either "love it" or "hate it". I'm more in the middle though: I thought it was fine, nothing special or memorable, but it's a Ramada, so you wouldn't really expect memorable. My room was on the 21st floor, nice view, quite spacious, modern style and in good shape. It was also very quiet, despite being right next to the elevator. I'm very sensitive to noise so that was a big plus for me. The room had everything I needed but I had the same experience as a previous reviewer with the temperamental shower. I did not use the hotel's internet but rather rented a portable wireless router at the airport (from SK Telecom, KRW 8,000 per day, highly recommended) and my connection was fine. I didn't try the hotel breakfast or restaurant but got some pastries at Bread Mill in the hotel's basement (B1) and Starbucks coffee from around the corner. The hotel is not particularly close to tourist attractions but they're within an easy walk. The only real weakness I found was housekeeping: a long, clearly visible hair in the shower when I first walked in, and dust and a couple of old socks under the bed. In general though staff seemed friendly and accommodating and the price was reasonable. I really don't have any major complaints, would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I was visiting Seoul for a week on business when I stayed at the Ramada Hotel and Suites Namdaemun. I booked this hotel based on its 4-star rating, the nice, clean look of the rooms and hotel itself, and for the location. Overall, I was very dissatisfied with my stay and will detail my reasons below:

• Internet service was HORRIBLE and expensive. They only offer free WiFi in the lobby, while in the rooms they charged for both wireless and Ethernet connections. I used the portable wireless option as I needed internet all throughout the city for business. The connection was terrible, despite it being 4G, and oftentimes pages wouldn’t load or they’d timeout. It was practically worthless for any real purposes.
• Our room was missing several staple items and we had to make special requests to reception for items that should have already been in the room. I’ve never been to a hotel that charges for a toothbrush or razor for shaving. This was ridiculous and I felt like I was being nickel and dimed.
• The shower situation was another very annoying aspect to this hotel. Water pressure was quite low, and the hot water took over a minute to activate. Once the water finally turned warm, it was scalding hot, and the faucet was very sensitive. After a few minutes, the hot water would turn off, and the whole cycle would repeat.
• The lobby is clean, but small, with a small seating area with couches. There is a café in the lobby, but the setting is not ideal for meeting clients or partners for business.
• I ate at the breakfast buffet the first two mornings, and then selected different options. They had a decent selection, but the quality was average. It was also relatively expensive, and not worth the price. There are plenty of cafes and other shops nearby which offer much better options.
• The staff were friendly, but young and seemed inexperienced. On several occasions, I had to struggle getting in and out of the door with my many bags, without assistance. They reception staff seemed incapable of addressing my concerns with the hotel amenities, internet, etc. They did comp me one day of internet, but that was about it. I don’t feel like my expectations were too high, but the service was disappointing.
• The location is very close to Nandaemun Gate, but not much else. It’s about a 20 minute walk to Myongdong and about a 15 minute walk to the closest subway stations. I ended up taking taxis most places as it was quite hot outside.

I will never stay at this hotel again, and would not recommend it to anyone else. Seoul is a huge city and I’m confident there are many other exceptional hotels to choose from for the same cost.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was a business trip to Seoul; and the location was ideal. Within walking distance of my client. The hotel gave me a wonderful extended stay suite; complete with in room laundry. The room was nice; and spacious I even had room for my yoga mat.

The fitness centre was close by and cost 10,000 won to use.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada Hotel and Suites Seoul Namdaemun? Share your experiences!