“Good location......nothing else.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Elle Inn

You added Hotel Elle Inn to your Saves list
Hotel Elle Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24, Hangang-daero 71-gil, Yongsan-gu, Seoul 140-805, South Korea   |
Ranked #197 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Good location......nothing else.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The first room which I was assigned was noisy. The aircon was leaky badly and dripping water. There is a PC in the room. However, the screen was flickering and the keyboard was super dusty. I asked for a room change after the first night as my wife did not manage to catch any sleep.

The twin-size jacuzzi bath tub didn't work for my second room. The keyboard was again dusty.

Well, I guess the advantage of the hotel is its location. It is minutes away from the MTR.There is also free wifi in the hotel which I guess is another plus point.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel is clean and equipped with all necessary supplies, plus a twin-size jacuzzi bath tub! Not much facilities provided but good thing is it is nearby the MRT station, restaurants and convenient store. Hotel staffs are very friendly and helpful too. I'll definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The room is not very clean to me but still acceptable.
There's no safety chain and the door is opened outward.
Thus, I feel unsafe at night.

The room temperature was a little bit high.
But I'm not able to find the controller to lower the temperature.

The English level of staff seems not very good. I had to use very simple English and speak slowly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel last month so we would be able to join the USO's DMZ tour easily. The maps I found on the internet show the hotel in different places. I don't know which is correct. We arrived at the Seoul train station late at night. The taxi cab driver we got had a hard time finding the hotel. We don't speak Korean and the taxi driver didn't know English. I had printed out the hotel address and Google map (it was in Korean) but it wasn't of much use and he didn't know of the Hotel Elle. He understood the Kaya Hotel. So, he went straight down the main street to the front of the Kaya Hotel. He went inside that hotel but they didn't give him any useful information. I knew from reading the Trip Advisor comments that this hotel was in an alley but in the dark we didn't see any alleys. We could see the USO sign so I knew we were close. We then drove past the big office building next to the Hotel Kaya and saw the small alley on the right. The left side of the alley is the wall with barbed wire on top for Camp Kim and the USO. We turned into the alley and the Hotel Elle is immediately behind the office building. The alley curves around and goes past the Rainbow Hotel and ends up on the street with the Namyeoung subway station.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

New and stylish. Bathroom equipped with supplies not usually provided (3 hair brushes...). Modern clean, well located, I definitely recommend it. Not much service provided but.... All accessible nearby.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Though we normally book 4 or 5 star hotels, we needed a hotel close to Camp Kim for an early morning USO DMZ tour (and due to an early morning arrival into Seoul via train from Busan that same day). The first clerk didn't speak very good English so we were passed onto another employee. The room ( a variation of the Fountainebleau room pictures on the website) was a good size with one double and one single bed, a large flatscreen TV, a two person jacuzzi and full size bath/hair products, a hair dryer and mini-bar with two bottles of water. The problems with the room were low lighting in the open bathroom, the shower was in the uneven bottom jacuzzi and the toilet was in it's own room in which your knees almost touched the wall (not great for anyone over 5'10"). Though we didn't have time to look around the immediate area, the hotel was a 2 minute walk from the Namyeong Station and a Paris Baguette (next to the station) for great danishes and coffee for breakfast. The Samgakji Station was less than a 5 minute walk. The positives were that the room was clean and for the size the room, it was a decent value at 150 000 won. We returned to the Sheraton D-Cube as it was already booked prior to the trip. The Sheraton, a five star hotel, was about 279 000 won (for a club room), so almost double the price but more amenities like club lounge ccess with breakfast and spa/gym access.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We'd booked with Elle Inn via booking dot com and require that our rooms be smoke free for medical reasons. I booked a non-smoking room and even my confirmation stated that all rooms are non-smoking. This is not the case.

After travelling all day and arriving in Seoul late at night we found that the entire hotel is a smoking area and stunk of smoke. I to reception after asking my wife to try and locate another hotel and was told that if we cancelled we had to pay $120 to do so. I said that they had placed incorrect information on the booking site and they did not believe me. I showed the print out of my confirmation and they did not care. Even after the booking company called them they denied being responsible despite the fact they give the information to these companies.

The final outcome was us hauling our luggage several blocks in pouring rain in the middle of the night to find a cab to flag because they would not call one for us and paying them a cancelation fee, paying for a cab and paying an extra $350 for a last minute room for two nights.

Room Tip: Unless you and your children all smoke you need to book elsewhere.