“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 417 Hotels in Seoul
shiraz
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

It is a good hotel with free high speed internet access. Nice staff. breakfast buffet is great. The rooms are excelently furnished, very neat and tidy. The hygene is great. The hotel is near to metro station (5 minutes walk). The dinners nearby are also great for getting familiar with korean food and culture. The only thing this hotel lacks is swimming pool and spa

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Excellent hotel, with very easy access from the airport - direct bus to right outside hotel. Slightly out of the main area - 10/15 minute walk to the main shops - but quiet and if you feel like it some good markets nearby. Excellent for the tube - 1 minute away. I stayed on a floor for women only and the rooms were lovely - large with excellent toilettries including weird foot massager which I may have been using incorrectly as it felt more like a foot crusher! Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Women's floor is very nice
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

Stayed at the Best Western Kukdo Hotel in Seoul last week and was glad I chose it! My friend and I were a little wary about the lukewarm TA reviews but decided on the hotel anyway as it was an impromptu trip and most of the popular hotels were fully booked.

The hotel has a good location, a 50m walk from exit 10 of the Euljiro 4 station and the airport bus 6015 drops you off at the entrance of the hotel. It's true that the hotel is surrounded by lighting shops but that wasn't much of an issue as we usually travelled out to other places for sightseeing and for our meals. There is a Family Mart next to the hotel if you need snacks or other basic necessities We usually got back to the hotel quite late at nights but found the area quiet and safe.

Check in and out was a breeze and the staff spoke decent English and were prompt to help us when we requested for a travel adaptor and extra towels. The room was modern, clean and spacious (for Seoul standards!), with two twin beds and tons of storage space! The toilet was rather compact, but with a good shower area and a shampoo/shower gel dispenser if you're lazy to bring your own. We found that having the wash basin outside of the toilet was a plus point and the long vanity table gave you ample space to put your toiletries and makeup. Oh yes, the free wifi in the room was definitely appreciated.

There were little niggles, the air conditioning was a little erratic and noisy, the pillows were way too soft and flat and the bellboys weren't helpful with our luggages. But as long as you don't expect five-star treatment and quality, the hotel is actually very good and a convenient base to explore the city. We''ll certainly consider staying here again on our next trip!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Check in was smooth. Prefect English speaking front desk. Once int he room we found out that it was really clean and can be more spacious if they remove the 2 huge leather couches. A/C does work as expected, the temperature stayed at 27c even after 3 hours of A/C turned on.
For the amenities, forget it, you have to pay for the toothbrush. Bathtub is too small. TV size also was too small probably a 19". But at least everything was clean and staff really friendly.
Breakfast experience was not god. I got to the restaurant at 9:15am . Buffet style international food.
Half plates empty. No cheese, no soft bread, no orange juice, no cereals. I had to ask for all of this. And guess what, they did not refill but they just brought to my table small quantity of each.
So I was wondering about the other guests that stepped in after me.
Location is also average, nothing around you have to walk 10-15 minutes to the closest attraction. Metro/subway is 25 meters away.
It is a good hotel if just want to sleep in and be away for the rest of the day

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed 3 nights here during visit to Seoul. Convenient airport shuttle available from both incheon and gimpo. Very close to the subway station but nothing much within walking distance-- except a convenience store that sells water and snacks.
Free wifi in the room which was a huge plus. Room and bathroom overall clean but somewhat on the older side. Nice helpful concierge with excellent English.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Hsinchu, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My family and I (all 5 of us) stayed in this hotel upon recommendation by the travel agent. The rooms are big enough and clean and well-kept, although if they had connecting rooms, that would've been amazing. Since there were 5 of us, we had to stay in 2 rooms across from each other. We ended up having to cross the hall from one room to the other to get stuff from each other's luggages. Sometimes one room would get locked out because one of my kids would accidentally close the door with the room key still in the power latch. But overall the rooms were okay and big enough. What turned me off was the service. One night my youngest child vomited on the bed at 10pm and so I called housekeeping only to be informed that they don't have housekeeping after 5pm. They said I had to change the bed by myself. I guess if it was said nicely and apologetically, I would not have minded. But it was said in a tone like it's not their problem so I had to deal with it myself. Take note that this hotel is supposed to be an 'ecologically-friendly' hotel in the sense that they don't turn on the A/C when the temp is not above a certain degree (I think 21 degrees, but not really sure). It was April when we stayed there, so at night it would get a bit warm but we couldn't do anything about it. They don't offer complimentary toothbrushes, so my husband and I had to purchase it (we thought it was free). Breakfast was good. So perhaps others had a great experience with this hotel. As I said, it was only okay for me.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
All Over...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

I was looking to stay around Myeongdong area for a night to do my shopping and was perplexed as to what hotel to choose, as there were a few. However, after a thorough research I decided on Best Western Premier Kukdo Hotel due to overall good reviews and close proximity to my desired location. I also got a good deal on Agoda.
The hotel stands on a main street and is about 10-15 (depending how fast you walk) minutes walking distance from Myeongdong, and a few steps away from Euljiro 4 station, exit 10 which is linked to the Euljiro 1 station through the underground shopping walkway. I took the walkway, as it was quite cold out that day, and found a boutique with stylish scarves. Once you exit, walk straight for about a minute and the hotel is right there. To get to Myeongdong, all you have to do is walk straight for about 12 minutes and then turn left and you are there.
The hotel itself is clean and modern (when compared to other hotels in Korea of the same stature). The lobby though is not on the main floor but the second floor. Check in was very fast and I got a BB cream as a present. The hotel has something called “women’s floor” where only women can stay. It is a little more expensive and you get a basket full of cosmetics and samples for women. But I figured, why pay more and get the free basket when I’ll be shopping in Myeongdong and I can choose what cosmetics I want to buy myself.
I can’t remember what floor I stayed on, but it was one of the top 4 floors. My view was excellent, it was facing the Namsan Tower. The room wasn’t too small, beds were comfortable to sleep. There was a bathtub with soap, shampoo and conditioner, a modern toilet with features and a sink outside of the bathroom. Complementary water was given as well.
At the time I stayed, there European guests and a lot of Japanese guests. I am quite happy with the stay and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor facing Namsan Tower.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends