We ran away to Han Suites from Best Western Dongdaemun Hotel after one night (old, dim, not cheap - do believe all the bad reviews on Tripadvisor about Best Western DDM. Stay only one night so that you can crash there after great shopping in DDM till 4am, then move out pronto).
Han Suites was bright and welcoming, what a relief and a pleasure.
1. Value. We paid a tax-inclusive 66,000 won (approx AUD66) per night for a room with a double bed and ensuite, from a hotel booking website. Great value in view of description below.
2. Room. Clean, new (hotel is 2 years old), room is a generous size, with hanging space and small set of drawers, and a large wall-mounted Samsung TV with cable channels (live Starcraft coverage, anyone?). Has full-sized fridge with 2 free bottles of water per stay, mini stove, kettle, pot, kitchen knives, glasses (even wine glasses), cups and plates. Strangely no spoons.
3. Receptionists. Efficient. Very good English. Impeccable manners. Helpful right from the first phone call, with clear instructions on getting there. Offered to help with airport transport, and even let me do flight internet check-in and print boarding pass from the receptionist's own computer.
4. Lobby - free internet and newspapers. Good internet connection on both computers, but no printer (hence above situation re boarding pass). But friendly receptionist said they would print us anything we emailed to them. Lobby has a nice area with seats and daily English and Korean newspapers and stylish magazines.
5. Gym. Equipment is quite new, good condition and range, with TVs on wall.
6. Laundry. There is massive coin-operated washing machine, convenient and not expensive. The dryer swallowed our coins but our clothes dried due to generous hanging space in room.
7. Shuttle bus to city. There is free shuttle bus to the city every weekday morning. We didn't take it, but I gather this is for the business people who stay there.
8. Location. <10 minutes' walk to Myeongdong shopping area and subway station (exit 10), good for shopping and eating. <10 minutes' walk to Chungmuro subway station (exit 4), good for going places because it has more subway lines. <10 minutes' walk to Namsan, great for exercise - takes a fairly fit person 20 minutes of continuous ascent to get to Namsan Tower at the top and is a panting, heart-pumping workout with views. Airport bus stops at Sejong Hotel which is a 5-minute walk to Han Suites.
Minor points. These didn't bother me, but I've listed them so that you build them into your expectations.
1. Ensuite. It's very clean and quite new, but small. Not as tiny as the Japanese moulded bathrooms. There's a toilet, sink and shower over a full-sized bathtub, designed and positioned well for that space. Perfectly adequate size for an average Asian like me, but a tall Westerner may be knocking elbows against the wall while showering.
2. No windows. This was made very clear to us when booking, so it was absolutely fine. Hard to tell whether it's day or night outside, but so what, we were on holiday. Anyway the other places we stayed in in Seoul had windows overlooking other buildings' walls, so we didn't lose much.
3. Beverages. The 2 free bottles of water were a nice touch, though we were fine drinking Seoul tap water. No free coffee/tea. If you BYO coffee, remember to get a plastic spoon to stir it. Room has everything else you need for a nice drink, though, including a kettle and classy cup and saucer.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Han Suites Serviced Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Han Suites Serviced Residences Hotel Seoul