“Clean friendly well located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Place Central Seoul

You added Fraser Place Central Seoul to your Saves list
Fraser Place Central Seoul
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   #78, Tongil-ro (Uijuro - 1ga), Seoul 100 -130, South Korea   |
Ranked #33 of 399 Hotels in Seoul
4.0 of 5 stars 353 Reviews
Petersfield, United Kingdom
“Clean friendly well located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had 2 stays in this hotel and found it perfect, very clean spacious rooms with kitchenette and washing machine, lovely comfortable beds. The first time we stayed in a room at the front which was a little noisy but 'hey' you are in a city! we made use of the supermarket at the rear and sat with a bottle of wine watching the world go by. The location is excellent, 10 minutes walk from Seoul station or a very short taxi ride. There are so many bars and places to eat within 10 minutes walk it is difficult to choose. There are palaces within easy walking distance and we even walked to Seoul Tower. The staff were very friendly and helpful and when our daughter surprised us with a visit they were very accommodating and by the time we returned from our evening out the had put another bed into the room.

Room Tip: If you would like it quieter ask to be at the back but the views from the front are great
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean Y, Front Office Manager at Fraser Place Central Seoul, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on your last stay at Fraser Place Central Seoul, it is so important to us to have guest feedback so as to improve our service and product.

We are so pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Overall I don't recommend this place. I was only here for 13 days and NEVER will I book with this place ever again!

If you got the money you should pay for an extra 20 or 30 for the really nice hotels like Lotte Hotel or even Intercontinental Hotel. Let me list the things that was wrong with this hotel.

1.They gave us a room on the middle floor near the busy traffic street it was consistently loud! You can hear the cars and buses honking and it's just completely loud that I didn't even get good sleep or rest in those 13 days!

2 The walls are thin as paper and you can hear EVERYTHING! We had a very loud couple that were having sex next door which is gross, I complained to the front desk and they never did anything about it!

3 They charged me for using the telephone for local calls! Local calls! That was the most outrageous of them all.

4. The beds are horrible! it was like sleeping on a wooden box and the pillows were so flat that you were sleeping on nothing. You'll end up having neck problems after you leave.

5. All the restaurants close early on Saturdays at 2pm and they ALL close on Sundays. Which surprises me for how poor of a country Korea is they shouldn't even be allowed to rest on Saturdays and Sundays. But basically you're forced to walk couple of miles for a place that are open and of course there wasn't many places open around this area...

6. The location isn't great. It's actually more than a mile to City Hall station and mile and a half
to the Seoul Station. I don't recommend it you're better off getting a hotel in Gangnam which the train station is right there not even a mile walk and less than 20 minutes into Seoul.

I can list more about how bad this place is. I don't recommend it at ALL. For the money you're paying for I'd rather stay at a top REAL 5 star hotel like Lotte or even Intercontinental Hotel. Apparenly a lot of people who travel never been to an actual "Nice or Decent" hotel to give this place 5 stars. What joke!

Room Tip: Don't pick anything on the 5th floor you won't be able to sleep because of the loud traffic...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable and important feedback. We have viewed your comments with concern and while we apologize for the inconvenience caused, we assure you that we are looking into all the issues raised by you. Appropriate and immediate corrective actions are being taken to ensure that no guest ever has to face this inconvenience again.

May we request you to kindly share your contact details so we can get in touch with you.

Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a comfortable stay at Frasers Hospitality. Your feedback will be taken into consideration and again we’d like to offer our sincerest apologies

san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I visited Seoul in early April 2013 and stayed at Fraser Place Central for 5 nights. It was his first time in Seoul (Korea, really) so we had a lot of ground to cover as far as discovering the city and visiting family. Staying at Fraser Place made it convenient for us to do all that. If you want to tell your family where you are near, just say City Hall or Palace Hotel. Those two landmarks seem to ring a bell.

First off, it is near several metro stops - City Hall and Seodemun (sp?) both of which can get you around the city very quickly. But, if you want to hit some of the main shopping areas: Namdaemun, Dongdaemun, Myeung Dong, Lotte Dept Store, Shinsagae...you might as well just walk. You just see more when you are above ground. There's also the Seoul Museum of Art within walking distance as well as another Palace which we discovered on our walkabout.

It's true, there's not much nightlife right in the neighborhood, but after visiting Gangnam one night, and Hongdae another night (a Fri night at that!), I really appreciated the quiet of the neighborhood. Keep in mind, I'm not 23 anymore.

Regarding quiet though, I did have some nights when the street noise kept me awake, although I have a feeling that was more due to my jet lag. Also the walls are thin, but it didn't really bother me. I have experienced noise issues living in San Francisco so I consider it a part of being in the city. The other negative, the bed was hard. I didn't mind that as well.

The room was warm and toasty, but I loved that. It was so cold when we visited, I looked forward to the defrost. Can't comment on how it will be in the summer.

We got a suite which included 2 bathrooms, one living space w/kitchenette, one bedroom and two TVs. Tons of storage which may be more important for longer term visitors. The decor is a mix between basic/modern/sterile -- which strangely, I liked mostly because I like clean. It's not the W, and its not a college dorm room. We didn't cook, but it wouldn't be a problem doing so. And having the refrigerator there was convenient for our beverages and snacks. We did make use of the 7-11 right across the street to sample the different beers and cold coffee beverages.

We tried out the gym one day -- not bad! Clean, medium-sized. Bring your ear buds if you want to listen to the TV. The indoor pool looked nice as well.

Transport to and from Incheon is very easy. Just take bus 6008. It drops you off right in front of FP for 20,000 won (as I recall).

I didn't really engage much with the staff at FP - but the few times I did, they were incredibly helpful.

Our all time favorite part of staying at Fraser Place is Mama's coffee shop right across the street. It has a great comfortable, coffee house vibe. Each morning, because we opted not to get the Fraser breakfasts, we headed to Mama's (and grabbed a Paris Baguette pastry along the way...), opened our tour book and started our day! Camped out at Mama's so much we earned ourselves a free drink.

Wouldn't mind staying at FP again. I would think this would also be a great option for a small family.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean Y, Front Office Manager at Fraser Place Central Seoul, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on your last stay at Fraser Place Central Seoul.
Your kind comments allow us to focus on area where we need to improve on providing better service to our guests.

Again, thank you for your comments and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Not the best location but our priority at the time was finding a reasonably priced place to stay overnight with our puppy. It appeared to be located in a business district, so don't expect to find late dining options within walking distance (I couldn't find a 7-11, fortunately we had stocked up with some ramen). The staff were helpful and the manager spoke very good English, checking in was a breeze and the room was clean. Breakfast was included so after a good nights sleep, we dropped by around 9am I think and there was a bit of a line/wait. The buffet was reasonably good so it was worth the wait. Another convenient aspect was that the bus to the airport stops right in front of the hotel, it was on time and worked out great (was inexpensive if I remember correctly). Recommended

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sean Y, Front Office Manager at Fraser Place Central Seoul, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review on our service and facility.
Your valuable comments are so important for us to improve our service and facility as this is mirror for us to look at the area to focus on.

Again, thank you for your comments and we all look forward to welcoming you and your pet in the near future.

Chelsea, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Excellent place, very modern, spotless and very close to the train station (15 min walk) and City Hall metro station (10min walk). Breakfast is buffet style with both North American style (eggs, bacon, toast) and Asian style. Wooden floor is a plus (no carpet). There was even a washer and dryer in my room - very convenient for long stays. Personnel very nice and helpful. If you stay there dont miss a supper at the Sinssi Korean BBQ above the Paris Baguette (ask hotel attendant because the door sign is only in Korean).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time for writing review on your last stay at Fraser Place Central Seoul.
We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed and satisfied with our service and facility, your kind comments has been shared with all our team with pleasure.

We hope to be able to welcome you back with in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights, and initially, all I wanted was a good base in Seoul from which to explore the city. Definitely got that and more!
I was surprised how good the rooms were for the price, pretty much large studio flat sized rather than a standard hotel room. The rooms are absolutely spotless, very modern, with every facility you need including a kitchenette and washing machine. Free wifi for one machine is included.
Fraser is very easy to find, Seodaemun subway station on line 5, exit 6 is just round the corner, or if you are taking the main lines 1 & 2, get out from City Hall exit 10 and walk straight 10-15 min till you reach the bend.
I will definitely stay here next time around!

• Stayed April 2013
Sean Y, Front Office Manager at Fraser Place Central Seoul, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments and it is so important to know how our guests experience about our service and facility to improve.
We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay at Fraser Place Central Seoul, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Loma Linda, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great facility for those with family that want a modern, clean, and pleasant place to stay. Near both subway and bus stops. Front desk staff were pleasant and professional - able to prepare any size taxi you might need.
Loved the heated floors and the bidet was nice. Would definitely stay here again and have already recommended this facility to my friends.

Room Tip: Always helps to ask.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our service and facility.
It is important to understand what service guest would appreciate.
We are very happy to know that you had enjoyed stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincerely

Been to Fraser Place Central Seoul? Share your experiences!