“EXCELLENT HOTEL IN THE CENTER OF SEOUL” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
ADVANCE SAVER - 15% OFF
Ranked #27 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
san juan, puerto rico
“EXCELLENT HOTEL IN THE CENTER OF SEOUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

From July 23 to July 31 I stayed at the Ibis Ambassador Myeongdong. This hotel was selected for my vacations through the reviews posted in TripAdvisor!!! and really, it was an excellent hotel. The Airport Limousine Bus number 6015 stops just in front of the hotel for less than $10 (10,000 WON). In the first floor I received a Welcome from the Information Desk Employees, which speaks English fluently and are very polite and courteous, particularly Kim Gye Young, which is a Trainee Employee, because he is a student of the Kyung Hee University, Ja Min and Kyle. They gave me advices and the orientation so I made the tours by my own using the Subway. This personnel was extremely efficent. The Check in should be made in de 19th floor. I received a prompt service. My room, which was 1610 was very clean, with a double bed, a desk with chair, small bathroom and Wifi free of charge. Be advise that the hotel only provides a Body and Shower Gel. You should bring your own shampoo, conditioner, shaver, etc. Don't expect anything of this in your bath. The air conditioned works good and most of all, ít is very quiet so I can sleep after a long flight from Puerto Rico. They also have 3 Computers in the 19th floor and the guest can use them free of charge!!! In front of the hotel you have Lotte Department Store, a huge 13 floor store, very expensive!! but in the Basement (B1 floor) you have a Food Court and Supermarket. Just few meters at the left side of the hotel you can find a lot of Boutiques, stores, Starbucks, Seven Eleven Market, etc. The location of this hotel is in the heart of Seoul. The City Hall and Seoul Plaza (performances free of charge every weekend!) is just a 7 minutes walk. You can take de Seoul Tour Bus for less than $10 very near the hotel, which is Hop on, hop off Tour bus and you can see all the city of Seoul. Undoubtedly, I recommend this hotel to everybody who seeks a good price hotel with an excellent location, clean rooms and efficent personnel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a high floor are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear elyrivera;

Warm greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong Dong.
I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We chose this hotel for our transit in Seoul because of its proximity to Myeongdong, a market in Seoul where we planned to spend time to do some shopping. The hotel is also a stop for the Airport Shuttle, so transfer from and to the airport is very easy. You can buy tickets for the shuttle from the front office, and they take credit card for payment.

The hotel is special because the reception lobby and the coffee shop is not on the ground floor, but on the top floor of the hotel. It offers a spectacular view of Seoul while you are waiting or having your breakfast.

The staff were especially friendly, and they are ready to help you regardless of the time of the day. Our flight was delayed and we didn't get to the hotel until nearly 10 PM. But the staff were just as quick as if it were early morning.

The room was very clean, well organized and well designed for a small hotel. Although the bed was rather small, but it was comfortable and warm to sleep in, even in winter time.

The hotel provides vending machines in each floor. And even if you can't find what you want in the machines, there are 7-Eleven, McDonald's and Starbucks stores around the hotel for 24/7 dining. There are also many good restaurants in the vicinity, getting dinner is a easy.

And for shopping, there is no shortage of choice. If the market around Myeongdong is not suitable for you, you can get across the street and visit the Lotte World. And if you feel like you want to explore Seoul a bit further, the Subway station is nearby.

It is so much fun to stay here. The price may be a bit steep for a similar room in an Ibis, but you get so much more in convenience.

Room Tip: Higher floors offer better view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Stephen S;

Warm Greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
We would like to thank you for choosing our as your accommodation.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your staying at our hotel. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what we strive for every day.

We all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Best regards,

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you are travelling for the first time to Seoul, Korea or with family, there cannot be a better place than IBIS Seoul meyong Dong. The hotel is located in the heart of the shopping area which is connected by airport limousine. The bus from the airport - bus no 6015 stops just in front of the hotel for 10,000 won i.e 10usd. If you take an independent taxi it will cost aroung 120 USD. This also means that going will be easier as the airport bus comes in every 20 minutes. Another advantage is the market place which is just below the hotel. If you are an indian or an Arab and wish to eat Indian cuisine then there is an restaurant called saffron just below the hotel. The rooms are standard and very neat and clean. The staff members excellent and try to help you. Overall the stay was excellent. Many of the tour operators come to the hotel to pick you and drop you after the tour. Seoul Railway station is just 2 km which is not too far if you intent to walk or 2500 won by taxi. Overall I loved the place and its location. Another new feature which I noticed is the toilet seat which by pressing few buttons will make the seat warm, warm water will gush out to wash your bottom and finally there is air blown which dries your butt. Another thing for single adults is please do not bother to watch the adult movies shown on tv it cost 13,500 won but you will regret why you subscribed as the rating was double x....(I hope you understand).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Cheruthon N,

Greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!

We are delighted that you have chosen our hotel during your visit to Seoul!
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay . It is always a pleasure to receive kind feedback.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very next future.

Yours sincerely,

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were quite pleased with our stay here. Having read other reviews on this property on Trip Advisor, we decided to stay here. I must say, this hotel is in a hot location. Lotte shopping was right across the street, which encompasses 3 whole blocks and connects underground. Lots of business people walk around during the day, sharply dressed. At night the area outside turns into an outdoor market with people selling everything from purses and wallets, clothing, and great street food. The area was very safe. The hotel is also relatively close to the subway. There's 711s and Circle K stores right downstairs

The hotel lobby itself it on another floor, forget which. You have to take the elevator up. The room was a typical hotel room per se but very comfortable. Nice big screen TV. The view of myeung-dong outside was brilliant. Lots of flashing lights and a huge LG TV. But all the lights went off early so as not to keep you up. The bathroom had a bidet and was very modern.

Be sure to visit the fitness room. It has a spectacular view of the city and lots of equipment. I highly recommend this hotel because of the value and location where comfort and safety are not
Compromised.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Scottr1984,

Greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
On behalf of the management and staff of IbisAmbassador Seoul Myeong-dong, we would like to thank you for staying with us.
I’m so glad that you had a great stay in our hotel.
Especially, we would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our products.
Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.
Again, thank you for choosing Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong.
And, we would like to welcome you in the future.

Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went to Seoul on July 1 to 7. Ibis had very friendly good English speaking people. We did have a non smoking room because I cant have smoke in my lungs and they gave us a smokey non clean room. Then our next room was very smelly carpet, but too tired to come back up. this hotel is for solo who wake up early and come back late. I think it is way too overpriced. And they ALWAYS VACUME WITH SOUND BLOWING YOUR EARS!!!!!!! THEY LITERALY WAISTE ELECTRICITY!!!! NOTHING GOT CLEAN IT JUST LOOK DULLER!!!! And there breakfast is the same everyday all cand. I was shocked to see a 92 thumbs up. But i thank ibis for the first time i use high tech toilet :3. i could say more bad, but i will say good staff.

Room Tip: don't get top room. Elevators FOREVER TO GET YOU close on their own lol. ONLY TWO WORK. sorry in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JaeKyung_LEE, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Laurence T,

On behalf of the management and staff of Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong, we would like to thank you for staying with us.

Especially, we would like to apologise for your comments regarding our product & services.
It is with much regret that the experience you described in your review causes me deep concern. I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for your frustration and anxiety it caused you. I hope your will give us another chance to regain your confidence on your next visit.

Sincerely Yours,

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the Ibis Myeongdong for 3 nights. The positives: Excellent location-you can walk to the night market next door, the Lotte department store, City Hall, Deoksugung Palace, NANTA Theatre, plenty of restaurants and shops, and a subway station nearby. The airport bus stops right in front of the hotel which was a big plus for me. The hotel and rooms were nice. Staff was very friendly and gave me directions to Camp Kim in Seoul (my DMZ tour started here) in Korean so that the taxi driver could find it easily which he did.

The negatives: Check-in was many floors up so a bit of an inconvenience and they wouldn’t let me check in early so I had to do my sightseeing right after a redeye flight from Cambodia and without a shower. Breakfast buffet was very expensive and was my first and last meal there. Rooms were a little small but I’m sure this is normal in Seoul. Bathroom was small and reminded me of a cruise ship bathroom.

Overall, this is a nice hotel in a great location. Because Seoul is such a large city, you should book a hotel based on location so it really depends on where you're going to spend most of your time. If you’re going to be in the Myeongdong area, this hotel would be a good choice but do your homework.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Andyteach,

Greetings from Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong!
We would like to thank you for choosing Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong as your accommodation and for taking the time to share your review on trip advisor.
Your comments have been passed on to our team and this will certainly encourage them to keep up the good work.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again on your next visit in the future.

Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeong-dong

Been to ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong? Share your experiences!