“Best Ibis in Asia” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 stars 1,965 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
“Best Ibis in Asia”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I am a long haul Cabin Crew and am more than harsh when it comes to less than 5 star hotels.
This hotel is modern, very clean, great amenities and even a Very clean Korean Bath facility. Perfect location, right in the heart of this trendy shopping and eating area. Lots of big name shops like L.V. and funky smaller ones. It's in the company of more rather large and better known hotels in this area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear auzzieflyguy,

Warm Greetings from Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong.
It is always a pleasure to receive your kind feedback.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. It allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

Thank you again and I hope to welcome you soon with a warm hearted service at Ibis Seoul Myeong dong.

ibis Seoul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great Hotel. Stayed there a while ago, but forgot to review it. We had the upgrade room, with floor to ceiling window overlooking the main street. Room was spotless, free bottles of water. Right in the centre on Seoul. Next to L.V. and high class shops. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Felt very safe even at night in Seoul. Post Office down the road. The hotel dropped us off at the museum. The only problem was actually finding the hotel from the street, when we got dropped of by the bus from the airport. You can see the Hotel sign, but the entrance is around the right hand side, and you need to take an elevator to "reception" to check in. The staff are soooo helpful and polite. I would visit Seoul again. just to stay in the luxury and clean area that is the Myeong Dong. Also has a laundry and gym for use. that were very clean and easy to get to.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Steven B,

Warm Greetings from ibis Seoul Myeong-dong!
We would like to thank you for choosing Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Seoul and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our services as it is what westrive for everyday.

Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and this will certainly motivate them to keep up the good work.
We all look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit for Seoul.

Steve,Choi
Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

great location, at the door step of shopping area, not far away from places of interest, if you do not mind walking, you can even walk to places of interest, hotel is quite near to train station, you could not have asked for more. I will certainly recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear fcseng

Warm greeting from Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong!

We very much appreciate review regarding your stay at the Ibis Seoul Myeong Dong!

I will share your review with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at the Ibis Myeong-dong in Seoul for one night in early February 2013. Its location is great: for shoppers it's right opposite the huge Lotte department store which has a fantastic food hall as well as the usual high-end clothes etc. the hotel is also right next to the narrow streets of fashion and cosmetics shops galore in Myeong-dong. It's a short stroll to the City Hall and an interesting old palace with a yummy coffee shop next door for thawing out! Several underground shopping arcades are right next to the hotel, great in cold weather. As mentioned an airport bus drops you off outside the hotel anytime of day or night. The view from the cafe at the top of the hotel is great, I was face to face with a huge Brad Pitt and a bottle of Chanel No 5! The cafe has internet and a great breakfast for all tastes.
The room was roomy for me and the bathroom was adequate. The loo was interesting with all sorts of gadgets..bidet, warming seat etc. It was hot in the room and I suspect the aircon wasn't working at its best. There is a hot bath available on a higher level in the hotel.
The staff were friendly and spoke english pretty well. The lads in the entrance at ground level where luggage is stored were excellent and helpful. I'm not sure why the reception area is on the 17th floor rather than the ground level.
This Ibis hotel is good value for money and in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear BiKKy321

Greetings from Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong!
On behalf of the management and staff of Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong, we would like to thank you for staying with us.
I’m so glad that you had a great stay in Ibis Seoul Myeong dong.
Especially, we would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our products and service.
Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.
Again, thank you for choosing Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong.
And, we would like to welcome you in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I spent 4 nights at the Ibis Ambassador Myeong-dong Hotel in February 2013. Obviously it isn't a 5 star hotel, but its comfortable (even if the room was a little hot) and good value for money, but of course, the best feature is the location... it is right in the middle of everything!! If you're a shopaholic, then you'd be hard pressed to find a more convenient hotel.
The rooms are basic and rather small, but good enough for me. I did enjoy having a bidet on the toilet though! The breakfast was good and the views from the restaurant were excellent.
The staff are friendly and helpful, although, the elevators were a little slow.
Getting there is very easy as the Airport Limousine Bus stops right out the front! 6001 from Gimpo and 6015 from Incheon. You only need to carry your baggage about 20 metres to the front door of the hotel. The subway stop is about 200 metres away also.
If I ever go back to Seoul, I am staying here again, and of course, would recommend this hotel to anybody!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Glenstar

Warmest greeting from Ibis Seoul Myeong-dong.

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Ibis Seoul Myeong Dong.
It is always a pleasure to receive your positive feedback.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

With regular trips to Seoul over the recent years, I've stayed at quite a few hotels, from 5-star hotels in Myeong-dong area to small business hotels near Insadong, the Ibis Hotel in Myeong-dong is undoubtably my favourite. Although the rooms are comparatively smaller than the 5-star hotels I've stayed at in the same area, not to mention the rooms are older than some of the newly renovated hotels nearby, the location, service and staff all contribute to why this is my favourite hotel in Seoul:
1) Location - Located just opposite Lotte Department Store, next to Noon Square, the hotel is so close to the busy shopping area of Myeongdong. With Seoul's busy maze of undergrounds and millions of stairs I need to hike up and down just to cross the road, the location of this hotel saves me many unwanted exercise walking up and down stairs just because I've done too much shopping and wish to drop some bags off in my hotel room in the middle of the day. Moreover, the subway station is located within a minute's walk, I have easy access to many prominent shopping places in Seoul, including Apgujeong, Apgujeong Rodeo, Sinsa, Yeungdeungpo's Times Square, Hongnik, Coex Mall and more... Last, but very important, the airport limousine stops right in front of the hotel, which is so convenient when I have to arrive at the break of dawn and leave with a ton of luggage.
2) Service - You know what to expect from Ibis no matter which Ibis you are visitng. Moreover, since my flight normally arrives around 5am in the morning, I'm usually super sleepy and tired by the time I get to the airport. Ibis always let me check in early by adding a little bit more money for the early check-in so I can sleep till noon before going out to lunch.
3) Staff - The staff are friendly, helpful and most importantly they speak English!! Even the staff in the 5-star hotels nearby Ibis have difficulty speaking and understanding English at times, whereas all the staff I've meant over the years at this Ibis speak the language like their mother tongue!
This is one hotel I will definately continue to stay at for my future trips to Seoul.
I sincerely hope they keep up their good service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Steve_CHOI, General Manager at ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear aj_Princess_BB

On behalf of the management and staff of IBIS Myeong-dong,
I would like to thank you for staying with us.

I would like to deeply thank you for your kind comments on our product & services.

Your comments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

ibis Seoul Myeong-dong

Been to ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong? Share your experiences!