Stayed for 4 nights in the Ibis Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel recently and had a very comfortable stay here. Reservations were made through booking.com and check-in was smooth and quick. Hotel was picked based on location, being in a vibrant district in Seoul with plenty of dining options and entertainment nearby. As already mentioned by others, airport drop-off and pick-up (Bus 6015) is right in front of the hotel, and the metro station (Eujilro-1 ga station) is within 100m walking distance and provided access point to all attractions visited during this trip.
Room space was adequate and included a desk, bed bench, TV with enough English channels, coffee/tea making facilities, a safe big enough to fit a laptop and likely a DSLR. The bed was very comfortable and slept well here. The bathroom was smallish but fine, with automatic toilet seat, basic toiletries (soap, shower/conditioner/shower gel) and hairdryer available. There is a mobile phone provided at no rental cost which can be used during your stay, one will only pay for the calls/SMS made. This was a very nice provision although did not find this service necessary. The narrow window afforded a glitzy view of Namdaemun road as it heads south. The housekeeping was good and I came back to a clean room with crisp bed sheets and clean towels every night. Wifi was very strong inside the room and had no problems with internet connection.
Staff were very pleasant throughout the stay and quick to help when asked. The hotel also offers free shuttle rides to certain attractions which require prior reservations. Did not make use of this service because I was usually out of the hotel before 9am.
- The room temperature is centrally controlled and can only be brought down to 22-23 degrees Celsius and not lower. This might be a problem for some guests; found the room was less cool in the early mornings.
- There are only 2 lifts serving the hotel room floors and there may be a wait involved, however did not find this a problem during this stay.
- Buffet breakfast is not included in the rate though acceptably priced (~15-18USD).
Dealmaker: There are likely better quality hotels elsewhere for the same cost however the location of Ibis Ambassador in the Myeong Dong district is remarkable. If budget permits and not requiring of more luxurious comforts, then this is a very good option to consider. Happy to recommend Ibis Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel to fellow travelers to Seoul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Ibis Myeong Dong is located in the heart of the trendiest shopping district in Seoul, with major department stores, restaurants, cafes and nightclubs nearby. The hotel features 280 contemporary style rooms with LCD televisions as well as a restaurant, sauna, gym, business centre, coin operated laundry and parking. Major banks and businesses also have their headquarters in the area and the hotel has two meeting rooms available for up to 40 delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel
- Accor Ambassador Myeong Dong Hotel