“Comfortable and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Provista Hotel & Residence

You added Provista Hotel & Residence to your Saves list
Provista Hotel & Residence
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   338, Seocho-daero, Seocho-gu, Seoul 137-071, South Korea   |
Ranked #90 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
Boston, Massachusetts
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I traveled to South Korea in July 2011 with my parents for three weeks with the main purpose to visit my extended family around Seoul. To save money, I shared one of these apartment-style rooms with my parents so that I had my own sleeping space in the loft area. It was a little awkward at first (very steep stairs up to the loft area), but the hotel staff was friendly and accommodating to any of our requests. We found the kitchenette and laundry indispensable during our stay. We were so busy meeting up with family and friends that we had not seen in years, so having the ability to do our laundry and relax for a few minutes alone in our hotel was vital! We did not spend too much time in the hotel other than to sleep, but it was just what we needed.

I also had some friends and work colleagues in Seoul at the time and so the location of this hotel was quite convenient for meeting up with everyone. Just a couple of blocks from the metro, I found it remarkably easy to get around on my own. There is also a convenient store, pharmacy, and many coffee shops and other stores nearby for necessities.

Also free wi-fi, although some of the rooms did not get signal.

It was a moderately priced hotel and just what we needed for touch down space during our very active stay in Seoul.

Room Tip: If you have older kids or an extra adult traveling with you, the loft rooms are nice option.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

It's not the best location if you're in Seoul for shopping and eating. Taxi fares to the main shopping area is around 7,000 to 10,000 won depending on traffic. I'd rather pay more but to stay closer to Myong Dong next time to save the cab fare & time. The room is spacious, but the bathroom is small with minimal toiletries. Wi-Fi is only available at the lobby, not in the room, I find that very inconvenient.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Been to Seoul many times, this hotel is regularily booked out because it is one of the better lower priced hotels in Seoul. For the regular business traveler it is a good stay with everything you need.

Room Tip: If yo can afford it, the delux rooms are a good upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

My daughter and I stayed 2 nights at the Provista in the apartment-style room and was greatly pleased with the spaciousness and the provision of a stove where we could cook our morning breakfast of noodles, and a washing-machine. A booklet with instructions on how to operate these were provided, but we had to look for the knob that turned the gas on, and some guesswork on hte washing machine but both turned out fine in the end.
The location is great, too, 3 minutes to the Seoul National University metro station where you can go to all the central parts of town, and a short taxi ride to the Express Bus Terminal. Restaurants are available in the area, there's a very good one opposite the hotel serving bulgogi barbecue and galbi tang.

Room Tip: Choose the apartment over the ordinary hotel room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Shibuya, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have stayed at the Provista Hotel many times. I return for its convenient location and affordable rates. Over the course of several years, I had noticed that the property was not being well maintained and I thought that neglect might be undoing of this fine hotel. HOWEVER, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the property has been restored and the furniture in the rooms has been replaced. The Provista Hotel & Residence is certainly worth re-visiting.

Room Tip: Free wireless internet was available in my room, but first you will need to connect in the coffee sh...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

Situated in Gangnam, a two block walk from the Gyodae Station. Airport Terminal buses nearby that take you to and from the airport. The popular Gangnam Station is only a short ride on the train, 20 minute walk or a 2 minute cab ride. The hotel sits on top of an Outback Restaurant (which we never went to), we ordered delivery from the bunshik across the street since we were lazy to get out of bed in the mornings. You won't ever have to look for a coffee shop since it is literally surrounded by 5. It is a bit far if you want to go to all the tourist locations, but the location is good if you want to rest in an area where you won't have to deal with the hustle of people in Seoul. Most cab drivers wouldn't know it by name though so make sure you pick up a business card at the reception. The rooms are equipped with a kitchenette and washer/dryer and a loft, that I'm assuming is for drinking. The beds aren't exactly comfortable, but manageable. Rooms are equipped with Internet and cable television. The size of the room is generous compared with other hotels I've been to in Seoul, but the price is a tad more. I believe I paid around 95 USD per night for 2 weeks.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

We wanted to attend an exhibition in Seoul and since it was a last minute call we were confused, as all the economical hotels nearby the venue were either booked or they were highly priced.

After searching on tripadvisor, we found this Hotel called PROVISTA.

When we looked at the price, we thought we are going to compromise alot..

But things were really different when we checked in on 24th June 2010. The location was just 3-4 kms from Venue, very centrally located. Bus stop at 5 mins walk, metro station at an equal walk. Departmental stores every 10mins.

Stayed there for 4nights and enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel completely.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Been to Provista Hotel & Residence? Share your experiences!