“Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
Bangkok
“Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Without a doubt one of the best hotels in the world. An amazing mix of design, style and culture overlooking the city - including the showers!

An amazing breakfast and wonderful Korean sauna are an added bonus to an already amazing hotel.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Was nice stay in Hyatt Seoul. The lobby is huge and nice, the reception was effective and fast enough. The staff friendly and efficient.
The room was well organized and cozy, it's nice club lounge to have afternoon tea and refreshment.
But it's a bit out of the city, and taxi bit pricey to go up and down there.
Bit overall had a nice stay. Value for money.

• Stayed August 2013
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. I was in a suite which was great but the regular rooms look just as nice. Super views, bathroom, bed, etc. Breakfast on the second floor was fantastic. Bar in the lower level was really nice with live music. A little strange having to go up to the lobby (24th floor I think) then down to your room (I was on 21) but good for privacy I guess. Gym was quite good. They have a pool but pretty small.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt downtown Seoul in November/December 2012 for 5 nights on business. I am a regular Hyatt guest so often stay with them where I can and this is normally in the Regency's around the world. This particular stay was my first in a Park Hyatt. For those not aware, the Hyatt brand has many different hotels all fairly similar except star rating. The Park Hyatt is the highest star rating and most elegant and of course most expensive out of all the Hyatt hotels.

On arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff and taken to the lobby - which is found on a high floor and not the first floor so I was accompanied with the arrival staff in the elevator while we took the ride to the lobby. The bell men took my luggage for me to the lobby separately. I don't remember the exact floor number as this stay was some time ago, but from the lobby spectacular views can be had of the city. There is also a fine restaurant adjacent to the lobby where I once had lunch to a very satisfactory standard.

Here are my pro's and con's with the hotel that I experienced:

Pro:
- Very nicely maintained, it is fairly new so one would expect this
- Nice and clean on arrival
- Service is exceptional like most other Park Hyatt's
- Love the tea in the room with all the required utilities like tea pot, spoons etc. All very high-end items
- The design is very modern, i.e wall to wall glass so I had a panoramic view of the city
- I asked to be on a high-floor as I always do so I had great views
- Great location, right in the heart of Seoul

Cons:
- What really lets the hotel down is the noise. The noise comes from the traffic driving around outside of the hotel as there are many lanes of traffic and it never stops, no matter the time of night. Even though I was on a very high floor I could hear the road noise fairly high up and with ear plugs too. It seems sound proofing wasn't in the design of the hotel. I often stay at hotels in airports with large 747's taking off all the time and those hotels have always been quieter than this. Needless to say this affected my sleep the entire time I was there.
- The choice of wood floor is always a bad idea in hotel rooms due to guests above and below banging around. The noise of high-heel shoes banging around continually becomes tiresome.
- There was no real proper work desk to conduct business. There was a table but this was meant for dining at I think

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the floor below the lobby
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We've planned to go to Seoul for a congress and search for the hotels around COEX. I did my reservation almost a year ago and saved about 15%, which even that was expensive as all 5 star hotels of Seoul.
Upon arriving Incheon Airport We choose limobus which stops across the hotel. When departing they offered free taxi to city air terminal and KAL Limo to Incheon. I think this combination is the best way to and from the hotel.
From the reviews I knew that the lobby is on the 24th floor. At the entrance they took our luggages and helped us to lobby. The people at the entrance and reception were very kind and helpful ( as all the people I met in far east). Our room was on 17th floor. Elevators were working good so their first to lobby system didn't bother us.
We took Romance at Park package which includes in room breakfast, namu bath and late check out that we've enjoyed. The room with city wiew was spacious and the batroom and namu bath was great after 12 hour journey ( 10 h flying and 2 h from the airport ).
Park Hyatt is the right place if your are going Seoul for business, congress etc. We loved South Korean people,Seoul and Park Hyatt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Again another Park Hyatt that consistently delivers well calibrated, well executed service.
Its all quite understated and peaceful, a great place to come back to after a day's work.

Arguably some of the best food in town when you reach short rib fatigue. Breakfast is fantastic with a fresh full spread, cooking stations as well as a a la carte selection.

Staff is very attentive. The only drawback is maybe the often long wait for advice from the concierge. That said, all the recommendations were completely spot on with thorough information/maps etc….

For sightseeing north of the river, I thoroughly recommend using the subway system which is clean, quick and user friendly. Part of the line are over gound which allows you to see parts of the city too. (taxi rides are typically 45mn to get to/from the north palaces)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel when I travelled to S. Korea to visit my daughter. From check-in to check-out the experience was excellent. The lobby is located on the 24th. floor and the process was quick and the staff very friendly. I stayed in a Park King Suite which was stunning. Floor to ceiling windows, beautiful wood panelling throughout, a comfy living room area and a large bathroom with a rain shower and a huge bathtub also with floor to ceiling windows. The view of the World Trade Center an the surrounding Gangnam area was incredible especially at night. I chose to sleep with the shades up a couple of nights but if you prefer a darker room they can be lowered electronically and there is also a black-out shade if you like your room really dark.

We had breakfast delivered to our room 3 times and it was excellent - expensive but excellent. The spa and gum is on the 23rd. floor and the views are also awesome. There's a beautiful indoor infinity pool overlooking the city. The staff remembered our names, where we came from, even where my daughter lives in Korea. They went out of their way to make our stay a happy one.

There is a subway station literally steps from the front door which made things very convenient, and when I was leaving, the hotel provided a free car to the City Air Terminal where you can take a bus to ICN for $15 vs. about $100 if you go by taxi. (Hint: leave earlier than you think for your flight! Security at ICN was really slow).

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Park Hyatt Seoul? Share your experiences!