“Great hotel and breakfast!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #12 of 390 hotels in Seoul
Toronto, Canada
“Great hotel and breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. I was in a suite which was great but the regular rooms look just as nice. Super views, bathroom, bed, etc. Breakfast on the second floor was fantastic. Bar in the lower level was really nice with live music. A little strange having to go up to the lobby (24th floor I think) then down to your room (I was on 21) but good for privacy I guess. Gym was quite good. They have a pool but pretty small.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed at the Park Hyatt downtown Seoul in November/December 2012 for 5 nights on business. I am a regular Hyatt guest so often stay with them where I can and this is normally in the Regency's around the world. This particular stay was my first in a Park Hyatt. For those not aware, the Hyatt brand has many different hotels all fairly similar except star rating. The Park Hyatt is the highest star rating and most elegant and of course most expensive out of all the Hyatt hotels.

On arrival I was greeted by very friendly staff and taken to the lobby - which is found on a high floor and not the first floor so I was accompanied with the arrival staff in the elevator while we took the ride to the lobby. The bell men took my luggage for me to the lobby separately. I don't remember the exact floor number as this stay was some time ago, but from the lobby spectacular views can be had of the city. There is also a fine restaurant adjacent to the lobby where I once had lunch to a very satisfactory standard.

Here are my pro's and con's with the hotel that I experienced:

Pro:
- Very nicely maintained, it is fairly new so one would expect this
- Nice and clean on arrival
- Service is exceptional like most other Park Hyatt's
- Love the tea in the room with all the required utilities like tea pot, spoons etc. All very high-end items
- The design is very modern, i.e wall to wall glass so I had a panoramic view of the city
- I asked to be on a high-floor as I always do so I had great views
- Great location, right in the heart of Seoul

Cons:
- What really lets the hotel down is the noise. The noise comes from the traffic driving around outside of the hotel as there are many lanes of traffic and it never stops, no matter the time of night. Even though I was on a very high floor I could hear the road noise fairly high up and with ear plugs too. It seems sound proofing wasn't in the design of the hotel. I often stay at hotels in airports with large 747's taking off all the time and those hotels have always been quieter than this. Needless to say this affected my sleep the entire time I was there.
- The choice of wood floor is always a bad idea in hotel rooms due to guests above and below banging around. The noise of high-heel shoes banging around continually becomes tiresome.
- There was no real proper work desk to conduct business. There was a table but this was meant for dining at I think

Room Tip: Do not choose a room on the floor below the lobby
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We've planned to go to Seoul for a congress and search for the hotels around COEX. I did my reservation almost a year ago and saved about 15%, which even that was expensive as all 5 star hotels of Seoul.
Upon arriving Incheon Airport We choose limobus which stops across the hotel. When departing they offered free taxi to city air terminal and KAL Limo to Incheon. I think this combination is the best way to and from the hotel.
From the reviews I knew that the lobby is on the 24th floor. At the entrance they took our luggages and helped us to lobby. The people at the entrance and reception were very kind and helpful ( as all the people I met in far east). Our room was on 17th floor. Elevators were working good so their first to lobby system didn't bother us.
We took Romance at Park package which includes in room breakfast, namu bath and late check out that we've enjoyed. The room with city wiew was spacious and the batroom and namu bath was great after 12 hour journey ( 10 h flying and 2 h from the airport ).
Park Hyatt is the right place if your are going Seoul for business, congress etc. We loved South Korean people,Seoul and Park Hyatt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Again another Park Hyatt that consistently delivers well calibrated, well executed service.
Its all quite understated and peaceful, a great place to come back to after a day's work.

Arguably some of the best food in town when you reach short rib fatigue. Breakfast is fantastic with a fresh full spread, cooking stations as well as a a la carte selection.

Staff is very attentive. The only drawback is maybe the often long wait for advice from the concierge. That said, all the recommendations were completely spot on with thorough information/maps etc….

For sightseeing north of the river, I thoroughly recommend using the subway system which is clean, quick and user friendly. Part of the line are over gound which allows you to see parts of the city too. (taxi rides are typically 45mn to get to/from the north palaces)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel when I travelled to S. Korea to visit my daughter. From check-in to check-out the experience was excellent. The lobby is located on the 24th. floor and the process was quick and the staff very friendly. I stayed in a Park King Suite which was stunning. Floor to ceiling windows, beautiful wood panelling throughout, a comfy living room area and a large bathroom with a rain shower and a huge bathtub also with floor to ceiling windows. The view of the World Trade Center an the surrounding Gangnam area was incredible especially at night. I chose to sleep with the shades up a couple of nights but if you prefer a darker room they can be lowered electronically and there is also a black-out shade if you like your room really dark.

We had breakfast delivered to our room 3 times and it was excellent - expensive but excellent. The spa and gum is on the 23rd. floor and the views are also awesome. There's a beautiful indoor infinity pool overlooking the city. The staff remembered our names, where we came from, even where my daughter lives in Korea. They went out of their way to make our stay a happy one.

There is a subway station literally steps from the front door which made things very convenient, and when I was leaving, the hotel provided a free car to the City Air Terminal where you can take a bus to ICN for $15 vs. about $100 if you go by taxi. (Hint: leave earlier than you think for your flight! Security at ICN was really slow).

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

A strictly business hotel with excellent service and amenities if you're not intending to mix pleasure with business so much. I checked in on a very late December evening, and the reception was really warm, friendly, and speedy. Nothing touristy around the site, yet the COEX mall right across the street could be an easy escape. The breakfast was delicious, and the bar served great cocktails. My business-related needs were met in a very attentive manner. An excellent business hotel, but - once again - not the best one if you're up for more touristic leisure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I wanted to be wowed by this Park Hyatt but wasn't...

The good things:
Very friendly staff - the hotel had arranged a DMZ tour for us and it was cancelled two days before it was scheduled to take place. The staff immediately rebooked us on another day, called us and emailed us with the change. I really appreciated that because the DMZ was one of our most-anticipated things in our trip to South Korea. The staff was also great at providing restaurant recommendations and helping us get cabs to various restaurants in the area.
The location - right, it's not in downtown Seoul but Gangnam was very nice and the subway (the Seoul subway is perhaps the best subway system in the world! SO easy to use!) is literally three steps from the Park Hyatt's door. Super convenient.

The reasons there aren't five stars for my review are the small things, but for a Park Hyatt (and the Park Hyatt prices), amazing is in the details:
The hotel room was somewhat inconvenient. The vanity/sink area is in the same room as the bed so for noise and lights, you're always waking up the other person. Also, the toilet was in its own room, complete with a door, but didn't have its own light so if you wanted to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, you had to turn on the room lights or go to the bathroom in the dark.
The shower faced out toward the glass windows so if you wanted to shower without giving your neighbors a show, you had to put down all the electronic curtains in the whole room, as they are all connected (e.g., no separate curtains for the showers).
The hotel food and drink is ridiculously expensive. Obviously I'm not expecting a $5 beer at the Park Hyatt but $20 for a domestic bottled beer in the Timber House? Or a $60 glass of mediocre wine? Come on. It's a shame because the atmosphere is so great that you want to hang out post-dinner but can't afford it.
The pool is beautiful but it's literally right next to the lounge/restaurant which made me avoid it... I don't need a bunch of business men watching me swim while they eat their lunch. Why didn't they at least make the walls solid instead of glass?
Street noise is definitely there... Thicker glass in the rooms facing the busy intersection would have been nice.

A note on the elevators as many people mention this in the reviews:
I didn't think it was that irritating. It''s for security purposes and we never waited long for an elevator. The staff took great pains to explain how the system worked and I didn't think it was an issue.

All in all, I wouldn't hurry back here. I'd be more inclined to stay at the Grand Hyatt Seoul or another hotel in the Gangnam area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Hyatt Seoul? Share your experiences!