I stayed 4D/3N stay in the Studio Suite of the W Seoul. This marks my inaugural stay at the W Seoul, although having stayed at the W hotels in Singapore/Hong Kong/Taipei, I was keen to continue my W sojourn.
The quirky design of the W Seoul which fits in well with the W brand in general. But I do agree that Woo bar at night is rather irritating with its loud thumping music reminiscent of a night club.
The studio suite is NOT a technically a suite as it did not have separate living/sleeping areas. Even the Mega Suite suffers from the same drawback.
However, the Studio suite comes with an interesting circular W bed with 400 thread count bed linen. There is also a huge LCD TV. Toiletries belong to the Bliss range.
The gym is state-of-the-art and very spacious - one of the best I have seen in a hotel! The swimming pool is functional but nothing to shout home about.
The breakfast spread at Kitchen was great with both international and local cuisine. I especially liked the cold cuts and dessert section.
The hotel is located on WalkerHill and is a tad isolated. However, there are convenient shuttle-buses to Gwangnam and Gangbyeon subway stations as well as to Itaewon and Myeungdong shopping districts.
There are significant problems with the hotel:
- certain areas of the hotel are too dimly lit (e.g. the elevators)
- the toilet seats were also not heated
- the WC and shower stall lights were too dim
- use of the wet spa (water zone) was NOT complimentary
- no pre-dinner drinks/canapes service due to a lack of a physical executive lounge; however, certain hotels withOUT such lounges still offer their guests such a service (e.g. wine & cheese at St Regis Singapore, a 3000yen minibar credit at St Regis Osaka)
- the proper suites only start from the Fabulous and Marvellous suite categories (this practice contrasts with your NEWER sister W properties as they do upgrade Platinum guests to Fabulous and even Marvellous suites)
However, service at the W Seoul was better than expected. The Welcome manager was instrumental in helping with my reservation and the W Insider was a treasure trove of knowledge.
On the whole, I think the W Seoul shows promise and would like to re-visit when they have polished their act, especially in the areas of deficiency as highlighted above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resting cloudlike on the slope of Mount Acha overlooking the Han river, W Seoul is only 15 minutes from the bustling Gangnam financial and business district, yet a world away on 180 acres of parkland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your W Seoul Walkerhill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- w Seoul Walkerhill Hotel Seoul
- w Hotel Seoul
- w Hotels Seoul