“Excellent choice in downtown Seoul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Hotel

Save Saved
You added Metro Hotel to your Saves list
Metro Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14, Myeongdong 9ga-Gil, Jung-Gu, Seoul 100-845, South Korea   |
Ranked #10 of 390 hotels in Seoul
Manila
“Excellent choice in downtown Seoul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

I stayed at the Metro Hotel when Seoul was absolutely freezing. Fortunately, the hotel provided a warm refuge from the frigid expanse of this otherwise exciting and vibrant city. There was no shortage of great reviews about this hotel prior to my stay so I knew by and large what to expect. The only thing that bothered me was how accessible is it from the spot where bus 6015 stops from Incheon Airport. Turns out that my doubts were unfounded since the airport limousine bus drops passengers off in front of the Ibis Myeong Dong which is no more than a 2-minute walk to the Metro Hotel. The rest of my stay was flawless due primarily to the excellent accomodation, service, location, and room rate per night. This hotel is highly recommended and I hope to return again soon.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

693 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

Metro Hotel located in a very good area of Myung dong the popular shopping area. Easy to find and reach the Airport Bus stop too, it's just two minutes walk from the hotel. Surround by many shops,department stores,cinemas and restaurants.

Me and my friend stayed in a Deluxe twin room which was so big they have one double bed and one single bed in the room also still have plenty of space and have nice living area in the room. Bathroom was big enough with bathtub as well and The room was very clean and quite (we stayed on the 7 th floor). Staffs were helpful and friendly.

Just one thing we didn't like about the hotel was the breakfast. It was just a few and exactly the same everyday. But overall was very good. We will definietly come back to stay at Metro Hotel again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

Found this hotel from the Lonely Planet guides. Never regret staying in this hotel except for the difficulty communicating with the staff (Some of them still had accent if not hardly speak english). They are still very eager to help though,as my questions were quickly diverted to the English-speaking staff. Really strategic location although it is a bit hard to find by bus (from the airport). In the heart of Myeongdong Shopping Complex and near TGIF. The bed itself is quite cozy (booked a triple room) and room was more spacious than other similar Seoul hotels.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2009

I thought I wouldn't be surprised after reading all these positive reviews but the truth is I was. People say this hotel is good. It is not. It is better than that. Not to mention what you pay for it.
The room is always described as small but I found it just the perfect size (I booked the smallest because I traveled alone). The bathroom is roomy enough for all your needs and it is very bright which is a plus. Comfy bed, big wardrobe, nice location close to a tube station and many attractions. The hotel is located in front of a bank (convenient to exchange money) and next to some nice Korean restaurants in case you want to try Korean food.
Friendly and helpful staff. The bellboy, the receptionists, the girls in the cafeteria, all of them greeted me with a warm good morning and they were smiling every time I addressed to them. Seriously, you do not get this treatment in many 5-stars hotels.
Did I tell you they left me a xmas card and a rose on my bed on the 24th? I thought it was very thoughtful of the hotel. It is hard to feel at home in a hotel. I felt in this one.
I have to point out something else I liked about this place – the staff uses their real name, not an Americanized name like Jennifer or Paul just to “make it easier for foreigners”. This happened at a Pullman hotel I stayed in.
Some people complained there is no distinction between non-smoker/smoker room. Mine wasn’t cigarette-smelly but I would be upset if it was.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Metro is a reasonably priced hotel in center of Seoul. The Hotel is nicely located just off Namdemun Road & El jiro 1. It is fairly nicely located hotel. Though the rooms are small, it is good value for money. The breakfast is not that good. From Airport bus No.6015 comes to IBIS hotel Myogdong & the hotel is a small walk from the bus stop.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

My husband and I took our three young children (<7 yr. old) to Seoul on our way back home to US from Taiwan and stayed at Metro Hotel for 3 nights. We had premium room with 2 queen size beds and 1 single bed. Even though the hotel is located in a busy alley in Myungdong, we couldn't hear anything from the room on the 3rd floor. Bathroom was very roomy and clean. It had both shower and tub, which was a big plus for us with young children. My only complain is that A/C was not cold enough.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

I booked this hotel off of a Korean hotel site, which did not give too much information other than the location - Myeongdong - so it was a bit of a gambler. After lots of research about Seoul, I decided I wanted to be close to the major attractions like Gyeongbukgung Palace, Namdaemun Gate, North Seoul Tower and the subway (not to mention eating, drinking and shopping!). This hotel is right in the middle of everything. The neighbourhood is a pedestrial block stacked full of things to do, eat or buy. It's a sensory overload, as this was the first time my girlfriend and I have been to Asia. The gamble paid off!

The hotel itself is very, very clean. The staff spoke enough english to answer all of our questions. There was never any problems with anybody who worked at the hotel - everyone was amazing! The room we booked came with the free breakfast - and make sure you take advantage of it! It might not look like much, but the eggs, meat, salad and croissant was one of the best breakfasts I have eaten in Korea. I have been here over 5 months now and still think it was one of the best.

The rate was very reasonable at 70,000 won a night. The rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms are quite large by Korean standards. I would definately come back to this hotel again. It is perfect for a lower-mid budget traveller like myself.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Metro Hotel? Share your experiences!