“Perfect stay in Seoul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Hotel

You added Metro Hotel to your Saves list
Metro Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14, Myeongdong 9ga-Gil, Jung-Gu, Seoul 100-845, South Korea (Myeongdong / Namdaemun)   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #7 of 422 Hotels in Seoul
studionn
“Perfect stay in Seoul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had a great stay at this hotel. Very clean, comfortable room, great breakfast and friendly staff at front desk. This feels like a boutique hotel which we prefer. We were so happy with this hotel. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights at Metro Hotel in Oct 2012, this hotel is super popular (rightfully so) hence when we booked in Aug we had to switch rooms twice for the 4 nights. However staff were very good at moving our things to the new room.

Clean & modern style rooms, friendly staff and you can't beat the location, shops and restaurants on your doorsteps, all for more than half the price you would have paid for the 5* hotels. The breakfast is also very good.

If we go back to Seoul we will certainly stay at metro Hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Leipzig, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Straight forward boutique hotel right at shopping and dining area in the middle of Myeong-dong district. Eays access to city center around city hall. Quick and efficient checkin/checkout. Room was relatively large with a hard & comfortable bed. Bathroom large enough. Quick free wifi. Great breakfast. Reception helpful with printing & faxing. Had a great stay at this friendly and personal place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The reviews of Metro Hotel here in Trip Advisor and in every other traveler forum were all fantastic, so I decided to book here for our trip to Seoul.

I initially booked a Deluxe Room for 4 nights. The booking through the website was fast, easy and efficient. Prices are even discounted when you book through the website. A few minutes after I booked, I received an email confirming my reservation and giving me information about my booking.

Then we decided to extend our vacation to 6 nights. I emailed Metro Hotel if I could extend my reservation, and to change the room type from Deluxe to a Standard room. Again, they replied to my email after just a few minutes to confirm that they could extend my reservation to six nights, and that I could change the room type. It was very efficient and hassle-free.

A few days before we arrived in Seoul, I received a call from Metro Hotel confirming my reservation and the details of the room. They even asked if we had any special requests. This is the first time I experienced this from any hotel, and I must say that this kind of customer service puts Metro Hotel at the very top of my best hotel service list.
Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff who spoke English really well. I was feeling under the weather when we arrived in Seoul at 6:30am, and I asked if we could get a Business room until we could check in to our actual room (check in time was 3:00pm). They readily accommodated my request and within a few minutes we checked in to the Business room, and by the time we checked out of the room at 12nn, the Standard room that we reserved was ready for check in. Because of their accommodation, I was able to rest and I felt better after a few hours of good sleep.

The Standard room was small, but good enough for two and all our luggage (we had four!). The room provided the essentials I look for in all hotel rooms: cable tv, slippers, toiletries, robes, complimentary water, coffee and tea making facility, fridge, hairdryer, safe. It also had free WIFI, and a high-tech toilet seat to boot.

The location of the hotel is fantastic. It is literally just two minutes away from the airport shuttle bus stop, and also from the subway station (Euljiro-il ga station) which makes going around Seoul a breeze. It is also right smack in the middle of the Myeongdong shopping area. You can take your pick from the variety of restaurants in the area, and shop until you drop! It is right across the Lotte Department Store and Lotte Young Plaza, and a few steps away from the underground Myeongdong Shopping area too. It is likewise five minutes away from the Nanta Myeongdong Theater, where you can watch the famous Nanta Cooking show.

The hotel provides free breakfast buffet when you book through the website. Breakfast was satisfying. I loved their homemade yoghurt, dumplings and porridge. I also loved that the ambient music was classical music, so we ate breakfast with Handel and Bach in the background. It was a fantastic way to start the day.

The staff readily gave me information (and one even researched for me how to best book a Hanggang River Cruise, and which subway station to go to) about tourist destinations in Seoul. They were always smiling, always ready to help, and spoke English really really well (no language barriers here!).

Perhaps the only small negative thing I can say about the hotel is the housekeeping. I don’t think the housekeeping lady did more than change the sheets and towels, and sweep the bathroom floor. On two occasions she threw the tissue (from the trash bin) and the sweepings into the toilet bowl, and forgot to flush it. It was rather gross. It was a good thing the toilet didn’t get clogged with all the tissue and hair and dust haha. But I have to say though, that overall the hotel and the room were really clean.

All in all I loved Metro Hotel. I will definitely recommend this to all my friends and family who are going to Seoul, and will surely stay in this hotel every time I visit Seoul. Five stars, two thumbs up! Kamsahamnida Metro Hotel for a great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SkySong, Sales & Marketing Team Manager at Metro Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Mr/Ms Jaymee0511

Hello from Metro hotel, Seoul!
Thank you so much for your time to share your review about your recent stay at Metro hotel.
It is very nice to learn that our reservation and front desk team were able to assist you properly concerning your reservation and sight seeing information. Thanks for mentioning our official website which you could get discounted room rates and free breakfast from.
We were so disappointed to hear that our housekeeping didn't follow the standard and procedure when she was cleaning your bathroom. We have pointed this out during our housekeeping meeting and will all be paying special attention to it.

Thank you again for staying with us and your kind review. We look forward to seeing you again at Metro hotel.

Warmest regards
Sky Song
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. Here's our reviews:

PROS:
- Very good location. At the heart of Myeongdong. Shopping district for clothes, shoes, street food and makeup makeup makeup!
- Very good customer service. They overlooked my emails that we are a party of 3 and they booked us a room for 2. We had to pay an extra person charge but they gave us extra 4 breakfast buffet coupons (since we're staying for 4 nights) to rectify the situation. We are happy with this.
- Basic but more than adequate breakfast buffet spread. The croissants are divine.
- 5 minute walk to Lotte Mall and many other malls that I don't know how to spell.
- You can definitely feel the security of the place.
- Even if it's located in the middle of everything, the surroundings are safe. You can walk in the wee hours pf the morn without fear. We always go back to the hotel at around 2am and never felt that we had to walk fast.
- Fast internet. Separate wireless router for each room.
- Had to mention this - cool electric toilets :-)

CONS:
- When we requested for a socket adaptor, these aren't free. They rent it out and that was the first that I've heard of it. Good thing there is an AVR (inside the closet) that are for guests who need to plug to 100 volts sockets. We just used this to avoid renting the adapter.
- Most but not all receptionists can speak good English. Took me a difficult time to request for pillows to be replaced. Used the words "replace", "change", or "need new pillows", none worked and I ultimately just gave up.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

First timer to Seoul and this hotel is in a great location and a phenomenal value. I'm glad I read the reviews because it is a real gem.

Pros -
Location...you can't beat the location, especially for shopping...and a good location for exploring the city.
Value...great price compared to other lodging options
Room...free Wifi, decent sized room. Free breakfast, although I didn't think the offerings where that spectacular, but to each his own.

Cons -
Difficult finding the property when arriving by the airport bus...even if you can decipher the map on their website. Be sure to do your homework on locating...I asked several people when I was dropped off and still took forever to find it. It's buried in side streets and one of those locations where you are literally standing in front of it before you see it. Look for Smoothie King and/or Outback Steakhouse and then look up.

No early check in...I get it, why should I get something I don't pay for...but they also don't have any Hotel restrooms in the lobby...so, when arriving early after a overnight flight, it's nice to be able to change...and I was directed to use Outback Steakhouse's bathroom to change, which I did. It was a bit odd and uncomfortable...and not the best first impression.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Majorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We only had 24 hours for a stopover in Seoul and chose Metro hotel for the comments on Tripadvisor. We found it very easy to get to the hotel from the airport and were greated with some handwarmers and a map of the neighborhood. Our luggage was taken care of and after 5 minutes we were on our way to the city bus tour.
We returned in the late afternoon and checked in our room which was small but clean, nicely furnished and with a heated toilette seat what might not be important to mention but after a day with snow and -8 degrees it was a detail which we really enjoyed.
The hotel fullfilled not only our expactations but made our short stay very enjoyable with nice staff, a good breafkast buffet with cerals, bread and croissants and home-made yogurt next to Asian warm dishes. Also, the location is ideal as the steakhouse next doors makes a perfect dinner without waking out of the building and shops and other restaurants in the neighborhood. We would definitly chose Metro Hotel again for a future stay in Seoul.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple