“A super small room” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Yoido Hotel

Save Saved
You added Yoido Hotel to your Saves list
Yoido Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   62, Eunhaeng-ro, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul 150-010, South Korea   |
Ranked #174 of 397 Hotels in Seoul
Brisbane, Australia
“A super small room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The Yoido Hotel has super small room. Our reservation was for 2 adults and 1 child total of 3 pax. However, when we arrived we were given small room with 2 small single bed only. It took awhile before they understood what I wanted was 1 big bed and 1 single bed. The heater was not working and again it took awhile before they understood that cold air was coming out of the heater and not heat. The towel given was just for 1 person and again it took awhile before they gave us 3 towels for use.

The bidet was a nice thing to have although the bathroom had molds especially the soap dish.

I requested to have a room clean in the morning and when I came back 3pm it was still how we left it and again I had to request for 3 towels.

No restaurant in the hotel either, they have a place for breakfast but other than that it is not available for use. Their breakfast was not good either, croissant taste like it has molds too. Fries were rancid.

Room Tip: have a translation app on your phone to be able to go around. Theres a small grocery shop nearby an...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Indonesian first
Malang, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is pretty good. Has nice service, even when the front desk isn't really fluent in English. Kinda hard to communicate, but they are nice. WiFi isn't available in room, but it's available in lobby. Near 24-hour market. This hotel is located in Yeouido, which is a business area. So when you walk around in day, it's pretty crowded but in the night, it will be very quiet and empty. Really. I once walked at like 6 p.m. and no one was there! No one! But Seoul is a very safe place, so you don't have to worry. Only walking distance to Yeoido Park and Han River. This hotel is between them. So you will get a room that faces either Yeoido Park or Han River. Not really near MRT station, but it's still reachable if you like walking.
I really enjoyed my stay here. Very recommended!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Kuching, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

We went to Seoul again in December 2011, this time we were on a group tour. Yoido was one of the hotels that we stayed at while on the trip, having stayed altogether 4 different hotels during our 7 days trip.
Yoido Hotel is a nice modern small hotel. The rooms are compact but do not give you the crammed up feeling. It is a short walk over to the Yoido Park, about 10 minutes but is a longer walk to the subway station, about 20 minutes. We had travelled to out-of-city areas like Seoraksan, Waterpia theme park in the days earlier before coming back to the city. We saw snow but did not experience the real snowing. Well it happened that morning. When we looked out of the hotel window we saw snow in the streets, on car tops, sidewalks and the trees and it looked beautiful. We went out to breakfast later and we caught a real snowfall. Though it was only for a short while of about 20 minutes it was exciting. We were leaving Seoul that afternoon and were glad to experience a snowfall.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Recently stayed at the Yoido hotel - was booked as part of a Seoul tour.

The hotel itself is, as my title suggests, perfectly fine, though nothing especially exceptional. The lobby is cute and nicely designed, with a small reception area, a coffee/tea/buffet area where they do light breakfasts, and a small "business center" with computers available for guest use. There's also a small gym that I didn't see and can't comment on.

The rooms are medium sized - not too small by Asian standards. They're pretty basically appointed and feel somewhat worn/dated all around (furniture, linens, fixtures, etc). But it seemed clean and safe.

Had a problem with the WC and the staff came up immediately and fixed it, so kudos for responsiveness.

Location depends on your plans. Its right in the Yoido area, not too far from the LG towers and about a 15 minute walk from the nearest subway station. Getting to other parts of town via taxi can be expensive, so unless you're planning to be in this part of town for a reason, you may want to consider other areas.

At around $100/night, its relatively well-priced by Seoul standards. Basically a 2-3 star hotel, that's clean, safe and had good service.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

Nice medium size hotel, my company booked me there as we were having a conference. It was my second time staying at this hotel, just next to the largest Christian
Church in Seoul/in Korea.

The hotel is situated in the center of the Cherry Blossom avenue, we were told by our Korean colleagues that this is a good place to stay if you come during the cherry blossom season.

Nice clean rooms, very nice Korean breakfast with Kimchi (there special marinated veggies)

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Gloucester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2007

The Yoido hotel was suggested by a Korean colleage for convenience. I booked it on-line and got a very cheap rate. Now I understand why. My room of the 3rd floor stank of old bathrooms and smoke and was basic to say the least. I called reception and they said I did not book non-smoking in advance which was rubbish but either the website did not pass the information on or they did not take any notice. On a sunday night I doubt they were full but they were not going to move me. Their website claims an excellent business hotel. In the room the leaflet says a tourist hotel. I would not put tourists or business people in it. The room itself had a bed, the bedside light did not work, was dull and dingy, but above all smelly. Horrible. The guy in the next room made a lot of phone calls, so sound insulation was not a top prioriy when they built it. Free internet was the only plus I could come up with (except the cable they gave me did not work and I used my own). There are other hotels in the district -stay there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Yoido Hotel? Share your experiences!