“Excellent service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ShinShin Hotel

You added ShinShin Hotel to your Saves list
ShinShin Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   17-5, Namdaemun-ro 5-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-080, South Korea   |
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #16 of 399 Hotels in Seoul
4.5 of 5 stars 202 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is my 3rd stay with ShinShin - A boutique hotel with 75 rooms.

They are opened in April 2013 and I stayed with them when they started.
6 months down the road and they have almost full occupancy everyday for October. I'm really happy that there're many others who like this hotel as much as I do!

The staff here speaks English, Japanese and Korean.
And I'm very grateful that hotel provide such a huge map for in-house guest to show what's nearby and information about airport limousine bus (Just a 2 mins walk from the Namdaemum stop where you can wait for the airport limousine buses - Bus 6015 brings you straight to Incheon & 6001 brings you to Gimpo)

The room is clean and comes with free toiletries (shower foam, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush & paste). Bathrobe & slippers are provided. Size of the room is just right for me.

I really like the bed, it's very comfortable. Free wifi is provided as well.

It's just a short 5 mins walk away from Namdaemun market and 8 mins to Myeongdong street.

I will definitely stay at ShinShin again.

For the location, the bed and the excellent service from the staff!

Room Tip: Superior room comes with a small bathtub but facing construction site of new hotel (but I was affect...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at ShinShin Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your valuable comments on TripAdvisor, which is most appreciated.

We are extremely happy to know that you found that our dedicated associates provided you with a 'remarkable' service.

We will continually work towards providing most exceptional Hotel ShinShin's experiences to all our guests.

PR MANAGER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Hotel Shin Shin has about 50 years of history and recently the birth of a new chapter in 2013 with a complete makeover!

We stayed here for 3 nights and we love it!

Room (Heavenly, King sized bed) >>> Very comfortable bed and I like the overall design of the place ... simple and functional. I kinda like the open concept shower area with a small tub ... different but nice ... Space is a little tight in the room but it was not a huge problem for us ... we were out most of the time and literally came back to the place to crash!

*** Special mention to the housekeeping service ... I was very pleased with my housekeeper who never failed to surprise me how well and clean she kept our room every day (trust me, I was staying at Grand Hyatt Seoul before Hotel Shin Shin, and it wasn't even as clean) ... the room was fairly messy because we would be so beat from a whole day of walking and literally get out in the morning to start another day of adventure in Seoul.

I appreciated the overall service level here ... from the reception to the folks at the Dining Hall (their restaurant). Since I mention the Dining Hall, the food was awesome! We ordered 2 kinds of pasta ... Seafood in tomato sauce and Crab meat in a cream sauce ... it was so delicious ... great quality! The environment was really cozy and we had such a good time chilling out with fabulous service as well!

Location is very central ... right smack in the heart of Seoul! It is close to most of the attractions like Namdaemun market (literally across the street) ... another 5 to 8 mins from the market is the famous Myeongdong shopping paradise.

City Hall subway station (both Green and Blue lines) is about 5 mins walk ...
>>> Green line will take you directly to Dongdaemun market, Honggik University station (great spot for coffee and pub ... Flea Market on every Saturday).
>>> Blue line will take you directly to Yongsan station (Electronic shopping hub), Jongno 3-ga (Isadong) ... or change to Orange line from Jogno 3-ga to Anguk (Bukchon, Samcheong-dong)

In addition, the location is great to explore different local Korean restaurants, including some street stalls that sell BBQ food.

*** Just a little warning ... they are constructing another hotel next door ... it does get a little noisy ... I was surprised that on a Saturday, the construction started at about 4:30am! On a weekday, it was from 9 to 5 or 6pm. This is probably something the hotel cannot much about but I thought I share this with those who are planning to stay there to be mentally prepared ... otherwise, as you can tell ... I still had a great stay there!

By the way, they were fully booked when we were there.

Room Tip: There are 2 buildings ... 20 steps across each other ... I would recommend rooms that are away from...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at ShinShin Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Appreciation for your detail comments on our hotel.

We are extremely happy to know that you found that our dedicated associates especially our housekeepers provided you with a 'remarkable' service.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is an interesting hotel that's very good. It also has a distinctive Korean flavor and is perfect for the sophisticated traveler who's tired of typical, over-sized international properties. The atmosphere appears to be authentic for Seoul but, that said, one must expect small rooms and small public places. The layout of the property is a bit odd, too, with the lobby on a lower level across from the portion of the building where most guest rooms are located. The neighborhood is convenient and there are many good, established restaurants nearby. Although the hotel is difficult to find, one telephone call brought an employee through a narrow street and down the hill to meet me and to assist with my luggage.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at ShinShin Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
We appreciate for your staying with us. Our commitment is to make all of our guests to feel us a home away from home.

Looking forward to welcoming you back

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for one night - rooms are compact but comfortable. Very large comfortable bed. Separate toilet - shower/bath has a curtain. Not really suitable to bath unless you are very petite or a child. Room was spotless.
The DineHall restaurant was open for very limited hours - I wanted a drink when I got back around 9.15pm and it was closed. But lots of places to eat and drink nearby. Great location - walking distance to a lot of sights and nightlife.
Lovely super helpful staff.
There is a hotel being built next door but the room was very quiet and I didn't hear the construction noise during the day.

• Stayed September 2013
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at ShinShin Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your valuable comments on TripAdvisor, which is most appreciated.

We are extremely happy to know that you found our hotel's location to be most convenient, and that our dedicated associates provided you with a 'remarkable' service.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stay for 2 nights for holiday.

Shinshin hotel is truly hidden gems in Myeong Dong. I am happy that I choose this newly open hotel instead of Ibis. The room is spotless clean with comfy bed and good pressure bathtub although the size is quite small. Service is promptly response and the staffs speak good English.

The location is on the small street uphill withing 5 mins walk to Myeongdong entrance, Lotte, Cityhall subway, and namdaemun market. The canal and palace are still in walking distances from the hotel. Also, there are plenty of Restaurants and convenient stores nearby.

The hotel in seoul is expensive, so I highly recommend this hotel as good value compare with quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at ShinShin Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013

Best wishes from Seoul.
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed there with 2 young kids. The room was comfy although small but clean and the bathroom has a separate toilet & small bathtub. The service there was excellent and we loved Ms Jessie Park. She was very helpful, attentive and very kind to the kids. Food wise, we didn't go to their adjacent restaurant as there were many other restaurants nearby.
Once you reach the airport, take the airport bus 6015 (pay the bus driver directly - about Korean won10,000 for an adult) and stop at Naedaemun Market. then take an underground passage to the opposite street where you will see EDIYA COFFEE at the corner. Take the little steep hill up ( which is the road next to the cafe) and you will see Shin SHin hotel on your left after the construction site. Turn to your left, past the restaurant on your right and enter into another entrance where you will find a lift on your left or take the stairs down to B1 - which is where the reception is.
For breakfast if you are not eating at the hotel restaurant, you can go to the bakery opposite the main road - Tous Les Jours.
To get back to the airport, just go down the hill again and there is a small bus Stop sign on your left. Adjacent to Ediya coffee. The bus will come every 10-15 mins. Bus no. 6015.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor and away from the construction. The single bed size is super single size...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at ShinShin Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
We are extremely grateful to hear your compliment that you enjoyed your time with us.

I would be very happy to make the arrangements for your next stay at Hotel ShinShin.

So please do let me know when you next plan your trip, I will happily assist with you anytime.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed for a week, taking the airport express train to Seoul Station and walking from there (I only ever travel with hand luggage) in 15 minutes. The location is great but the rooms are quiet, well furnished and comforting; the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful in Korean, Japanese and English, and when the wireless wouldn't work in my room they brought a wifi router that solved the problem. I will stay here every time I come to Seoul from now on.

Room Tip: There is only one lift: I was on the 3rd floor and used the stairs, but you probably wouldn't wa...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
신신호텔, PR 매니저 at ShinShin Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thanks for your compliment that you enjoyed your time with us.

For the matter of WIFI, now we are working on it to improve its quality. Once again, thanks for your kind understanding.

PR MANAGER

Been to ShinShin Hotel? Share your experiences!