“Probably would've been a nice stay...” 2 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   242-45 Gongdeok-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea   |
Ranked #195 of 334 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
3.5 of 5 stars 6 Reviews
USA
“Probably would've been a nice stay...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

But unfortunately, I did not get to experience Leo's hospitality. Shortly after booking through Agoda, I was contacted by Leo and told that the hostel was overbooked and to please cancel my booking. Unfortunately, the terms were so that if I cancelled, I'd lose a $15 processing fee. I told him this and asked him to take care of it through Agoda. I also suggested that he could put us up in another hotel in the area, since we would like to stay in the vicinity. I waited two day with no response, so I called Agoda and told them the problem. They called the hostel and got it sorted out for me very quickly. Good service on Agoda's part.

It would've been nice to stay here, since the hotel is right off the AREX, and I read good reviews on Agoda.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Thai first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I stayed here for one night. A cute little place that was perfectly suited to my needs.

Close to subway and lots of restaurants close by.

Room was clean; hot water plentiful; wifi fast.

The most amazing part was how helpful the owner was. I arrived late on a Friday afternoon and needed a electric converter so I could plug my laptop into the electric socket - I was quite low on power after the long flight. The hostel had a few converters but they were all being used by other guests at the time. I asked if there was a store nearby where I could purchase one. Instead, without a moment's notice, the owner drove me in his vehicle to the local appliance store so we could get another converter.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to City Hostel Korea? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about City Hostel Korea

Address: 242-45 Gongdeok-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Location: South Korea > Seoul
Ranked #195 of 334 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Hotel Class:2 star — City Hostel Korea 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your City Hostel Korea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage City Hostel Korea, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.