“A pleasant stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Family & Friends House

You added Family & Friends House to your Saves list
Family & Friends House
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   81-12, World Cup buk-ro 6-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea (Hongdae)   |
Ranked #13 of 380 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nanjing, China
“A pleasant stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We lived in the dormitory,it was nice and cozy.there's kitchen so we can easily cook sometime.The owner of the guesthouse is friendly and nice.I love the breakfast time,I can meet new people every morning ,and chat about our travel plans.It's a great place to make new friends and a convenient place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Dear lexie

Is this Lexie?? The name which made in Tripadvisor is different from the one who I know.
But I'm quite sure you are Lexie.

Thank you so much for your review!
I'm so happy to have such a great two girls here!
You are the first one who I had street foods together ^^ and I really enjoyed it.
Moreover, we shared cookies and Pizza as well which is so delicious.

I can not forget you, you become by younger sister~
Hope we can see again very soon definately!

Let's keep in touch, sister!
I already miss you and love you.

Lyentte Un-ni

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hoster is so nice that we have had many unforgetable time to be with her. The house is really clean, warm and convenient. all the guests are friendly and we have made many friends from different countries. Breakfast time is my favorite part of our staying. Living there just feel like living at home. I will make it my first choice if i went to Korea again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hi!!!! Fengling Jiang

I prefer to call you "Lychee" ^^

I'm so happy to have your review on Tripadvisor!!
and I had a great time with you & Ling Hui zhong!!

Especially having street food "dduck-bok-ku" with hot soup was one of great memory for me.
And you guys gave me snack which is my favorit!! I'm so touched with it!

Two of you are so pretty and lovely girls I never met before, I feel like you are my younger sisters haha!

I hope to see you again definately!

Love you
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Feels like home when you stay there with the help of the owner Lynette and Hun, your trip would be meaningful and full of joy. Really encourage anyone going to Seoul to stay at this guesthouse. Really nice place to hangout and have, you have to go out and take a sip of Hongdae street. Experience the nightlife there that you will never forget.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Hudzaifah Zol Hamidy

Thank you so much for you review , I'm so happy to have it.

Four of you are amazing and wonderful people and it makes my life enrich.
Especially, little chat with my husband was great, wasn't it?

I already miss you and hope to see all guys in Korea or Malaysia too!!

Thanks again!
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Since I got there at the first day morning, I have already made a few friends who from other country. The owner Lynette is so sweet and helpful, explains anything you ask. Something i enjoyed very much, I stayed for 5 nights, slept in Female Dormitory Room with 5 other strangers. Someone leave, someone stay, everyday happens. That means you will see different faces, the guest has changed everyday, it is kinda great if you travel alone, you can make some fun and share the trip's schedule/ nice place/ nice food with them. People are very nice there, just open your heart and your mouth to talk to them. Heehe, dont be shy! Gosh, I will miss all of that. How wonderful time I have spent there, truly felt the same way as the guest house name 'Family & Friends House'.

Room Tip: If you travel alone and you are a female, please choose the Female Dormitory Room. Feel safe and mee...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Dear Yuk Lin Lam

Thank you so much for your review!!
I already had your review in booking.com which makes so happy!

Lam
I already miss you and I neve met such a pretty, warm-heart girl like you!
You already become my youngest sister, don't you?
So you can call me "Eun-ni"

you got lots of good friends in our place which is so nice
and i'm sure that it will be able to enrich your life.

You can see your photo in our place when you come next time.
I hope we get together again very soon!

Wish you always happy.
When you have a chance to come to Korea, just visit and don't worry about money!
since I have extra bed in my space.

Love you and miss you so much!!

Suzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Room is very cozy and clean. The location is close to Hongik University station, but also a very quiet neighborhood, really nice to take rest after all day trip. Owner is so friendly and helpful! You will have a really great time there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Lan Pang & zhang qianru

Thank you for your review. I sincerely appreciate it.

Eventhough we don't chat enough, we can feel we are getting closed.
I'm so happy to have you in our home and it makes my life enrich, definately.

I hope you enjoyed your staying with us and hope we can see you sometime very soon!

Always be happy and be healthy!

Khabarovsk, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

it was my home)) i miss so much it right now ::::(((
it was only 4 days, and it was not a first time for me in a Korea, but this time was like a whole new life)) i had a house and some new friends)) so.. i had to remain!!))))))

very cozy and clean
there were free two beds and two additional mattress in my room, but I slept on the floor without anything)) so I really like it)) very comfortable floor..((:
when i booked my bed my hostess sent me a map.. so i found my Guest House without problem.. it's really close to the metro station - good location))

my dear hostess, Lynette)) thank you for a great time))

Room Tip: Be prepared to communicate with new people, and any number in the Guest House will be the best))
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Tatiana

I'm so happy to have you in our home and we become another family, didn't we?
Although I don't speak Russian, we could feel like we were closed.

Also I'm happy that you met great warm vietnam family here which will make your life enrich.

When your two of uncles visited you with some fruits, I think that also made you happy.

I miss you already and definately I will be able to meet you again!

Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The guesthouse is close to the exit 2 and 3 of Hongik Station. According to my own experience, if you want to buy something to eat or go to a bank, exit 2 is better; if you want to go to the airport, exit 3 is better. The owner is super nice and beautiful haha!!! If drying machine for washed clothes can be provided, it will be perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi!!!
Thank you for your review and I appreciate it.

I'm so happy to have you in our guesthouse and become friends in Korea!
Sorry for inconvenient for laundry that we are not ready to have dry machine.

I hope you had a unforgettable memory in Seoul with us!

Wish you always happy & good health.
I'm going to look forward to seeing you someday very soon!

Lynette

Been to Family & Friends House? Share your experiences!