“my little life for a period of four days” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Family & Friends House

You added Family & Friends House to your Saves list
Family & Friends House
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   81-12, World Cup buk-ro 6-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea (Hongdae)   |
Ranked #13 of 380 Specialty Lodging in Seoul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Khabarovsk, Russia
“my little life for a period of four days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

it was my home)) i miss so much it right now ::::(((
it was only 4 days, and it was not a first time for me in a Korea, but this time was like a whole new life)) i had a house and some new friends)) so.. i had to remain!!))))))

very cozy and clean
there were free two beds and two additional mattress in my room, but I slept on the floor without anything)) so I really like it)) very comfortable floor..((:
when i booked my bed my hostess sent me a map.. so i found my Guest House without problem.. it's really close to the metro station - good location))

my dear hostess, Lynette)) thank you for a great time))

Room Tip: Be prepared to communicate with new people, and any number in the Guest House will be the best))
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Tatiana

I'm so happy to have you in our home and we become another family, didn't we?
Although I don't speak Russian, we could feel like we were closed.

Also I'm happy that you met great warm vietnam family here which will make your life enrich.

When your two of uncles visited you with some fruits, I think that also made you happy.

I miss you already and definately I will be able to meet you again!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Guangzhou, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The guesthouse is close to the exit 2 and 3 of Hongik Station. According to my own experience, if you want to buy something to eat or go to a bank, exit 2 is better; if you want to go to the airport, exit 3 is better. The owner is super nice and beautiful haha!!! If drying machine for washed clothes can be provided, it will be perfect.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hi!!!
Thank you for your review and I appreciate it.

I'm so happy to have you in our guesthouse and become friends in Korea!
Sorry for inconvenient for laundry that we are not ready to have dry machine.

I hope you had a unforgettable memory in Seoul with us!

Wish you always happy & good health.
I'm going to look forward to seeing you someday very soon!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I travelled with a female friend in December. This is my fourth time in Seoul but the usual hostel that I went to is full. The room we had is nicely decorated and big. There is one queen size and one single bed within the room for just the two of us. As the temperatures were subzero then, the pipes froze and I didn't have hot water to shower one night but since it was past 1 am by then, I didn't want to bother anyone. We had to share the the toilet with another guest but it was okay since we rarely saw him and he kept the toilet clean. There are sinks, stoves, a fridge, etc. in a small kitchen. The whole unit is like a self contained apartment with two rooms, one shared bathroom and one shared kitchen, so you can cook if you want to. The lady owner is friendly and can speak good English so there is no problem whatsoever with communications. Location is well situated within the Hongdae area. It is quiet where we stay but it is just 10 - 15 minutes walk away from the busy night scene with clubs, restaurants, shops and street market. 8 - 10 minutes walk away from the Hongdae station. You can take a commuter train to the station from Incheon or Gimpo airport for less than 5000 won.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Yoke Fong Pong

Thank you so much for your review on tripadvisor.
I did not know that you were in trouble for hot water because of such a cold weather.
No matter what, I feel very sorry for inconvenient.

I had a good time with you and good memory of you during your staying.
Especially I was so surprised that you have a kids since you look so young.
I hope I can meet you & your family as well very soon in Korea.
Wish you always happy & good health.

Take care & Love
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had a great time staying in what feels like my new South Korean family! The owner Lynette is incredibly kind and thoughtful and can help with activities, food, and great tours of the DMZ (the USO tour is recommended). The neighborhood is really good and close to bars and other activities and the guesthouse is new, sparkling clean, and has everything you need. Enjoy all of the local bars and restaurants too, super fun area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Dear Brett

Thank you so much for your review. I did not expect that you made a review.
I'm so happy to have you in Seoul and you had a great memory with us.
I hope we can see sometime very soon and wish you always happy.

Happy new year!
Makati, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

The location is great -- it's about 8-10 minutes on foot to Hongik station and Hongdae. The neighborhood has a couple of coffee shops (the green tea latte in Jass, which is five minutes away, is amazing!), a few restaurants that offer Korean, Japanese and Italian cuisine, a bakeshop, and convenience stores, so if you ever need anything, like a quick coffee run in the morning or craving for chips at midnight, you'll find the necessities just around the corner, quite literally.

The guesthouse itself is clean, and homey. There were four of us in our group, so we stayed in one unit, which houses two rooms, a bathroom, a kitchen/dining/living area. It was kind of like having our own apartment, which is pretty cool since we can be comfortable and carefree. The bathroom is big, which is a huge factor for me since most guesthouses have tiny bathrooms where the shower area overlaps with the toilet. The bathroom here has a generous enough space. I was a little bit put off by the lack of bathroom mats since the floor can get pretty cold, but the management provided bathroom slippers to use anyway. The kitchen has pretty much everything one needs to cook a full meal -- we weren't able to use it since we ate out all the time but the fridge was useful for our water and leftovers. The bedrooms are also surprisingly spacious. The twin room has bigger beds that I expected, and it also includes a desk and lockers.

The management is one of the sweetest I've ever encountered. Lynette is a sincere, caring lady who checks in on us every now and then. We weren't able to meet her husband, but Lynette pretty much helped us in everything we asked her for.

All in all, this trip was an amazing one and the guesthouse helped with that! I would definitely stay here the next time I visit Seoul. It made the city feel like home. :)

Room Tip: Inform Lynette if you are travelling in a huge group so she can place your group in one unit. It'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
familynfriendshouse, Owner at Family & Friends House, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Luningning Hilario

Thank you for your review, I appreciate it.
I'm so happy to have you in Seoul and hear that you enjoyed our home pretty much.

Especially, we were so enjoyable to have snow together taking a beautiful pictures!!!

As for mats in front of bathroom, we are going to prepare it.
Thanks a lot for your idea!

I miss you so much.

See you soon.
lynette
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I loved the place of family and friend guesthouse! It's situated in a very good area full of coffee shop, barbecue restaurant, bars, clubs, shops... The manager of the place is the most welcoming person who care so much about your well-being during the stay. I met a lot of nice and interesting people when I came there. It is just a place to go and discover, it will make your trip in Corea shine!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi, Justine

Thank you so much for your review.
I & Jennifer are talking about you still now, your couple is so nice and warm people we ever met.
We can not forget to have a such a great barbeque together and to shoot Korean broad cast in the morning.^^

I hope you had a great momory in Korea with us and of course we will see again very soon.

I miss you already.

Lynette

Been to Family & Friends House? Share your experiences!