“BOA Guest House is Daebak!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Boa guesthouse

You added Boa guesthouse to your Saves list
Boa guesthouse
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   510-14 Changcheon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-836, South Korea (Sinchon / Ewha)   |
Ranked #10 of 654 Seoul B&B and Inns
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
“BOA Guest House is Daebak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My friends and I were really enjoying our time while staying at Boa Guest House.. Thanks to my friend for his recommendation. I made a good choice.
It was a very neat and clean, also has a nice smell..and even the staff were always helpful and kind. You can just ask anything that you want to know.
And it also has an elevator, which u don't have to worry about bringing such a heavy luggage.
Free breakfast in the morning, free wi-fi, games, new and updated CD of kpop..which u can request to listen at dining room.. i even got one CN Blue CD for my collection! thanks BOA.. :)
And what's the most important is, Boa is Muslim friendly..they even has a prayer room at the rooftop.. the location is also strategic as if you want to go anywhere by subway or cab.
I would 100% recommend Boa Guest House if you want to come to Seoul.
I hope that I can come here again in my next visit to Seoul.
Thanks again BOA! ^^,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Boaguesthouse, 오너 at Boa guesthouse, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hi, Thank you so much for Daebak review :D We glad that makes your stay satisfy. We do our best more especially for muslim customers! Hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you love the Seoul nightlife (which you should), this guesthouse is the prime location. It's really convenient: the airport express stops directly at Hongik University station and just take a 5 minutes walk from exit 4. It's up a little alley right beside Paris Baguette.The party zone at Hongdae is a mere 10 minutes walk away. In terms of facilities, they have everything you need for a budget yet comfortable stay. Free wifi, toilet fitted with bidet, great kitchen with free flow coffee and breakfast items, computer station, laundry, roof garden with a swing... you name it they got it. And can I just say the rooms are sparkling clean too? The toilet is really cramped for the single room though, and the shower head is fitted at an awkward position. But it isn't that big a deal.

I still remember the awesome team over at Boa, namely Seoha, Pitt, Miri and Boa herself, who would help you out with whatever you need be it recommendations for the hot spots around town or making reservations to a show. It's definitely recommended and if I'm ever back in Seoul, there's a pretty good chance I'd be going for Boa guesthouse again. Thanks for the warm welcome, loved the stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Boaguesthouse, Owner at Boa guesthouse, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi, Thank you so so much for sweet review. We're very happy that make your stay compotable! Hope to see you again. Take care!!
Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at BOA ;D (and thank God I don't have to climb steep hill to go there, some road hills at Korea are scary I'm not even kidding =.='') The owner and staffs are so nice and friendly. They even let us to put our bags (and lock it) at baggage room since we kinda arrived early. The price is kinda cheap compared to other guesthouse, and mind you, we even have bathroom in our room.

At first, we were honestly shocked when we first saw our room. The room is small and I don't think Westerners could fit in haha ;D but since we barely stay in room, it was comfortable enough for us. The bathroom wall is kinda translucent so I've to ask my friend to sit somewhere else when I need to take shower lol ;p (her bed is facing bathroom).

There's a lot of convenience store, bakery and such around BOA. It took about 5-10 minutes walk from Hongdae station, depends on how fast you walk. What I like most about BOA, they even provided kiblat sign in room, and prayer room at rooftop. Utensils for Muslims are also separated from others. You can easily get simple breakfast and water from the canteen.

BOA provided desktops for user convenience at canteen too. The internet connection was superb, and there's free wifi provided. You might use phone to do FREE international call for about five minutes if I'm not mistaken. They have instant ramyeon and can drinks sold near reception. It was my first time seeing ramyeon maker haha.

In room, there's TV with various channels, mini fridge and lots of charging spot. LOTS, but since we did not bring that much adapter, the guesthouse is kind enough to let us borrow their adapter ^^ You can do laundry at the rooftop and I think it would be nice to eat your instant noodle there, while looking at Seoul nightview (I don't know if you're allowed to eat there actually lol). For iron, you can go to reception and ask for it, and if you need your dustbin to be cleared, put it outside your room.

We checked out early as we need to go to Myeongdong, and they even allowed us to put our stuff there first as walking around Seoul with luggage is pretty much hassles (I'm so thankful for this T.T)

The guesthouse is Muslim-friendly and I do not face any difficulties staying there. In fact, I really miss their warm gestures towards us. Will definitely coming back! :) Thanks to the owner, and staffs ^^ (I only recognized Miri/Miki cause we saw her pretty much often keke~)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Boaguesthouse, Owner at Boa guesthouse, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so so so much for warm and nice review :) I'm really touched for all you wrote. We're also happy that make your stay satisfy. Hope we can meet again someday. Take care! Thanks again!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We love this hotel very much! It is a real gem. Real value for money. We came in a huge group of 20. Some of us stayed in the dorm while some stayed in twin room. The dorm is huge enough with double bed and personal power point complete with personal locker and attached bathroom. The room is very comfy with enough space for our luggage. The prepare-yourself breakfast is also convenient. Besides that we are allowed to cook and use the kitchen anytime. There are separate cutlery and utensils for muslim. There is a prayer room for muslim at the rooftop. Guest also can do their laundry for free. All the staff and Boa is very helpful and friendly. if we come back to Seoul, we definitely will stay in BoA.

• Stayed July 2013
Boaguesthouse, 오너 at Boa guesthouse, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you, thank you for your warm review. We do our best more to make your next stay at BoA! haha. Hope to see you again. Take care till we meet again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The directions given to get to the hostel from subway is great. Free breakfast in the morning, good location with easy access to Hongdae and the subway. Located at the heart of the happening district.

Excellent bedding, especially the pillow. I wanted to ask if they would allow me to bring the pillow back home. Great night sleep. Stayed in both the family room and the dorm. Full marks for both.

Excellent service! Great staff who will provide helpful directions to the places and help out with take out requests late in the night as well. Helpful for non-korean speaking travellers to order takeout when the hunger pangs hits.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Guesthouse located in a quiet alley.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Boaguesthouse, Owner at Boa guesthouse, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hi, Thank you very much for your time to leave this warm review. We're very happy make your stay comfortable. Take care till we meet again. See you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The guesthouse is a 5 minute walk from the subway station (Hongik Stn, Exit 4) and since it is within Hongdae, the shopping, nightlife and cute little cafes are really close by. Also, there are a couple of bakeries and convenience stores on the same street as the guesthouse so it is really easy and convenient to grab snacks and breakfast on the way out.
Stayed in a 2 person room and the room was very clean, comfortable and has all the basic necessities, including, air conditioning/heater/toiletries/hair dryer/tv. It is a good place to stay at while in Seoul, plus it is very inexpensive. There is free Wi-fi within the building and they also have various facilities like computers, printers and fully equipped kitchen for guests to use for free.
The staff are extremely helpful, accommodating and friendly. They were so willing to help us with so many things like directions, searching for places, calling fast food delivery, weighing our luggage. Basically, any issue you have just talk to the friendly staff and they will definitely go out of their way to help. In fact, their service made the stay very pleasant.
Overall, this is a wonderful place to stay at while in Seoul as it is cheap, convenient and clean. if I ever go back to Seoul, I will definitely return to BoA Guesthouse!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Boaguesthouse, Owner at Boa guesthouse, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello! Thank you very much for sweet review. We're very happy that make your stay pleasant. We'll do our best until we meet again! Take care :)
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Great location, very clean, great staff who gave me wonderful tips. =D
It's easy to get there and the map on the website is perfect.
Really recommend this guesthouse to everyone!
The staff was so helpful and gave me great recomendations of where to go and where to eat. They were so friendly and loved walking up to the guesthouse seeing my name on the board welcoming me. Such a lovely and thoughtful idea.
You won't regret staying here. Defintely will come back here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Boaguesthouse, Owner at Boa guesthouse, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Hi, Thank you very much for fantastic review :) We're so glad to meet you and can help you. We do our best until we meet again! Hope to see you again!!

Been to Boa guesthouse? Share your experiences!