“good location and friendly stuff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of ICOS Guesthouse

You added ICOS Guesthouse to your Saves list
ICOS Guesthouse
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   15, Gosan 3-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul 121-806, South Korea   |
Ranked #94 of 583 Seoul B&B and Inns
4.5 of 5 stars 17 Reviews
Seoul, South Korea
“good location and friendly stuff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

First of all,it just near by the subway station about walking 5 mins.Then the stuff here are very passion and friendly.I really surprised by the first experience stay in korea guesthouse.It was very good!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

It's a clean and lovely place! Liked their manager and staff, very kind and helpful :) 2 minutes walk from subway station, convenient to get to anywhere downtown. Enjoyed my stay there, will definitely choose iCos next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Before I booked for ICOS Guesthouse, I researched and read so much good reviews about it, so I was really looking forward to stay in this traditional guesthouse and experience the way of life of the Korean.

The manager of the guesthouse is a really sweet person. On my arrival, I got lost after coming out from the train station, so after 30 minutes of trying to locate the guesthouse, I finally gave up and called the number. She immediately offered to come to the train station to pick me up and show me the way. She even recommended me a restaurant, knowing that I had not have my dinner.

I had a single bedroom with the traditional futon mattress. The weather was madly cold (sub-zero degree), but the heated floor made it all nice and toasty in the room. However, it is one thing to have heated floor, but another to try sleeping on one. The thin futon mattress diffused the heat so poorly, you have to have keep turning and tossing or risk getting toasted! I could hardly sleep.

The walls and door were so thin, I could hear everything that was going on around me. And there was this constant beeping from the security system, it irritated the hell out of me when I was already having a hard time trying to get to sleep on the extremely hot mattress..

The toilet and bath come together, and it is really spacious, a little too spacious for good because the heater will take forever to warm up the space and the water from the tap also took a while to heat up. Everytime I need to take a leak, I cringed. And with the weather so chilling, I had to visit the bathroom so much more often, I literally had to run, every time. That night, I didn't shower because it was just too cold for me to handle.

Without shower or much sleep and little to drink (because I didn't want to visit the toilet so often), I felt miserable. And having spent two nights in a very well-equipped apartment near Sinsa Station (which cost only USD $30 more than ICOS per night) before my arrival at ICOS just made it so much harder for me to continue my stay. I booked for 3 nights, but I fled the next morning and went back to that apartment in SInsa.

I couldn't deal with the cold bathroom and hot mattress; it's just too much of a culture shock for me, I guess.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Both guest houses are great, but the one we booked through agoda only shows the traditional one close by sinchon. It only has one address, one location. We arrived there only found out , told by the host we were booked for the other branch close by western style the lovely traditional one we thought we booked for was full. Anyway she walked us over to the guesthouse,.
The western style guest house is bigger and more toilets, showers comparing to the traditional one, but obviously lacked the traditional hanok flavour.

On the day of our departure, we left our luggages and checked out in from the guesthouse, but when we returned, the receptionist was not there also the host was uncountactable. We finally managed to get hold of the host, just enough time to catch our flight...barely made it. Though the receptionist was so nice , helpful , rushed back , carried our luggages met us half way on the road, we would still suggest , to avoid unnecessary rush, accidents like this, the host should always leave some one at the reception, or at least give the guests of two contact numbers if the main door is locked or receptionist is unavailable , the guests can still be able to reach one of the two hosts .

The place however is clean, and room is nice and warm. The host asked us whether we needed electronic mattress.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
medan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay @ Icos. The room and shared bathroom are very clean. The location is near the subway station. The staff and its manager are helpfull and friendly. Will stay again in Icos in my next trip to Seoul d^^b

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed for almost a week here with my 2 other female friends in the dorm room.

This hostel is excellent. Shampoo/shower foam/toothpaste all provided and of good quality. Rooms and bathrooms were clean.

There is no curfew and everyone comes and go using the auto-door lock. Very close to subway exits. Then again, taking a cab in Seoul is rather cheap and this hostel being centrally located, my friends and i ended up taking cab most of the time.

There is a coin-operated laundromat just around the corner that came in useful during my trip.

The host also pointed out good eating places near the hostel. Especially liked the BBQ restaurant that was also frequented by locals.

Bottomline: clean, convenient and safe

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I stay here for 8 night on spring season. This is really like a home for me. The host really helpfull and very friendly. The guest house really clean. They Clean guest room and toilet every morning. Matress, pillow and blanket clean. The enviroment really calm. Love to feel like Korean Hanok Stay. Really nearby to subway. Will suggest to my female friend. Good job Icos. :)

Room Tip: suitable for female traveler who don;t want to share toilet with the male. Environment save to fem...