“right in myeongdong” 3 of 5 stars
Review of K-Pop Residence Myeongdong II

You added K-Pop Residence Myeongdong II to your Saves list
K-Pop Residence Myeongdong II
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   35-20, Myeongdong 10-gil, Jung-gu | Acasia B.D. 4~5F, Seoul 100-809, South Korea   |
Ranked #96 of 397 Hotels in Seoul
3.5 of 5 stars 45 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“right in myeongdong”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We booked two triple-room in total. Turned out, one is a Double Bed with a pull-out in a tiny room and the other: two Twin Bed c/w a pull out which is in a pleasantly larger room (of course a pricier room)

The cleanliness in our larger corner room is acceptable, you have to book for housekeeping before 11am in the morning.

Bed is real firm which seems to be specially reupholstered with a hard surface but it is not a bad thing, I had good sleep every night woken up only by the 1st ray of sunlight early in the morning. The entire has no curtain except for an opapue blind which only brighten up the room. Wish the hotel will consider adding on a night curtain then I will consider staying here again.

The young man (part timer if I do not remember wrongly) manning the counter was friendly and helpful (& can even recognize us and show us the way in the mass crowd of myeongdong) but not the ladies while we were there in June 2013.

downside: unsightly garbage bags can be seen everywhere outside the 'Hotel' building

Room Tip: Note: there is only one large corner room on each of the 4th and 5th floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
K-Popmyeongdong2, 매니저 at K-Pop Residence Myeongdong II, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello. Thank you for your kind review.
As you said, we will definately consider having night curtains. We'd like to appologize if you didn't have good night sleep though.

Also, the garbage bags are from restaurants near the hotel. They are all collocted every morning.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

When I came to Korea for a week's vacation I stayed with K-pop and I had a great experience. It was certainly great value for money. The hotel's location is in Myungdong, right in the heart of Seoul, and I felt close to all the action. The facilities were modern and clean, and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again next time I come to Korea and would heartily recommend to anyone else planning on staying in Korea!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
K-Popmyeongdong2, 매니저 at K-Pop Residence Myeongdong II, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hi. Thank you for your generous comment.
It was really nice meeting you at K-POP and all our staffs miss you.
When you visit here again please contact us. Take care!
Kaohsiung, Kao-hsiung, Taiwan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

女生自己住也很安全,晚上十點後有樓層管理,非住戶無法進入。地點很便利,離機場坐6015號公車約一個多小時就到明洞車站。到達後,如果有看地圖走路約5分鐘就到K-Pop Residence, 還有電梯可坐到四樓。下樓就可shopping和吃東西,很方便。唯一的缺點房間無遮陽窗簾,很早就被光線吵醒,建議可戴眼罩睡覺會比較好睡。下次還會再訂這間!Very suitable and save for a solo female to stay and shopping. Only one hour by 6015 bus from the international airport to Myeongdong Station. Than takes around 5 mins walk to the K-Pop Residence if followed the map correctly. The only thing disturbing was the sunlight which woke me up every early morning due to non UV protection curtain in the room, better suggestion to bring your own eye musk along if you wanna sleep in. I will book it next time if I go Myeongdong shopping again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hana-Yu-suni, 매니저 at K-Pop Residence Myeongdong II, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello. Jeniffer. Thank you for your kind review.
We hope that you enjoyed your time at K POP. As you mentioned, out hotel is suitable for travellers who want to visit Seoul for shopping or spending most of the time outside(And rest at night at the hotel with affordable price.) We will keep your advices in mind and try to give the customers better services. Thanks again!
Seoul, South Korea
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Even though the hotel located in Myeongdong which is very convenient, I would not stay there again for my next trip.
Public Pantry, share refrigerator and water dispenser.
Washroom is small and smelly, please bring your own personal care & tower. The room is tiny too but enough for me. The 'desk' is small not even enough for me to put a lap top and a bit difficult for me to work on this kind of 'desk' by sitting on the bed. However, the only problem for me is the room is dirty. The bed sheet is not clean...many many bugs inside the room which I can't tolerate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Hana-Yu-suni, 매니저 at K-Pop Residence Myeongdong II, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for staying here with us. And we also apologize for the problems you had.
We will definately try to fix those problems you have mentioned. Thank you!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

It was a good place to stay in. Since its surrounded by street shops and some shopping center it is a great place to stay if you are focusing on shopping in Korea.it is also easy to access to seoul tower to view nice scenery that is unforgettable. I would want to stay there again if I have another chance to visit korea.

• Stayed June 2013
Thanks for staying with us. If you have another chance to come here, please visit us!
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

KPOP-II is a better planned residence than its causine KPOP-I. The rooms are more spacious than other KPOP residences. The main receptionist who takes the entire responsibility is a sweet and smart girl "Hana". She is good at English and very cordial. She brings out the solutions to your stay related all-problems. I stayed more than 3-4 months in the whole year 2012-13(I almost travel in every alternative month for 2-3 weeks) ..everytime, I was delighted to stay in Kpop-II. Centrally located in Myeongdong..3-4 minutes walk to Myeongdong station as well as Elgiro-I station;you can easily get a subway/shuttle bus to airports as well; a lot of restaurants such as: Indian, Korean, Tiwatian, japanese etc nearby... Everything is handy. Rooms are clean. Cupboards, hangers, room freshners..breakfast,,everything is neat and well maintained. It has a washing machine of good condition along with a Micro-oven and fridge..in the common area..Air Conditioning machines are also good..along with TV set. Whenever I will visit Seoul..I will definitely choose stay in KPOP-II. This is the best you can get at a price that you will never get similar accommodations in this area(real value for money). I recommend you all to stay and experience. I used a single room..so everything was really good.

Though my overall rating could be 4..the girl in reception stands much taller..and worth of 5/5.

Good experience indeed.

Girish(India)

Room Tip: rooms in the same floor as the reception desk is handy. you can sort out your stay related issues ve...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind reply. Hope you had a great time in Korea.
We would love to see you again at K POP. Cheers!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel is located at the heart of Myeong Dong.
Took the airport bus and was dropped off at Myeong Dong Ibis hotel, walked 6 mins to the hotel.
The hotel is not accessible by taxi as it is behind an alley and cars cannot enter the lane. Location is great, with a good variety of restaurants to choose from.
Room is small but clean. Be prepared to bring your own amenities. The hotel only provides 2 very small towels (slightly bigger than a hand towel) and a small bar of soap. You can however request a hair dryer from the front desk.
Toilet: The shower head and sink are sharing the same pipe. So if someone is taking a shower, the other person cannot use the sink. The toilet will always be wet because of this. No separation of shower area and sink.
Pillows are small and flat and bed is hard.
TV: Great selection of channels. Wifi is fantastic, I can load all my pics easily.
The hotel has a washing machine, microwave n fridge at the common area.
Overall, good location, clean room and for the price that I pay, it's value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to K-Pop Residence Myeongdong II? Share your experiences!