“Great hotel but a bit isolated!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Seoul

Save Saved
You added Conrad Seoul to your Saves list
Conrad Seoul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23-1 Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul 150-945, South Korea   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #5 of 390 hotels in Seoul
New York City, New York
“Great hotel but a bit isolated!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I have to say this is probably one of the fanciest hotels that I have ever stayed in. However, it's literally on an island in the middle of the river that cuts through Seoul and the island is basically all business buildings. (If you're a New Yorker, it's the equivalent of staying in the financial district, but all condensed on one island). If you're in Seoul for business, this is probably a great place for you. If you like quiet, this is a great place for you. If you want to be around restaurants and nightlife, then steer clear.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We highly appreciate your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay.

We look forward to greeting you back in the near future. Thank you.

430 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Each and every one of the staff at the Conrad Seoul go the extra mile to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The lounge on the 37th floor is an exceptional facility and the leisure facilities within the hotel are as good as they get.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed a pleasant time with our up-to-date facilities.

Once again, I truly appreciate your precious feedback and we look forward to greeting you back in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The hotel is convenient (attached to a mall which is attached to the train station) for where it's located but I found that I spent most of my time outside the conference north of the river so I would look at your meeting locations and itinerary first as traffic is quite bad and traveling from this hotel to most places can be a challenge. The view from my room was spectacular. The room has all the latest technology (fade out glass, TV on the bathroom mirror, black out blinds), comfortable bedding and very nice amenities. The service was usually very good. When an employee saw me across the street at a pharmacy wearing my conference badge and noticed I didn't have an umbrella in the rain, she waited for me to walk me back with an umbrella. The hotel suffers a bit from its size though. The elevators forever. The line for breakfast even on weekdays is amazingly long (even though there are loads of empty tables and it's buffet, they have a server seat you so it's slow.) One morning I timed it - from the time I pushed the button on my elevator until I had a cup of coffee at breakfast was 34 minutes!! (That's about as long as I normally would allow for breakfast!) The breakfast is quite good overall although I would suggest some small improvements like salt and pepper shakers you can take back to your table for soft boiled eggs, etc. The food is varied and delicious though. They are sticklers about the fees so the value isn't great. One time I ran up to the business lounge to print something (in the middle of the day when there is only minimal drinks and some very small snacks - crackers and such) and they made my colleague wait outside because he didn't have access even though I was practically in front of the reception and swore he wouldn't touch the food or drink for the few minutes I was there. He did wait outside which was embarrassing and then I saw they charged my nearly $30 for a "guest" in the lounge anyway!! (Just because I asked!) These things were odd when contrasted to the ways in which they were so far above average which is why I call them quirks - they seem new so maybe they are still working out the details.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. As well, we highly appreciate your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay. I will work with my team to will reflect your feedback in enhancing better quality of service upon your next arrival.

Please do grand us the opportunity to welcome you at Conrad Seoul in the near future. Thank you.

Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Conrad Seoul... You've ruined me! I do not know how I will be able to stay at any other hotel..

For a brief 3 night trip to Seoul, I found myself privileged to stay at the newish Conrad Seoul, which was embarking on its 1 year anniversary. Besides being on the new side, all attention to detail for the modern traveler has been taken into consideration.

Location: Across the river from downtown Seoul, but not too difficult to access the tourist attractions via the Subway in the attached mall. As others have mentioned, it is nice to have access to transit without exposure to outdoor elements. We took the Arex from Incheon and made a single transfer that then dropped us at Yeouido. The hotel is a couple stops from Mapo - great for some KBBQ options as well as 2 stops from the Noryangjin Fish Market. We found the location ideal as it offered amazing views onto Seoul from a distance.

Staff: All very gracious, respectful and willing to help. This is all done in a non-overbearing way, which can get annoying in other properties. I like to be taken care of, but not fussed about. Predictive and proactive group working at the property!

Facilities: Only accessed the fitness center, but did tour the sauna and pool areas. The fitness center is one of the nicest I have ever seen in a hotel - or even amongst private gyms! When I grow up and get an in-home gym, it will be modeled after the Conrad Seoul's fitness center. Wide range of machines, abundant equipment, never crowded, perfect temperature, clean smelling and spotless!

Rooms: um, wow! Had a room on a high floor facing the river and Seoul in the distance (with Exec Lounge access). The spaciousness, style, and comfort are unparalleled! Loved the built in wall unit with all the storage and nooks so all things could stay out of the way. Sufficient closet, perfect climate control system, spacious and well-lit bathroom. If I had to point out quirks, it'd be slightly dim lighting in the room (even with all lights on); one sliding door that closes the bath/opens the closet - be sure to shout out a heads up should someone be getting clothes out while you try to exit the bath; shower door is so flush to ground that it bundles the bath mat when trying to exit making for water on the floor - I always feel bad for making a mess... Beds and pillows are super comfy and towels upon towels available in the room. The magic glass function is perfect for those that need additional privacy. Great wifi! Wifi is free with HH Gold/Diamond status. If you don't have status, then wifi is free in the lounge if you have a room with access.

Lounge: One of the most spacious I've seen maybe with the exception of the Hotel Arts in Barcelona. Breakfast was available in the lounge or you could take your meal in Zest. We had 2 breakfasts in Zest and one in the lounge. Nightly cocktail service in the lounge was top notch. Table service for keeping the bubbly full as well as varied hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. Staff like the rest of the hotel was very graceful.

You really can't go wrong with this hotel.. It was the perfect start to a whirlwind trip through Asia and set the bar very high for subsequent accommodations.. I look forward to staying at the Conrad Seoul again in the future!!

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with Exec lounge access.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation and your precious time in leaving us a feedback of your stay. Also, we're glad to hear you've had enjoyable experiences with us, as it is utmost priority to provide beyond expectation service. Generous feedback like yours is core element in striving for even enhanced service to our customers.

Please take the chance to visit us again in the near future. Thank you.

FVG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

what a great stay, everything is perfect! Staff is great and one of the girl at the concierge desk is a gem. She knows a lot and she printed out the most detailled info, helpful and nice.
my room was so clean and welcoming that sometime I was tempted to coccon there for ever.
Breakfast is a temptation of diferrent worlds and everything is tasty and yummy. You also have a coffe machine in the room if you need extra caffeine for the long discoveries days The hotel has a shuttle bus to and from the airport which cost 15.000KW, very convenient. It is also very well connected via subway, and don't be scared it's very simple to use and you can find everything also in english character. So cheap and neat
a fantastic experience

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your sincere feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. It is our pleasure to hear you've enjoyed your stay with us and brought back great experience memories.

We look forward to greeting you and your family back at Conrad Seoul in the near future. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed for few days over two consecutive weeks for work. I live abroad but am from Seoul and have stayed at Westin Chosun, Grand Hyatt, Park Hyatt, Intercontinental, Shilla (pre-renovation) and JWMarriott, and I would rate the Conrad as currently the best of them all. Service/hospitality were consistenly top notch and staff were attentive, friendly and efficient (concierge patiently suffered through my request for restaurant recommendations even outside the Seoul metropolitan area). The property and rooms are impeccably clean and spacious, beds were comfortable almost to perfection and interior and lighting set an ambience that is comforting/welcoming to a very stressed mind (on hectic work travel). Rooms with river view offer a panoramic view of the Han river, Namsan and the Namsan Tower. I tried massage at the spa and quality was on par with those offered at the top resorts in Thailand (known for its massages). 37th floor bar also has a laid back yet sophisticated ambience in the evening with great night view of the city. The only downside is location which is about 15 min car ride from the city center (City Hall, Myung-Dong etc), although is closer to the airports. Also, food could be improved (all good ingredients but taste was average for a 5 star hotel (breakfast at the Executive Lounge and Italian)) but the hotel is directly linked (underground) to a mall (IFC mall) with vast, great array of food options. I would definitely make the Conrad my go-to hotel for business travel to Seoul.

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for your sincere feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We are glad to find you've enjoyed our facilities and service, which is our utmost priority for our guests. Also, I'm glad to hear you've had the opportunity to appreciate many of our facilities, including the Conrad Spa and 37Bar. We will reflect your precious feedback to enhance and serve even better service upon your next arrival.

Please provide the opportunity to welcome you back to Conrad Seoul in the near future. Thank you.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We spent the weekend in Seoul and chose the Conrad due to my HHonors Diamond status and a general feeling that the perhaps more conveniently located Millennium Hilton is a bit hit and miss. We were not disappointed with the choice.

This is a really fabulous hotel with impeccable service. The rooms are very luxuriously appointed and a joy to spend time in. I think this hotel has probably my favourite executive lounge with a great range of food and drinks in a brilliant space. Another highlight...breakfast in Zest...just awesome!

Location wise, perhaps it's not the best for general tourism. But that being said, there is a shopping mall directly underneath with a great range of shops / eating options. The subway station is probably about 10 mins walk from the hotel lobby via the mall and a series of underground walkways. Most tourist destinations will involve at least one change from the lines accessible from the station. On the positive side the hotel is super easy to get to from ICN airport...it is essentially the first stop for limousine bus 6030 which takes approx 1 hour / USD15.

Staff at this hotel are so courteous and professional - without fail.

All in all, I will choose this hotel without question next time I'm in Seoul

Room Tip: Stretch to an executive room...the lounge and daily cocktail hour are fabulous!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Foremost, I would like to express my appreciation for your generous feedback of your stay at Conrad Seoul. We are glad to hear you've enjoyed your stay at our highly-appointed rooms and Executive Lounge with variety of food and drink options.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you better upon your next arrival in the near future. Thank you.

Nils-Arne Schroeder

Been to Conrad Seoul? Share your experiences!