“Is it Conrad?? What a terrible stay..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Seoul

You added Conrad Seoul to your Saves list
Conrad Seoul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23-1 Yeouido-dong, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul 150-945, South Korea   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #3 of 397 Hotels in Seoul
4.5 of 5 stars 572 Reviews
Cresskill, United States
“Is it Conrad?? What a terrible stay..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed two time in a corner suite in a short period of time. The room at 16th floor smells disgusting. When I called the front desk, I was told that they would send someone to check it. I have been waiting for 20 minutes and then someone came with ladder. I dont know why. He might want to check sealing to serahc dead body of mouth?? I did not want to stay in the room any longer... I used advanced reservation and I had to come back since it involves cancelation fee. When I came back after 3 days trip to Bangkok, they offered me the same room (I realized later when I entered the room and smelled the disgusting smells again). Are they checking on me if I smells again??? This hotel is way below professional to standard and I never stay in this hotel again.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your providing your valuable comments. Firstly please allow me to express our sincere apologies for not being able to meet your expectations during your 2 stays with us. I am very disappointed to learn your expedience and would like to assure you that together with my leadership team we have got the bottom of this situation. We have also taken the liberty to follow up with an email to you directly to discuss this further.

Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and do hope that you will provide us with an opportunity to welcome you back to regain your confidence in our hotel.

Thank you.

Best Regards

Nils-Arne Schroeder

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dhaka, Bangladesh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

As it was 2nd times travel to Seoul by me. The previous one was quite different than this time visit. we heard Conrad Seoul hotel inaugurated just before 2 months ago . But the officials/ staffs attitude / behavior/ cooperation were very excellent & well matured professionalism . They were very eager/ sincere to cooperate, provide all facilities to the boarders which impressed us very tremendously . The memories of staying at Conrad hotel will remain long time.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We also highly appreciate your precious time in sharing your experience with us. We are glad you have enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Conrad Seoul in the near future.

dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Modern luxury with contemporary service and amenities abound. Convenient to local shopping center and restaurant scene. Hotel's own restaurant is excellent, buffet style but far above the typical buffet quality. Sleeping rooms are so comfortable, for work too, with a large desk area and plenty of space to spread out.

Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Conrad Seoul. We are glad to hear you have enjoyed your stay. We look forward to greeting you back in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a brand new hotel and it shows. The accommodation is superb. My room was spacious and beautifully designed with a host of delightful little touches - it even had a lighting control system that I could understand! The bathroom was one of the best I've had in a hotel with a walk-in wet room shower and a large bathtub with a spectacular view. The common areas were also first rate. The executive lounge on the 37th floor is spacious and comfortable with great views, as is the bar.

I'm a fan of Conrads in Asia, but I think this has got to be the best so far. The only criticism I can find is that there was a heavy storm one night during my stay and the water cascading down the side of the building sounded as if there were a major leak in my bathroom - not the case, but very unnerving nonetheless.

The hotel is situated in Yeouido on the south side of the river in the financial area near the National Assembly building. This means two things. First, you have to take a taxi or the metro to get to most places in the city, particularly on the north bank. But this is no hardship, because the taxis are comfortable, cheap and plentiful and provide a really first rate service; and the hotel staff always make sure you have written instructions to tell the taxi driver how to get you to your destination and back to the hotel again (I didn't use the metro...). The second thing is that there is still a lot of construction work going on around the hotel. Generally it didn't interfere much, but I found I could sometimes hear the construction work and the manoeuvrings of heavy machinery during the day.

If you need the shops, the hotel is located above the IFC mall which is an extensive shopping mall of mid- to upper-range shops, but I suspect the committed retail therapist will need to visit some of the other high end malls as well as the more informal shopping districts around the city.

The staff in the hotel were wonderful - truly excellent service with the warm and friendly style that is characteristic of the country.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We appreciate your precious time on a sincere feedback. We hope to greet you back in Conrad Seoul soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Having just completed a business stay at Conrad Seoul, I could not overstate how impressed I have been by the accommodation, facilities and - most importantly - the service.
Every staff member I have encountered has excellent proficiency in English and could not do enough to fulfill any request. As it was my partner's birthday during our stay the staff were kind enough to arrange a private dining room with a customized degustation featuring some of our favourite dishes and superbly matched wines (courtesy of Chef de Cuisine Jorge Lavos da Costa).
Other, simple things have also shown the service to be above and beyond. After one visit to the Club Lounge our names, room number and favourite drinks were memorized. A bottle of champagne sent to the room after it was mentioned in passing there was a pending birthday. Being met half way down the street by a doorman offering an umbrella after it started to drizzle. I cannot recall this elsewhere outside of the Fullerton Hotel in Singapore.
The hotel is perfectly positioned, with Yeouido subway station accessible through the equally well appointed IFC mall through the hotel's basement level.
I sincerely look forward to my next business trip to Seoul, and an excuse to return to the Conrad Seoul. Suite 1905 recommended.

• Stayed June 2013
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your precious time for a feedback of Conrad Seoul. We truly appreciate your stay with us. We are also glad that you've found your stay enjoyable with a special day to celebrate.

We look forward to greeting your soon in the near future.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed at Hilton Hotels on five continents. Up to now, the Tokyo Hilton had been my favorite. That is, until my stay at the Conrad Seoul. To find much wrong with this hotel you would have to be a nitpicker.

The service is second to no Hilton I have stayed at. I had staff personally handing me messages from clients on both the executive floor and the main bar on the ground floor. Granted, the hotel is less than a year old, which gives it an advantage, but the design quality/resources are beautiful and a measure in balance. As for the restaurant food - exemplary. Choices from throughout the region, and all of it delicious.

This is not an inexpensive hotel, certainly, but nor is it out of reach for many travelers.

I would say finally, and once again, that the service leaves nothing to be desired. A personal note to Akshat Sinha - very well done. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I would suggest facing the river instead of the mountains, but it doesn't really matter. The vi...
Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, General Manager at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Conrad Seoul as your accommodation. We truly appreciate your precious time in sharing your experience at Conrad Seoul. We are glad to hear you've enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I travel for business and do not typically stay at Hilton hotels. I recently stayed at the Conrad in Manhattan and was very impressed, so I figured I would would give the new Seoul version a try. Here are my thoughts so far...

Positives:
Property: The hotel is beautiful. The decor and layout of the hotel are modern, classy, and scream luxury. The location is very central and is perfect if you are traveling for business.
Rooms: Clean, spacious with a great view of Seoul. The bed is amazing, the bathroom has a indulgent shower and a separate tub, and the entertainment system is modern and cool.
Service: The staff has been exceptionally friendly, helpful and happy and their English is great.

Opportunities:
- Room service food has been mostly a miss so far (Eggs Benedict and Bolognese). Have not tried the restaurants yet...
-The television channel line up is limited, there is no CNBC (I am a business traveler) and was annoyed to not have access to the French Open (Nadal/Djokovic) or the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- The spa hostess talked me out of the treatment I wanted and into something she recommended. I basically ended up paying $150 for a 20 minute bubble bath with someone else's bathing suit on. Massage was great.
- For smokers (I know I should quit). If you are having a drink in the lobby bar or there are no smoking rooms, they ask you to walk across the street 150 yards from the hotel entrance to a "smokers pen". No idea what you would do in the rain.
- Paying $20 per day for Wi-Fi is one of those things that always irks me.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Conrad_Seoul_Hotel, 제너럴 매니저 at Conrad Seoul, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, I truly apologize for any inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay. We will reflect all your feedback in order to enhance our service. We appreciate your precious time in writing a feedback for Conrad Seoul.
Once again thank you and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Nils-Arne Schroeder

Been to Conrad Seoul? Share your experiences!