“Nice stay in WS hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WS Hotel

You added WS Hotel to your Saves list
WS Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   15-6, Sinchon-ro 18-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul 121-100, South Korea   |
Ranked #132 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
“Nice stay in WS hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The room is clean, tidy and comfortable. The staffs are very nice and helpful. The hotel is near to the metro station and there is bus transporting between hotel n airport. Overall is satisfactory and I would like to stay here next time.

• Stayed January 2013
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

I'm so glad to hear that you satisfied our service.

I hope to see you again.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Having stayed previously in Sinchon as a student, it is no doubt that I will want to stay in the area again, especially the price was rather attractive. While the little road to the hotel from the subway is a little rough (just make sure your luggage wheels are sturdy), it is a pleasant property. As a frequent traveler, I was pleasantly surprised with the assistance/service I received. From popping out to assist me with my luggage when I arrived (I was not even loud when I opened the door); to going out to meet my request for a room to change before heading out (I arrived real early and all the rooms had just check out, not able to check-in but the gentleman upon hearing my request offered one of the just check-out room to change. This is absolutely better than a plain 'NO' that some place do offer. Upon my return in the evening, my luggage were already in my room. At check-out as well, all I did was open my door (maybe a little loudly this time having to bring my luggage through the door), the same gentleman whom checked me in came through the stairs to assist me.

I had the single room and it's of a decent size. I was staying quite comfortably. Perhaps if there were more wall sockets it would have been great with all the changers for phones and camera that I had (they probably had multi-plugs but I was lazy to ask). Since it's winter, the bathroom gets rather cold even with the windows closed. But the water are decently warm for wash ups and showers. Do remember to remove your toilet roll before shower though. I forgot mine the first night and they remain pretty un-usable after that.

Amenities provided are: Mini fridge, kettle, coffee/tea sachets, tissue box, shampoo, bath gel, conditioner, towels and slippers. TV's large too.

Nearest subway station is less than 3 minutes walk. It is the Sinchon station on Line 2 which pretty much brings you to all over Seoul and getting to airport is very convenient via the airport limousines whose stop (both to and fro) are approximately within 5 minutes (depends how much luggage you have).

Would definitely return to WS Sinchon when I return to Seoul^^

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Hi, thank you so much for detail review.
We always try to help our guests to feel comfortable and have wonderful moments in Seoul.
If you come to Seoul again. I promise to provide the best service to you.
Please visit us again when you come to Seoul again.
Have great days.
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked this hotel after i read WS hotel reviews and I didn’t get lost on the way to the hotel, because WS hotel e-mail me many ways to hotel (it was a very clear map, so I took mrt from the incheon airport to shinchon as described). near the hotel, there's a plenty of restaurant, and minimarket there's also lotte market 999, lotteria (sort of mac donald) etc. if you want to go eedae or hongdae, it's nearby hotel. about the hotel itself, i'm very satisfied with the hotel. the room was quite small, but that's okay for me, as long as the room is clean. staff were very friendly and speak english very fluent (rare at korea). They will help you to show the way if you didn’t know which way to go. the only thing i cannot bear was the weather. it was very cold. every day was minus 5-10 degrees. and i got sick on saturday and sunday (just found out that pharmacy nearby didn't open at saturday and sunday), luckily the owner of ws hotel was very kind to give me a medicine. and i forgot to take a photo with them for memories :). if i went to korea, definitely i will stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hi, thank you so much for your wonderful review.
I'm so glad to hear that you have got wonderful times in Seoul :)
I also forgot to take a picture with you T-T
Please visit us again when you come to Seoul again.
Let's take a photo together next time : )
Have great days and Happy New Year~
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was the first trip trip to South Korea and Seoul for my wife and I. We booked the room at the WS Hotel. We found many things that we want to describe about during our stay in Seoul (mostly compliments):

1) The English speaking staff at the hotel were very knowledgeable, very helpful, and very friendly. They were attentive, and they offered good service.

2) The room was small, but I guess with the fact that Seoul is a bit of an expensive market, I will not fault them for this.

3) Since it was just my wife and myself, both of us being seasoned travelers throughout the developed world, and developing world, the hotel was okay. If we had children, I would have chosen something else, as well, again perhaps the rooms are small for a family.

4) The hotel staff, when I contacted them nearly three months ago when I made the reservation, were very helpful in offering directions to and from Incheon Airport. The directions were helpful, but we did have initial problems trying to locate. In Seoul, it took one of the staff meeting us at Sinchon Station to show us where they are located...note to self...get as much information on location as possible in Seoul. Addresses are very misleading, and perhaps useless for daily use.

5) The recommendations for the restaurants in the area were very good.

6) The staff is also very knowledgeable about the tourist sites in Seoul, and are ready to provide advice as to what to see, and point things on a map, and how to get there.

I would recommend this place to any small group, or any traveler, ready to deal with a small hotel room. I wish this place well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you so much for your detail review about our hotel.

Yes, We have very small room so we are always very sorry for that to our guests.

Perharps, that is why, We are trying to be good to our guests.

We like to help and give infomation to our guests to feel comfortable and have wonderful

moments in Seoul.

I hope to see you again.

Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We found this place on the web, rooms were very small but it's that sort of place, small streets etc, quite a laugh ducking to get in the door.

Clean though, and very friendly staff who could all communicate in English, something rare in Korea from my experience.

Also the rooms all had a large TV and English movie channels and good heating in winter, plus free fast wifi.

The area is good too, loads going on, numerous places to eat, street food etc etc. and very close the to subway.

Unless you need a lot of space, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the basement rooms, on the right side, be aware there is a knocking noise when upstairs...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review.

We are very sorry for noise in basement floor.

You could tell us about that, then we could do something for you.

Anyway. Thank you for your praise about our hotel and staffs.

It is our pleasure to help and give tour information to our guests.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed at WS Sinchon for 5 nights this December and were very pleasantly surprised by the good service we received. The staff emailed us maps and directions to the hotel from the subway/Incheon airport way before we were due to arrive which made it really easy for us to find the hotel, given that we arrived late at night. The hotel itself is very near to Sinchon station's exit 8 yet far enough from the main road to ensure a quiet night's sleep.

Sinchon itself is a really nice area to walk around in, located in the middle of the Hongdae and E-dae areas, and it's very convenient as a starting point for travelling around the main tourist spots of Seoul by subway. If you're arriving from Incheon airport you can take the airport limousine bus to the stop outside Hyundai Department Store [roughly an hour's ride and only 10 000 won per person], which is just across the road from the hotel.

The staff all spoke good English and were really helpful and friendly, lending us an adapter for the duration of our stay because we hadn't anticipated the kind of electrical plugs Korea has. We had two suitcases and the staff helped us carry them to our room [note for those coming with a lot of luggage or really big suitcases - the hotel has no lifts so you might have to lug them up the stairs and they will take up quite a lot of space in the room]. The rooms were quite small but not cramped, and more than sufficient given that we were out and about the whole day and only came back to sleep. The staff cleaned the rooms and gave us fresh towels every day and the rooms had a hairdryer, free bottles of water, shampoo and soap, coffee and tea and a wall-mounted LED TV with cable. The bed was very comfortable with a warm blanket, but the only reason I gave the hotel 4 stars out of 5 was that the rooms were a bit cold with no real heater. We made the best of it by turning up the air conditioner to 30deg C but it was still cold, especially if you sleep close to the outer wall. It wasn't unbearable though! We checked out for 2 nights in between to stay at a traditional hanok and we got a basement room when we came back - even though the staff were a bit embarrassed to give us that room [not sure why] it was much warmer than the first room we had on the second floor that we got the first few nights we stayed, so that's a tip for people who might be going in winter.

I would definitely stay at WS Sinchon again :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for your very much long and detail review.

but we are very sad to hear you was feeling cold in room.

If you told us about that problem, we could give extra heater to you.

We know that We don't have an excellent service yet.

but We will always try to give better sevice to our guests.

I hope I can see you again in Seoul and

then that time, Give a chance to show you developed service of our hotel.

Please visit us again and thank you so much.

Have a great day.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights & felt the customer service was excellent. We had trouble finding the hotel, we called to ask for directions & the night shift manager walked to find us & assisted us with our luggage to the hotel, also any questions about Seoul were answered & staff seemed more than happy to help. Only down side was the location, although once you find the hotel it is centrally located & only 2 minutes from the metro which was very helpful. All round very good & we would stay again if ever visiting Seoul.

• Stayed December 2012
WSHOTEL, 프론트 매니저 at WS Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your review.
It is our pleasure to help and give tour information to our guests.
If our guests feel comfortable we will also be happy for that.
Again, We want to say thank you so much to give good review about our hotel.
We hope to see you again.
Thank you.

Been to WS Hotel? Share your experiences!