“korean drama hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lexington Hotel

You added The Lexington Hotel to your Saves list
The Lexington Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   16, Gukhoe-daero 76-gil, Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul 150-870, South Korea   |
Ranked #209 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
“korean drama hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was again on a conference trip and lexington was my destination. I must admit that it was a nice 5day stay there. The recrption was helpful and catered to my requests. The room was spacious. However tgere were a few drawbacks. One, it is located a bit far from the major tourist destinations such as gangnam & nandaemun. There was no tradtional art n craft bazaar except for an upmarket shopping complex within walking distance... plus the room door was a bit difficult to lock.
but overall my stay was comfortable and without problem.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lexington_Seoul, 고객 담당 매니저 at The Lexington Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Mad N,
Thank you very much for your taking time for the review on TripAdvisor!

We are pleased to hear that your stay with us at Lexington was comfortable.
We are continuously striving for the better service to all our guest.

You can reach to Gangnam area within 25min. by subway #9, and to Namdaemun within 15min. by taxi. We feel sorry that we lost the opportunity to inform you the directions.

Your comments regarding your room door have been addressed to our Housekeeping team to ensure that this does not happen again through further inspections.

Once again, thank you for your feedback!

Mad N,
If you have another chance to come, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely yours,

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed on business and found room very dirty. The walls had a black stain above the dado, and the carpet had cigarette stains, amongst the general dirt. The carpet was very heavily soiled all over and I made sure I did not walk bare foot!!! Pillows are hard and my neck in the morning testament to an uncomfortable night with my neck at a 45 degree angle. Not sure why the the pillow was linen looked yellow compared to the white sheets...but one can imagine. TV had very few channels an international hotel should have. Breakfast was usual NEAsian hotel fayre, with the western choice another attempt at a compromise to meet tastes of customer segment not understood it seems. The New York 'style' restaurant is perhaps wishful thinking, and very dark. OK for evening but at breakfast it feels like you are a late guests at a night club offering free breakfast. Dinner buffet was reasonable quality,, with enough choice.... and on a par with competitor hotels at this price range. It is what it is, and it is what was expected.
Overall, service was good......and the reception and concierge working seamlessly to get me a cab and help with bags. I just felt sorry for such staff having to work there, when other hotels who charge more and are at the higher end price bracket, sometimes having poor staff. Would not stay again on health grounds (dirty...dirty....dirty!)
It's need a refurbishment badly.... with some interior designers who know what modern hotels in major capital cities should look and feel like. Whatever it is, The Lexington currently falls short, and needs some money thrown at it to justify using such as distinguished name. You fooled me once but not next time.

• Stayed August 2013
Lexington_Seoul, 고객 담당 매니저 at The Lexington Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear GLSALW,
Thank you very much for your staying with us at Lexington Hotel and sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor that is greatly appreciated.

I was really disappoined when I read your comment that we did not meet your expection.
Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you had experienced at our hotel in regard to the rooms cleanliness and the dining conditions. Your comments have been addressed to the related department heads to ensure not to happen again through further training and the deeper inspections.

GLSALW,
Also thank you for your compliment for services provided by our proud staff. It has also shared and encouraged all the team members.

Thank you once again for you valuable feedback and we will do our best to improve all areas of the hotel. And it would be greatly appreciated if you could kindly give us another opportunity to welcome you again in the future. I would like to comfort you and care for you for the recovery.

Please let me know if I might be of any assistance.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was my second time staying at Lexington Hotel after 4years ago. I stayed at deluxe room this time booked online as I know the rooms were full during that time as it was summer holiday in Korea. Also because I will be attending the church nearby so am thankfully that I managed to get a room (finally!)
Compared to last time, the hotel has improved quite a number of Changes and I am rather impressed.
The room and the room lobby is clean and fresh (no weird smell), clear sign of indication where the water dispenser located, room service was pretty fast, attentive and friendly customer service at the check in counter.
The breakfast menu was standard western mixed with local Asian food though not wide spread but I think they are healthy.
I did not try at the New York New York restaurant there but understood that many Korean dramas had use this restaurant for their shoots.
What impressed me is the service provided by the tall bell boy at the hotel entrance. He speaks English very well as compared to others and when he knew I was waiting for the airport bus to airport, he was very attentive and informative. It was a very hot summer time that day and he's so caring and advising me to stay in the hotel lounge there to wait and will informed me once the bus arrived. Though he's just a bell boy, but the friendly and caring attitude leaves a remarkable impression to me.

What's not forgetting to mention about this hotel location is, it is close to Yoido Park and Yoido Garden for dating couples or family outings. You can or by chance, also bumped into your favorite Korean drama idols as MBC and KBS are there. And that's true cos' I chanced upon Lee Joon-gi there, shooting his new drama "2 weeks" when I was strolling there.

Overall, Lexington hotel has improved a lot and I really enjoyed my stay during that time. Will sure to go back again if I am traveling up to Yoido again.

Room Tip: Book early if you want to go to Yoido Park...the hotel is not near to subway train so be sure to pla...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Lexington_Seoul, 고객 담당 매니저 at The Lexington Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Jaazkare,
Warm greetings from Lexington Hotel!

Thank you for your wonderful review on TripAdvisor!
Your feedback is much appreciated as it gives us great motivation and encouragement.

We are happy to read that you had a great stay, and your comment regarding our improvement is a great joy and compansation for our steady efforts.

And also your compliment about the tall associate, Mr. Kim, has been shared with all our team members.

We will keep our ears on guests' voices in order to offer the best service to all of our guest.

Jaazkare, Thank you once again and hope to welcome you again at Lexington Hotel soon!

If you have another plan to Seoul, Do not hesitate to contact me and I will care for you personally.

Las Pinas
1,022 reviews 1,022 reviews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is an older hotel situated near COEX and away from the center of downtown Seoul and very close to the Han River. There places to stroll and there are shops and restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. The rooms are comfortable and the staff is helpful but it in need of refurbishing. Breakfast is adequate but not a whole lot of choices.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lexington_Seoul, 고객 담당 매니저 at The Lexington Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear JEmmanuelLasPinas,
Thank you very much for taking your valuabel time to share your experience at The Lexington Hotel Yoido!
As you mentioned, The Lexington Hotel is the first New York Style deluxe business hotel in Seoul. We are located in Yeoido, also called Seoul’s little Manhattan, in the heart of Korea’s capital. Here you can find branches of the largest Korean companies, headquarters of Korea’s most famous media companies, and Korea’s political heart, the National Assembly. If you look for a place to relax, the Hanriver Park, in Yeoido known for the beauty of its lights, is located only in 5 minutes walking distance to our Hotel. Many other famous locations in Seoul are easily reachable from here because of our close connection to the public traffic lines and a taxi stop right in front of the hotel.
We hope to see you again soon on your another Seoul travel at The Lexington Hotel and we will do our best to present you a lovely memory at our hotel.

Thank you very much again and have a wonderful day!

Zug, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff offset the downsides of the hotel. The room I had was non-smoking, but obviously someone before me had smoked. The room was also dated and the air-con was not very effective. Breakfast was average, but below what I would expect from the star rating.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lexington_Seoul, 제너럴 매니저 at The Lexington Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting us a comment on Tripadvisor.com as this will certainly help us in improving our products and services.

The cause of the noise in your room was due to a faulty centralized ventilation fan during the time of your check-in. We apologize for this incident and we have taken necessary measures to rectify this problem to ensure that such incident do not happen again.

Once again, we thank you for choosing us as your preferred accommodation during your visit to Seoul and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Lexington in the near future.

Thank you.

Regards

Ken Shin / General Manager
Lancaster, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

When we arrived the lobby looked lovely and the staff was very professional and nice. When we came off the elevator to our room I thought we were in a different hotel! The carpet was disgusting and it continued into our room. It smelled like cigarettes and there were burn marks all over the carpet. This room was supposed to be an executive room one of their nicer rooms and it was not. The gentleman at the desk worked very hard and fast to find us another room and it was much better but the carpet was still disgusting. Many nights we were unable to get into the the Broadway restaurant and the Steak restaurant was totally booked our entire stay. The location was good, many areas to walk to,to find coffee shops, restaurants, and the mall. Our room was very warm and they did not have the air conditioner
on. Very difficult to sleep.

Room Tip: Look at rooms before you accept.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Lexington hotel is perfect can't find any fault in them. Superb service from concierge to front desk manager.The hotel is at a good location easy to take public transpirt eg train n buses. There are many local food outlers nearby too.

• Stayed March 2013
Lexington_Seoul, 제너럴 매니저 at The Lexington Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to provide the feedback for other travelers. We sincerely appreciate your gesture, and glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Look forward to serving you again in near future.

Best Regards,

Brian Shin, General Manager
shin.brian@eland.co.kr

Been to The Lexington Hotel? Share your experiences!