“Awesome Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 414 Hotels in Seoul
Seoul, South Korea
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Plaza is an amazing hotel. The concierge is very helpful in making reservations at restaurants and finding sporting events to attend. The location of this hotel is directly across from city hall and in close to authentic restaurants. Do not hesitate to take cabs in Seoul because they are inexpensive and convenient. The hotel is a bit pricey, but I would recommend spending the money!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Jordan W,

Thank you for taking time to share your the Plaza experience!

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest and I am glad to learn that you had a good time with us. We thank you for recognizing our Concierge team for their excellent service extended to you.

And we are facing Seoul City hall in the center of Seoul and located right above the subway station, City hall on 1 & 2 Line. Also many tourist attractions, shopping districts, historical sites and recommendable restaurants are within walking distance of our hotel.

Your feedback will surely boost us to always go beyond guest expectations!
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Plaza in the near future.

Thank you.

Truly yours,

Director of Rooms Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This boutique hotel delivered almost on all fronts and I could only fault it for the following aspects since I just stayed at Lotte Seoul in the rooms on the Club level a few days ago (I'm also staying on the club level here at The Plaza):

1. The room was smaller than the one at Lotte Seoul for the same price category.

2. The Club level lounge was smaller than the one at Lotte Seoul, and the selection of food for breakfast was much lesser too.

3. Bathroom also smaller than Lotte Seoul with no bathtub option, but its design and use of quality bathroom fixtures outclasses those at Lotte Seoul.

Now that I am done with the small regrets, I am more than happy to list the praises for this establishment.

- service is impeccable and extremely obliging. I was able to leave my luggage at the hotel four days before I checked in, as I had checked out from Lotte Seoul to leave for Hyatt Jeju before returning to Seoul for my stay at The Plaza, and I wanted to travel light.

- chic and stylish room interior (black carpeted floor, flanked both sides by huge floor to ceiling lamps that look like oversized study lamps, quality bed and linen)

- Grand view of Seoul's City Hall, with views of one of the city's palaces in a distant.

- quality extras such as nespresso coffee capsule-type machines, Hermes toiletries, rain shower head, hi-tech flush bidet system, auto "welcome to your room" feature of curtains drawing open once U slot the room card in.

- indoor swimming pool, gym, sauna located at the annexe building. They provide exercise clothes should one not have any.

Price-wise, it was almost similar to Lotte Seoul. So I feel it is an even game between both excellent establishments. They just have different characteristics. For a big boutique hotel, The Plaza is certainly classy and chic, and does not disappoint.

• Stayed March 2013
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear GLHS-75,

First of all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to write such a detailed review about your recent stay at The Plaza!

It is our immense pleasure to see that we have met your expectations in many aspects such as service, room amenities and the fitness club. Also constructive criticism like yours helps us identify opportunities and be able to focus on service thoroughly.

As Korea’s luxury boutique hotel, The Plaza has been renovated in 2010 and is becoming the optimal choice for even the most discerning business travelers who pursue both style and convenience. Rooms and club lounge seem smaller than other hotels but we are furnished with custom-made furniture, high tech facilities, Nespresso machine and rain shower in a bathroom booth for guest’s convenience. And we do our utmost best to please our guests for the most pleasant stay possible with an unforgettable experience.

Your kind words have been shared with the team and we all look forward to the next opportunity of enhancing your trip to Seoul.

Again, thank you for your honest thoughts.

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is very nice hotel, the staff are extremely helpful, and seem to fall over themselves to make your stay as plesent as possible. Breakfast good as is the italian restuarnt. I would suggest you pay the extra as I did and get a small suite and club access. Well worth it as you get to see the very helpful Alice in the club lounge

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Jonboy8,

Thank you for sharing your the Plaza experience with us here. I was so pleased to read that you have enjoyed your time with us.

Our team always enjoys receiving comments and I will share these with team. We thank you for recognizing our Club Lounge team, especially Alice, for their excellent service extended to you.

In regards to our breakfast, it is a wide range of breakfast menu from American to Korean foods that allow guests to indulge in enticing starters from the buffet, or individual menu.

Once again, we appreciate the kind comments and will definitely look forward to welcoming you again!

Best regards,

Imola, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I've been there for a business trip with a group of collegue.
I think it's a really good hotel hotel in Seoul with a good and english speaking service.
the room was quite big and clean well furnished.
The breakfast quite expensive but really well provided with a really huge selection.
I also found a rate with a free upgrade

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Maraman 73,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor!

It pleases me very much to know that your experience with us was exceptional and we were able to meet your needs.

The renovated hotel rooms in 2010 present contemporary and unique designs and are furnished with custom-made furniture and high tech facilities. And we think it is very important to keep rooms in top shape to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Also in regards to our breakfast, it is a wide range of breakfast menu from American to Korean foods that allow guests to indulge in enticing starters from the buffet, or individual American or Continental breakfast menu served at the table for a truly sophisticated breakfast experience.

I will be sure to share your comments with my team, and hope your colleague also enjoyed staying with us, The Plaza.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to The Plaza again in the future.
Kind regards,

New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed with the Plaza as a guest 3/1-3/4.The accommodations are nice, but for me, the Plaza is notable for its impeccable service. I realized on the way to the airport that I had forgotten my passport in my in-room safe. One of their outstanding employees, Ms Alisa Lee, swiftly and safely coordinated the return of the passport to me at the Seoul airport via taxi delivery. I was very impressed by the competent handling of the issue. Thanks to the Plaza's high standard of service, I did not miss my flight. I hope to stay with the Plaza again in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Ms. Netnat,

We are extremely delighted to see that you enjoyed our services and pleased to hear that you returned home safely with your passport. I am sure that this review will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff especially Ellisha Lee(Alisa) from Customer Service team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
We all send our regards and appreciation to you for the recognition and are longing to see you again.

We wish you a nice day and look forward to welcoming you.

Kindest Regards,

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Super trendy room very small but so chic
Amazing location across from city hall and tons of great spots
Service great
Easy access from ICN, I took airport bus costs approx USD $15 (1500 Korean won) each way (KAL line #6401) tickets can be purchased right outside bus stop.

Definite recommendation

• Stayed February 2013
PlazaMarketing, 매니저 at THE PLAZA, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Sara J,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to learn that you enjoyed our room, service as well as convenient location.

The Plaza is facing Seoul City hall in the center of Seoul and located right above the subway station, City hall on 1 & 2 Line. Also many tourist attractions, shopping districts, historical sites and etc., are within walking distance of our hotel.
The renovated hotel rooms in 2010 present contemporary and unique designs and are furnished with custom-made furniture and high tech facilities. We always strive to make each and every one of our guests as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Glad that you appreciated our service!

We appreciate the kind recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Truly yours,

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Plaza for a second time for a 2-night business trip and was glad to find it was just as good as the last time I stayed, several years ago. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. I arrived on an early morning flight and the concierge was helpful in suggesting places I could visit until my room was ready. The room itself was very comfortable and quiet. I didn't use the large, well equipped gym, instead opting for the decent sized swimming pool. It was easy to reach the hotel from the airport, about 70 minutes using the KAL bus. There was an extensive choice of breakfast, only marred by the fact that the hot food could have been hotter (warmed plates would be a good addition).

Room Tip: I had a room facing the City Hall - great view.