I am typing this hotel review on my flight from Seoul back to Hong Kong.
I stayed at this hotel for 4D/3N and was on a business trip. As my business meetings were around Seoul Finance Centre, my company arranged this hotel for me so I had no decision power over my choice before departure.
The hotel was very conveniently located near Myeong Dong (10 min walk, can walk along the direction to Westin Chosun hotel or walk inside Lotte Department Store close by to reach Myeong Dong). If you take the subway system, you can exit Eujiro 1-ga and leave at exit 8. The hotel is just 3-min walk (no need to cross any road) from that exit.
In terms of hotel quality, I personally give it a "4-star". My company reserved a so-called "Korean styled room" which consists of a short table and mats (or Tatami in Japanese, refer to the photos taken inside the room). A lot of TV channels are available and for a non-Korean speaker like me, I can enjoy Korean news on "Arirang" channel which is an English channel covering Korean news.
Other minor issues:
1) Local phone call is charged at KRW300 per minute
2) No breakfast is provided but a few convenience stores (2-min walk) are just next to the hotel
3) Free wifi at room and lobby and cable connection at room only. Login with your room number and last name is required.
4) All staff speak satisfactory English. Communication is not a big concern in the hotel.
As I came to Seoul in its rainy season (July), the weather was not nice and it rained all day. The hotel could lend you an umbrella in case you need it.
This is my 5th time in Seoul and I came here on business this time so did not have lots of time to go shopping and sight seeing.
Some travelling tips:
1) Remember to ask for tax refund receipt if you purchase sufficient amount at approved stores (e.g. those cosmetic shops and department stores). However it was a headache for me to get back refund before I got on this plane. There are THREE different tax refund counters in Incheon airport (after customs). As I am holding different receipt types, I need to line up at each of the counters and the staff told me they partner with different shops/brands so I do need to line up at another refund counter if I am holding other receipts issued by non-recognized shops/brands. The most surprising counter requires me to just write down my passport ID, name and home address and they will air-mail me a cheque (?) for refund in 30-90 days. I sincerely wish this chaeque will arrive :<
2) Get a T-money card at any subway station/convenience store. It is a smart e-payment card which is widely accepted in all transportation systems (subway, taxi and buses) and convenience stores.
3) If you buy a single-ride subway ticket, remember to return your ticket to the machine and get back your KRW500 deposit. Subway company implements this policy as they believe tourists may take the ticket as a souvenir and there is ticket production cost involved if you do so.
4) Try to take the Airport Express Train (KRW8000 one way from the airport to Seoul station, non-stop, duration: 40-50 min). I took the train from the airport to the city centre and a cab back to the airport. Taking a cab is far more expensive (KRW68000).
5) Taxis (colored in black) are more expensive than the other colored taxis. Their starting fare is higher (KRW4500 vs KRW2000), albeit the black taxis are offering more seats and spaces.
6) Namdaemum (Hoeyeong subway station) is within a walking distance (10mins) from Myeong Dong subway. You can consider to walk to Namdaemum through the Hoeyeong underground shopping area. There are many underground shopping areas in Seoul. Insadong is also within a walking distance (15mins) from MyeongDong if you prefer to walk more instead of taking a subway.
Enjoy your stay in Seoul.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.