“Overall a wonderful stay, but customer service could be better!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Save on Tour tickets
Ranked #2 of 387 hotels in Seoul
Hong Kong, China
“Overall a wonderful stay, but customer service could be better!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Hi everyone,

Me and my family visited Lotte Seoul not long ago, it was a truly wonderful experience. The hotel was beautiful, the room was very nice and clean. A really wonderful hotel, the spa was absolutely gorgeous and extremely relaxing. The facilities were also really good, a good size pool, wifi connection was fine, the room was clean and the house staff was attentive. We stayed on the club floor, the food at the buffet was good however the selection was a little small, but the service was quite good. The location is absolutely fantastic, located only minutes away from the shopping district Myeongdong, there isn't much I can fault about the hotel however me and my family were quite disappointed with certain staff at the hotel.

Firstly, I especially emailed ahead with a request for my special needs family member and I also told them that it was a special occasion, in the hope that the hotel would at least surprise us with a little something or at least a nice welcome or card, but we received nothing until we were checking out the only thing we received was a very cold and uncaring reply of "oh I see it was for a special occasion, congratulations." which makes me wonder how staff from a five star hotel treat their customers in this way? This is not the first time, we stayed in a nice hotel, I'm not asking for much, the least they could do is to be a little more caring and to reply to their customer's requests and emails. Especially because we hoped that the hotel, could do something to make our stay more comfortable, because of my family member's disability.

Secondly I recently emailed the hotel again, however I have yet to receive a reply. It makes me wonder if I should stay with this hotel again, because the comfy beds and good spa cannot redeem what bad customer service some of the hotel staff provides. I find this very disappointing, especially because I am paying a lot to stay at this hotel I expect to get a reply and more warm, friendly customer service.

I truly hope that any Lotte Hotel staff who sees this post can do something about this problem, and if possible provide me with a EMAIL ADDRESS which I can write to and get a reply before I check out again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1,379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
lyon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very convenient and comfortable hotel well situated for shopping and visit of imperial palaces
The tube and supermarkets are at lower level . Very close to all shopping centres and airport buses stop very close near by .

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear, vinciLyon

Thank you very much for staying with Lotte Hotel Seoul and sharing your opinion with other travellers on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

It is good to hear that you liked our location, good service and well equipped guest room. We are very appreciative and very grateful to you

Again, thanks for your great attention on our hotel. Hope you visit us and have a great experience again. Thank you very much.

Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We spent one night at the hotel on our transit back to Seoul from our High1 ski trip. We picked the hotel for its central location and its no. 1 ranking and we were not disappointed. The Plaza in the same area was our original choice because of its subway access but it was not kid friendly (we would have to book two rooms for our traveling party of two adults and one child) so we selected Lotte instead.

Since we were heading back to Seoul from our ski trip at High1 via cross-country bus in the morning, we arrived in Seoul quite early (around 9am). On our online booking, we had requested an early check-in but we did not place much hope on the request and were expecting to have to leave our luggage with the concierge until the stated check-in time of 2pm. However, to our surprise, the room was ready (well, actually they were still cleaning it but they allowed us access). It was definitely nice to be able to drop off all our ski luggage and get freshen up after a long bus ride.

The staff at the hotel were superb. The young bell boy who greeted us at the hotel spoke excellent English and it was easy to tell that he was very proud to work for the hotel. My son (first time to Korea) was surprised to learn that the Lotte brand is more than just chewing gum and the young bell boy proudly explained to my son the other major business that are under the Lotte group.

The room was also very nice - clean and modern. The hotel is connected directly to the Lotte Department store and the hotel is very centrally located (within walking distance to many attractions).

On our return trip next morning to Incheon airport, we just had to catch an airport bus just outside the hotel (the hotel only sells adult tickets and we had to buy the child ticket on the bus). In all, a very nice hotel with very friendly and pleasant staff. A well-deserved no. 1 ranking on TripAdvisor.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear, Byron823

It is honorable to read that you liked our location right middle of Seoul center area and also enjoyed the service provided by our well trained staff.
Your review on Tripadvisor is very much appreciated and encouraging our entire staff, we are extremely happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay at our Club lounge.

Once again thank you for sparing time to post your feedback and If you will have the chance to visit Seoul and Lotte Hotel again, I wish you may have time to visit one of our restaurant.
Looking forward to seeing you soon in the nearest future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I go to Korea 4 times a year (each trip normally lasts about 3-4nights) for work/holiday, and i always stay at the lotte. I have stayed at Westin and Grand Hyatt Seoul previously also, but personally I think the lotte is the best one.

Location: it is so convenient if you are a shopper. The hotel is directly connected to the department store, and in a cold winter you don't even have to put a coat on to go for a quick bite or shopping! Myeongdong is also 5 min walking distance with a plenty of shops. I have walked to the Gyongbok Palace/Insadong which took about 25 min, but you could just cab there (probably takes like 5 min).

Service: the front desk people are very friendly and always helpful.

Rooms: the rooms at the Main building have been renovated so very modern. The rooms at annex wing are older but larger. I prefer to stay at the Main building as they are newer. They also have the Molten brown toiletries which I love, but I wish they can replace their toothpastes (since they are providing one) to a better one.

Overall, I love staying at Lotte if I am to stay in the Gangbook area. There are other options in Gangnam area, but if you are in Seoul as a tourist I think this is the hotel to go for in every aspect!

Room Tip: Main building rooms are modern and renovated!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear, Jetsetter366

First of all, thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us.

We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us, enjoying the well equipped guest rooms & central location which allows our guests enjoy the heart of Seoul. As you mentioned, Lotte Hotel Seoul is centrally situated with Lotte department store and Lotte Duty Free shop. Also, it is very close to downtown that our guests can easily reach Myeongdong, Dongdaumun and some of tourist attractions. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all times. We will try harder from now on.

Once again, thank you very much and please visit us again in the near future se we can welcome you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul.

UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I stayed in Lotte during a business trip. So, while I was busy throughout the day my expectations were limited to a nice place to relax at night. However, the hotel had much more to offer.
Location : In the centre of the town well connected with Metro. Hotel is located just next to Lotte Mall as well as Myendong area (UNESCO heritage) which provided me with good option to collect some souvenirs (despite my busy schedule).
Room : Cozy and well equipped with all what can ask for (whether it be family stay or a business stay).
Service : Staff was ever ready to assist and help. Hotel offers free Wi-Fi. The best service for me was the Local mobile phone service (with free incomings) - really important when you are away on a business (i.e. away from family as well as from office). While I didn't used the services like Sauna, Gym etc, I did visited the area and it was well equipped.
Restaurants offered a good options of food both local and continental.

Summary: Lotte is one of the oldest hotels in Seoul and my experience there proved that why it has been one of the best hotels in town for more than 75years... With some really top of the league upgrades, hotel provides the most cosy stay for all kind of travelers.

Room Tip: It was my first visit and I had a room with view to the main road. I enjoyed it, don't know if a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear, Maverick_Varun

Thank you for staying Lotte Hotel Seoul and sharing your opinion with other Travellers on the Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback on our hotel. We would take this opportunity to review our service standard, and try to improve even harder to meet your expectations.

We were very content to learn that your stay was pleasant. You liked the central location which allows our guests enjoy the heart of Seoul.

We are currently more putting our efforts on the general quality of room which is most important part of your comfort and relaxation along with the quality of service by consistently training our staffs for better language and attitude because it is our job to always make our guests feel home by providing them with great service and comfort.

For the next time, we would recommend you to use our very new Gym and Pool. It just had been renovated and re-opened last year.

Thank you very much for your great attention on our hotel. Hope you visit us and have a great experience again.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed 3 days in lotte hotel seoul with my friends. Hotel was very big and luxurious. I used deluxe room in the new wing building. Room was quite old but very quiet and big enough to stay. When i ask to front desk staffs about outside restaurants around hotel, they guided me very kindly with the map. It was very nice. I want to come back later and stay again here!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear, haohao21

Thank you for staying with us and taking your precious time to post good review on Trip Advisor.
I am so pleased to have received such wonderful comments and it is the greatest satisfaction for us to be received kind words from a valued guest.

I'm very delighted to learn that you enjoyed our central location, comfortable and well-equipped guest rooms . Lotte Hotel will continue to provide most comfortable and exceptional service to our valued guest. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all times.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul in the near future

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was a beautiful hotel. Wonderful accommodations. Great restaurants. Lounges with entertainment. Great location for shopping! Nonstop shopping! Close to subway and all amenities. Staff was extra nice. I would stay here again. I would recommend this to anyone for either business or pleasure.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear, antonetta

Thank you for staying Lotte Hotel Seoul and sharing your opinion with other Travellers on the Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your feedback.

We were very content to learn that your stay was pleasant. You liked the central location which allows our guests enjoy the heart of SeoulAnd It is our job to always make our guests feel home by providing them with great service and comfort.
Once again, thank you very much for choosing the Lotte hotel Seoul and taking the time to leave a warm review. I hope your previous stay and experience will bring you back to our hotel.

Susan Lee

Been to Lotte Hotel Seoul? Share your experiences!