“Definitely would come back here” 5 of 5 stars

Lotte Hotel Seoul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Eulji-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-070, South Korea   |
Ranked #1 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
La Jolla, California
“Definitely would come back here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at three hotels, two in Seoul, one outside in a suburb where my conference was. Lotte was the last and the best by far.

Reading reviews here, I decided to book a club floor room. Good decision! Not only were the staff and service amazing (you check in at a different floor), they gave us an upgrade to a suite because our room was not ready. This was basically a large one bedroom, two bathroom apartment with an amazing view. Wow! (See photos).

The bed is great. You get nice PJs (can buy them at the store downstairs if you want) and your choice of pillows - seriously check out the pillow menu! The bathrooms are a joy to use - if you have been to a nice Asian hotel you may have seen these amenities before but the main bathroom here at the Lotte suite was among the best I have seen.

Service: No fault whatsoever. Anything you need, they will help and immediately and with courtesy. The room was so clean. On the first day, I came back after breakfast to find all my toiletries on the (large, spacious) bathroom counter organized and laid out carefully on a towel. I felt bad for being messy!

The club floor is worth the price when you consider the daily breakfast you get. We also took breaks in the afternoon on a couple days to go up to the club floor to read and relax a little - high quality snacks and either tea or cocktails available depending on the time of the day. Just these amenities are worth the extra fee. Plus the club floor gives you a much needed respite from the city crowds and heat of the summer. It really does not feel like you are in a huge, crowded hotel.

Finally, do not miss the chance to visit the pool and spa. The hotel has a nice Korean style gym, pool, and spa. With my husband, we had a short swim in the pool and then the shower massage room - truly amazing. There are unisex steam room and baths after that. I tried to do as the Romans do and partake in a traditional long bath in the women's area - I highly recommend this. I was the only non-Korean and the only person under 50 there, so I was a bit nervous, trying to observe the locals about where to leave my towels, my shoes, which order to use the different areas etc, but of course you can't look too much since everyone is naked and it wouldn't be polite. I did lose my locker key by leaving it in the pocket of my spa robe, which got taken into laundry. Fortunately the staff were very understanding and found my keys. Embarrassing, but it was worth it: a truly wonderful experience to use the hot and cold plunge pools, and then the showering area (public, not for you if you have issues being naked around others), followed by the dressing rooms. With my hairbrush and moisturizer only, I was was finished pretty quickly getting dressed; pity since the other ladies were having a good time taking their time, chatting as they went through their 9 step skincare, hair and makeup routines. I enjoyed this so much I went back there the following morning for my shower, this time brought more skincare and stuff and fit in better with the locals. Access to the pool and gym were included in the club room rate.

The hotel has a great location as you probably already know. We did not eat at the restaurants but the breakfast and snacks were totally fine. Great art and design all around (as in the rest of Seoul).

No question: If we come back to Seoul, I would definitely stay at the Lotte.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear APS7,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your precious time to post good review. Your kind
words are not only helpful for other travelers on Trip Advisor, but also gratefully encouraging all of us.

I'm very delighted to learn that you enjoyed our comfortable and well-equipped guest room and brand-new fitness club. Our fitness club is an unmatched place to rest and find refreshment for mind and body. And I'm also pleased that you loved our club lounge which is the most exceptional place to relax and enjoy varied selection of food and beverages in sophisticated ambiance.

Once again I genuinely thank you for your kind words and look forward to the privilege of welcoming you again.

Front Office Manager
Simon Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Stayed for one week and it was awesome. The room was spacious with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom has both standing shower and bathtub and all amenities that you need. Subway is under the hotel and also Lotte World incase you travel with kids. You can also shop at Lotte duty free and Lotte department store which are next door. The only problem for me was the slow Wifi connection. And they also not provide Wifi at lobby.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear. Angieane

Thank you so much for staying with us for one week and giving us nice feedback on Trip Advisor.

We are extremely happy to hear that you had a good experience with our spacious room, comfortable bed, bathroom and amenities. We are trying to meet our customers’ expectation.

Lotte Hotel Seoul is located on the middle of Seoul and connected to the Subway Station, Lotte Department Store, and many tourist attractions. Actually, there's free Wifi in our hotel. We will check it again and prepare better wifi connection.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul in the near future.

nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Great location next to Myeong-dong - 5 minute walk and also convenient to subway. Stayed on the club floor - very nice room, a bit smaller than I expected but completely serviceable and fine. Club floor service was extremely good with specialized check in on 31st floor. Very nice staff, decent English. High tech, clean room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear. Drftwdsflm

Thank you for staying Lotte Hotel Seoul and sharing your experience with other travelers. It is pleasant for us to hear that you had a nice stay on our Club room.

It is honorable to read that you liked our location right middle of Seoul center area and also enjoyed the service provided by our well trained staff. We are currently more putting our efforts on the general quality of room which is most important part of your comfort and relaxation along with the quality of service by consistently training our staffs for better language and attitude.

Again, thanks for your great attention on our hotel. Hope you visit us and have a great experience again.

NEW JERSEY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I just returned from trip to Asia including Seoul where we had the opportunity to spend 3 nights at the Lotte Hotel. It's location is absolutely perfect to enjoy the nightlife and excitement of the Myongdong Shopping District. The king sized bed is very comfortable and the rooms in the new wing are very spacious. If you are here on a business and the check is covered it probably appears a great deal. Compared to what is available just outside the front door the charges for everything at the Lotte are excessive ($15/per cup of lukewarm coffee in the Lounge) to $17 for a plain shot of Stoly in the empty bar on the 25th floor. The restaurant is only affordable on expense account with prix fixe dinners starting at $125/person up to several hundred). Once outside the real Seoul is apparent even on the terrace where coffee and dinner is much more reasonable. The rooms are great and comfortable but wouldn't suggest spending anything anywhere else in this overpriced hotel.
When we arrived on the morning flight and arrived at the hotel at 6AM (which we were told is common for flights into Seoul) we were greeted by no-one (in fact no doorman met us at the door at anytime in the 3 days we where there) and when eventually sent to the 14th floor lobby in the new wing--"room is not ready" and we were forced to catch 2 hours sleep on the couches of the lobby when at 8 AM the rooms were magically available (guess we didn't look so "welcoming" stretched across the couches with our luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor in the NEW WING
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear. STEPHENCM

Thank you very much for staying 3 nights with us and sharing a review with other travelers. What the guest tells us feeds back into our work.

We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us, enjoying the spacious new wing building’s guest rooms and the location of our hotel. It is very close to downtown that our guests can easily reach Myeongdong, Dongdaumun and some of tourist attractions.

Thank you once again for your nice feedback. We hope to see you next time.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently stayed in Lotte Hotel for 1 week. We were greeted cordially by the hotel porter upon arrival. We arrived at the main (old) wing and were told that our room was in the new wing. The Check-in for rooms in new wing was done on the 14th floor (of the new wing) check-in counter. We were happy with the excellent service from the hotel staff, who has helped us to carry our luggage and led us all the way up to 14th floor.

Our room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was big, and it has both standing shower and bath tub. The WIFI connection in the room was very good, and no password was required for the WIFI, which was very convenient.

The Lotte Department Store (at the basement) can be accessed through the escalator at the main wing. There is a huge food court which sells a wide variety to food, pastries, cakes etc. The food court closes rather early (8PM), and 10 mins before closing all the food was going for big discount. There is also a tourist food street located right opposite the hotel, across the road.

The hotel location could not be better. It is within walking distance to Cheonggyecheon Stream, Myeongdong night market and Deoksugung palace. It is conveniently located near 2 subway stations, the City Hall Station (line 1) and Eulji-ro1 station (line 3). Most of the tourist attractions are just a few train stops away, such as Dongdaemun, Gyeongbok gung, Changdeokgung, Bukchon Hanok Village, Sinshon, Ewha Women University etc. The Seoul station, where the KTX trains depart, is only one stop away from City Hall station.

Having said all the plus, there are a couple of problems I’d like to highlight:

1) There is no iron in the room (which is surprising for a 5-star hotel). I realized that only in the morning when I needed to iron my shirt. I had to call the housekeeping last minute but luckily they brought me the ironing set almost immediately.

2) We encountered some glitches upon checking out. The staff was too careless to have mixed up the two amounts that were supposed to be charged to two separate credit cards. In the end, she had to void the transactions and re-charge our cards. As all the cancellation slips (which are our only evidence) are in Korean, we were quite worried that should anything (like double-charging) happen, how are we going to clarify this to our banks (which obviously won’t understand Korean language)? We were quite unhappy about that incident. This should not have happened in a 5-star hotel.
Apart from that, I’d say Lotte Hotel is a nice hotel to stay. However, I’d probably try The Plaza (which is just around the corner) in my next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear. Merlion42

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with other travelers on Trip Advisor. Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us.

We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us, enjoying the well equipped guest rooms and central location which allows our guests enjoy the heart of Seoul. As you mentioned, Lotte Hotel Seoul is centrally situated with Lotte department store and Lotte Duty Free shop. Also, it is very close to downtown that our guests can easily reach Myeongdong, Dongdaumun and some of tourist attractions.

We apologize for any inconvenience that our staff has caused you. We will be careful not to allow such an unfortunate event to happen again. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all. We will try harder from now on.

Thank you once again for your nice feedback. We hope to see you next time.

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Travelled to Seoul for business and was placed on the 33rd floor in the new wing. The room is huge by any standards and the king sized bed provides such a good rest that made me reluctant to leave the bed. Molton Brown toiletries are replenished daily and the bathroom amenities even include a bottle of bath salt. On the writing desk, there are stationery items available for use in the desk drawer and the lanyard is useful for conference participants. Two bottles of mineral water are also provided to house guests daily.

This hotel is perfect and please do check out the pool, jaccuzi and suana facilities on the 4th floor of the old wing. The indoor pool is not olympic size but the ambience is so soothing and a dip in the jaccuzi pool ensures a good sleep that very night! For visitors using the gym, your workout shoes are the only things you will need as the hotel offers complimentary usage of the t-shirts, shorts and socks. Bathrobes and bags for your wet swim suits are also readily available at no cost.

The hotel is also linked to the Lotte Departmental Store with a duty free shop on the 9 to 11th floors. The walk to the departmental store is fully sheltered and is also linked to the subway.

The Airport Limo stops just outside the hotel and tickets can be purchased from the hotel reception.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Orangemuffin,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit to Seoul and for taking the time to share your precious words on Trip Advisor. I am so glad to have received such valuable comments and it is the greatest satisfaction for us to be received kind words from a valued guest.

I'm very delighted to learn that you enjoyed our spacious, well-equipped guest room and brand-new fitness club. As you have mentioned, our brand-new fitness club is one of our pride and joy and a perfect place to work out and relax for our guests.

Again, thank you for your encouraging review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul each and every time your travels take you to Seoul.

Front Office Manager
Simon Kim
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you're going to Seoul there is no better place to stay than the Lotte Hotel. We stayed there for five nights beginning 26 June and found the service impeccable. The rooms were well appointed and roomy and the staff very attentive.
The hotel is situated within walking distance to the best shopping Seoul has to offer both designer and the touristic variety. The subway system is a breeze to navigate and pleasant to ride. This is a must stay place in a vibrant city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear. Mcdlark

Thank you very much for staying Lotte Hotel Seoul and sharing nice feedback on TripAdvisor.
Your valuable comments are the greatest encouragement and motivation.

We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us, enjoying the well equipped guest rooms and central location which allows our guests enjoy the heart of Seoul. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all times.

Thank you once again for your great feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Susan Lee

Been to Lotte Hotel Seoul? Share your experiences!