I recently stayed in Lotte Hotel for 1 week. We were greeted cordially by the hotel porter upon arrival. We arrived at the main (old) wing and were told that our room was in the new wing. The Check-in for rooms in new wing was done on the 14th floor (of the new wing) check-in counter. We were happy with the excellent service from the hotel staff, who has helped us to carry our luggage and led us all the way up to 14th floor.
Our room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was big, and it has both standing shower and bath tub. The WIFI connection in the room was very good, and no password was required for the WIFI, which was very convenient.
The Lotte Department Store (at the basement) can be accessed through the escalator at the main wing. There is a huge food court which sells a wide variety to food, pastries, cakes etc. The food court closes rather early (8PM), and 10 mins before closing all the food was going for big discount. There is also a tourist food street located right opposite the hotel, across the road.
The hotel location could not be better. It is within walking distance to Cheonggyecheon Stream, Myeongdong night market and Deoksugung palace. It is conveniently located near 2 subway stations, the City Hall Station (line 1) and Eulji-ro1 station (line 3). Most of the tourist attractions are just a few train stops away, such as Dongdaemun, Gyeongbok gung, Changdeokgung, Bukchon Hanok Village, Sinshon, Ewha Women University etc. The Seoul station, where the KTX trains depart, is only one stop away from City Hall station.
Having said all the plus, there are a couple of problems I’d like to highlight:
1) There is no iron in the room (which is surprising for a 5-star hotel). I realized that only in the morning when I needed to iron my shirt. I had to call the housekeeping last minute but luckily they brought me the ironing set almost immediately.
2) We encountered some glitches upon checking out. The staff was too careless to have mixed up the two amounts that were supposed to be charged to two separate credit cards. In the end, she had to void the transactions and re-charge our cards. As all the cancellation slips (which are our only evidence) are in Korean, we were quite worried that should anything (like double-charging) happen, how are we going to clarify this to our banks (which obviously won’t understand Korean language)? We were quite unhappy about that incident. This should not have happened in a 5-star hotel.
Apart from that, I’d say Lotte Hotel is a nice hotel to stay. However, I’d probably try The Plaza (which is just around the corner) in my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A True Business Hotel in the Heart of Seoul ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Lotte Hotel Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seoul Lotte Hotel