“Excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 413 Hotels in Seoul
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Somewhat belated but just had to put in my 2 cents worth of comments - you can't go wrong in selecting this hotel. Had rooms on the club level , enjoyed the daily complimentary breakfast.
Rooms are spacious, beds so comfortable, large bathrooms with Molton Brown amenities.
Central location for sightseeing by foot, convenient subway thru the basement for exploring furthur. Loved walking through the shopping mall and food halls each day to and from the subway. Cathedral at nearby Myeongdong for the sunday church goers :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear YvonneSequerah,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit to Seoul and for taking the time to share your words on Trip Advisor.
I am particularly pleased that you loved our luxurious guest rooms with spacious bathrooms.
As you have mentioned, Lotte Hotel Seoul is the most exceptional place for tourists, shoppers, gourmets and even for the sunday church goers:)

Again, thank you for your encouraging review on TripAdvisor and I look forward to welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul each and every time your travels take you to Seoul.

Simon Kim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at Lotte the last time we were in Seoul at the new wing, Club level.
This 4 day stay, we were at the main wing Club level. There doesn't seem to be a lot of differences between the two wings. They are (at least according to my experience) both renovated and nice.

I would definitely recommend spending a little more for the Club level if you intend to stay in your hotel for any amount of time. Breakfast, tea, and cocktail services, and the lounge area is excellent. One downer for me...there was a smoking room of the lounge where I could smoke my cigar. Seems like these have been removed.

The location of the hotel cannot be beat! Many shops and restaurants in the Myeong Dong area as well as the department store. Historic palaces and Insadong near by...

The rooms are a bit tight but very well laid out. We loved the comfy bed. The view out form the 32nd floor was nice.

The work-out area was very nice and fairly large and well equipped. The spa (hot tubs) are free and nice. We did not try out the spa/treatment/massage facilities or the pool...but looked nice from the outside.

Negatives: The service was usually very good...some minor gripes: the male concierge was not very useful or enthusiastic when asked about local restaurants...gave me some cursory info but I did not get the sense that he wanted to really help me.
Also, this is indirectly related to the hotel but, I had a haircut in the barber shop located on I believe the 4th floor of the new wing. A mediocre cut and shampoo cost me the equivalent of $60. This is a total ripoff...and I got the sense from the proprietor that he knew it was a ripoff...
If the services or the facilities were good, I could accept it...but this place and service/cut was pretty much like any local neighborhood barber shop in Seoul.

We plan to spend the next 4 days at the Park Hyatt in Gangnam next just to add a little variety and since we have not stayed here before.

Room Tip: If you are staying in the club level, being one floor above is great because you can just walk down...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear SixpackDC,

Thank you for staying with us and taking your precious time to post good review on Trip Advisor.
I am so pleased to have received such wonderful comments and it is the greatest satisfaction for us to be received kind words from a valued guest.

I'm very delighted to learn that you enjoyed our central location, comfortable and well-equipped guest rooms and brand-new fitness club.
As you have mentioned, our club lounge is the most exceptional place to relax and enjoy varied selection of food and beverages in sophisticated ambiance.

Still, I am disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the discomfort you experienced with our concierge and barber shop.
I have well noted those and shared with the incharge department.

Once again I genuinely thank you for your kind words and look forward to the privilege of welcoming you again.

Cambridge, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

One of the best business hotels I have stayed in. I was on the 26th floor in a deluxe room with a king size bed. I liked the ambience of the room and the technical offerrings including free wifi. The bed was very comfortable.

All of the staff were brilliant and kept up a smile all of the time. How the staff on the door can bow to every car that arrives I cannot imagine.

The only downside for me was the La Seine buffet restaurant. I paid UK £45 for a breakfast on the first morning after arrival. The food was good but it was still a buffet and did not warrant £45. The hot western style food and my black tea were just warm. I was also rather put off the food when a customer scooped up some jam with her finger, licked it and put the remaining jam back in the pot. I recognise the hotel cannot legislate for its customers but it was a disgusting sight. I presume the cost of the meal help pay for the overwhelming number of staff - everytime I went to the buffet my drinks and cutlery were whipped from the table by the forever circling staff.

Eat out and relish the comfort of the accommodation. For the accommodation I give the hotel 5 stars.

Room Tip: High floor away from the lifts.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear. Antarctic

Thank you for staying Lotte Hotel Seoul and posting a great review on TripAdvisor! Your kind words are of the greatest encouragement to all of us.

We are happy to learn that your stay has been pleasant, and you enjoyed our location, facility, even the amenities. Lotte Hotel will continue to provide most comfortable and exceptional service to our valued guest. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all times.

It's unfortunate that you had an unsatisfactory experience in our buffet restaurant. We are very sorry about your inconvenience. I hope you may enjoy more our buffet restaurant next time of your visit.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Lotte Hotel Seoul in the near future.

Susan Lee
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

i stayed 5 nights at a regular room called the superior double bedroom at an average of $355 SGD per nite (KW 270000+room taxes) at 20th floor . This comes with no breakfast (hey u can get breakfast easily at the Lotte supermarket basement!)
This is my second visit to the hotel within the year. Previously we booked the club rooms at TA advisers' recommendations. I had read negative reviews on their regular rooms so to play safe, had booked the club rooms. As this trip was purely for shopping, I booked a regular room. After all, most of time we would be out of the room.
I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very good for the price. The lobby was the same as those for the club rooms. The toilet had all the toiletries of the club rooms. The bathtub (impt for soaking those weary legs) was deep. The sleep quality was very good. The location is perfect for shopaholics - you only need to take the lift to the basement n walk 60m n voila, u are at the subway station ! With the subway, u can go to all the major shopping areas like gangnam , hongdae, Eehua. Of coz myeongdong is across the road too. But the thing is, u are staying on top of the shopping mall. u can just buy breakfast at the lotte supermarket n try everything. You can shop at Lotte's duty-free level for cosmetics, come up to rest n shop again. Perfect ! And the Lotte hotel has very good concierge service. The staff at the check-in counter n concierge all speak English n take good care of the hotel guests. Use the airport limousine bus (from incheon, just buy the tickets when u exit- ticket station is just in front where u exit) that stops right in front of the hotel- really hassle free and comfortable at KW15000. There is no need to take the taxi to the airport n u dont need to use the taxi to move around.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, or even the ladies floor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear modecai12

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your glowing feedback on Trip Advisor. Earning referrals from previous guests is a wonderful compliment.

I am specially pleased that you loved our well-equiped, cozy superior room and our central location. And I appreciate your thoughtful compliment on our well-trained staffs' service. There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

Once again thank you for all your compliments and I hope to have the privilege of serving you on many more visits to Lotte Hotel Seoul in the near future.

Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Have stayed several times at this hotel and it never fails to deliver. The rooms are excellent and very spacious. The staff are very good and the hotel is ideally situated in central Seoul. The facilities are very good and a range of restaurants and bars, Below the hotel is easy access to Lotte shops and food hall.

Dear Starfish2201

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I am so pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I sincerely appreciate your continued support.

I value your patronage and certainly hope to host you again so that we may continue to amaze you with our thoughtful guest service and opulent accommodations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I've always been staying in this hotel whenever I go to Seoul for business trips.

The hotel is located in the center (City Hall) of Seoul and across the street of Myeodong shopping district not to mention its (Lotte) own department store and duty free shops.

Since I have been staying at this hotel since 2006, I always got a special fruit platter and a bottle of wine as the appreciation gift from the hotel staff.

You can also pay lower price for the executive floor and the special Lady's floor by not having the access of lounge floor and breakfast (if you don't eat big breakfast anyway).

Room Tip: Great location and toiletries :)
KSimonKim, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Candice F,

Thank you for your kind words and sharing your positive feedback regarding Lotte Hotel Seoul.
The continued return of a loyal guest is the most valuable honor that we can earn.

I am specially pleased to read that you love our central location and the courtesies we provide for our loyal guest. The compliment from our loyal guest always encourages us to try harder in every possible way to exceed our guests' expectation.

Once again, thank you for your continued patronage and I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Front office manager
Cape Town
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and found the hotel comfortable with excellent service and attentive staff. We had a room with a double bed but which was really too small for 2 people. If someone was sitting at the desk the other person had to jump over the edge of the bed to get to the other side. Also the chair provided to work at the desk was far too low - it required 3 pillows to get it to reasonable height to be able to work at the desk. The bathroom was well equipped and functioned very well. The breakfast at La Seine restaurant were excellent, offering every sort of option - we really enjoyed that. On the other Mugunghwa, the Korean Restaurant was a great disappointment. The food was just okay but at the price, nearly $200 for two people without wine, we certainly expected more so I wouldn't recommend that restaurant. The hotel is extremely well located and easy to to and from places around the area. The final oddity is that the KAL limousine bus parks ont street and does not drive into the hotel forecourt - I found that a little strange especially if you leave in the rain.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
worldbest2018, 프론트 매니저 at Lotte Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear. AllanTups

Thank you for staying Lotte Hotel Seoul and posting a good review on Trip Advisor. We are very appreciative and very grateful to you.

We are happy to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us except for little pricey Korean restaurant and the location of the KAL limousine bus stop.

It is honorable to read that you liked our location right middle of Seoul center area and also enjoyed the service provided by our well trained staff. We strive to exceed all our guest expectations by providing most warm, caring and personalized service at all times.
Also, you had a good time with our buffet restaurant, the La Seine. There are so many delicious kinds of international food to eat in our buffet restaurant. We keep on trying to improve variety of menus. So I hope you may enjoy more our buffet restaurant next time of your visit.

Susan Lee

Been to Lotte Hotel Seoul? Share your experiences!