“excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lotte Hotel World

You added Lotte Hotel World to your Saves list
Lotte Hotel World
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   240, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul 138-220, South Korea (Jamsil)   |
Ranked #7 of 439 Hotels in Seoul
Munich, Germany
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Excellent Hotel, excellent Service. Is linked to the department of Lotte as well as with the amusement park. Good running track just next door with 2.5km around 2 lakes. Nice to do at sunrise.

Why does Tripadvisor insists to put mmore that 200 letter in? blablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablablabla

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Pedro S,

Thank you for your e-mail and interest in our Lotte Hotel. We are always pleasure to hear your comments. We can be provide the further development of our services from your reproach.

The SUKCHON lake is located right next to our hotel, Is is 2.5Km walking and jogging course not too far from the hotel. The jogging track is flat and well marked on the ground. People of all ages can enjoy a wlk or a run around the lake at any time of the day.

Promise if you visit our hotel once again in short priod, we promise to carry all improved service. If you have additional required or upon requests, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Shanghai, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Check-in: Signed the 300.000 Krw credit card authorisation (equivalent of 208 € or 282 US$). Just after signing it the kind receptionist told us that it doesn't include the taxes. When you ask for the price you expect to be given a total price which includes the taxes, but I guess that's not the case here. We ended up paying 60.000 more in taxes (which is more then 40 €).
A concierge took us to our room and told us, what sounded like a routine speech, that the shampoos are complimentary. He also told us that we have two bottles of water for free. Now, isn't that generous.
Note for the management: When in 5 star hotel, the guest will expect the conditioner to be included in the price he's paying.

The breakfast: The concierge was a warning for what was to come the following morning when we discovered that, although the shampoos and the use of the towels and the sheets was complimentary, the breakfast was not. They charge it another 30 € per person.
Now, maybe I was wrong, but I was expecting the breakfast to be included in the price of the 250 € per night room. The receptionist on the check-in forgot to mention it was not. And I didn't ask, just like I didn't ask for the shampoos. Note for the management if you are reading this: Manage expectations!

The room: Pretty small in comparison with the average 5 star or even the 4 star hotels in Europe.

All in all, to rephrase something I recently read, I'm gonna pay more for a certain brand because it guaranties me a certain quality. I'm not gonna pay more for a butter because it's been refrigerated.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank ElDraque
Dear EIDraque,

Thank you for your interest in our Lotte Hotel. We are always pleasure to hear your comments.

Sincerely apologize for the uncomfortable and unpleasant experience that you had from our hotel. Our Lotte hotel is always pursuing the best service but we regret that couldn't fill up your expectaions and any inconvenience.

Through this opportunity, Lotte Hotel employees share customer complaints and we will
provide our best high quality service to every each one of our guests. We can be provide the further development of our services from your reproach.

North Conway, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

The opening says it all. We stayed 3 nights in early September traveling with Daedong. Subway is right outside the lobby. Easy travel in and out of the city, as long as you know where you are going or have a guide. Amusement park on site so kid friendly. The food is wonderful and they offer plenty of American choices. Breakfast is wonderful. The inside is spotless and has many shops...higher end, but nice to view. In the basement levels of the hotel is a fabulous food/grocery store. You have to walk through to see what I mean. They have fresh pastries, different kinds of sweets and munchies made on site. Well displayed and I even had a Krispy Kreme donut here. The staff at all businesses visited were friendly and tried their best to speak English. They wanted to accommodate the americans. The rooms were clean, beds extremely comfortable and easy access from one of the many elevators. All in all if you go to Seoul, or anywhere in South Korea, look for the name Lotte...it is a very common name for business. This location is great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear yup_1976

I highly appreciate for you to visit us again to stay at Lotte Hotel World and spend your precious time to share your positive feedback on Tripadvisor!

We are very much impressed that you have enjoyed while you stayed in our hotel. Lotte hotel world located in where near Gangnam is, also the amusement park, department store, duty free shop and subway station is located right next to the hotel. When you have chance to visit us again, we promise to provide you excellent service.

I am strongly pleased to expect your next visit again at Lotte Hotel World. I am very looking forward to welcoming you here in Seoul next time.
Thank you very much.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a pleasant stay at the Lotte Hotel World. My parent live in jansil so I chose this hotel to stay with my family. The overall hotel lobby has been kept in v.good condition and located at Jamsil MTR it is 1 minute walk the main shopping and food areas. Our room was a little tired but the bed was fantastic. Staff service was excellent and nothing was too much.
The breakfast in the hotel will cost you about $28 per person. You could not eat that much food! Go to the bakery located 1st floor in this hotel. I had a baked bred with coffee for $10.
Do not make an international telephone call from your room. You will be charged an extraordinarily high price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Davidkim7,

I would like to express my thanks to you and your parents for staying at Lotte Hotel World and sharing your detailed feedback with us on Tripadvisor.

We are very much impressed that you had good time during staying with us. Our hotel always try to provide fresh food and bakery for everytime. We also have a Tohlim(Chinese restaurant) on 32nd floor. Which is very famous and well known as precious and brilliant service. When you stay next time, there will be great chance to have one.

On behalf of our entire staff, I do really appreciate for staying with us at Lotte Hotel World and spending your precious time to share your great feedback with others once again.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Looking from outside of the building it looks wonderful. Then you enter and a man helped me with my bags, you notice how clean and fresh the building looks with open space. The reception lady spoke wonderful english and she was quick in checking me in. I had asked for a smoking room, I was a bit worried as I know thease rooms normaly look a bit grotty due to the smoke but the room was wonderful. The minute you wake into the room you could not smell smoke but an airfreshner, which was lovely. The bathroom was brill from the black sink to the tub. Everything was wonderfully clean and in the right place. the hairdryer was a little hard to find but it was in a lovely bag in one of the draws. I loved how the draws were laid out so tidy and easy to find the bottle opener and other bits you may need while staying in the hotel. I had been to a concert the night of my stay and I had to show my friends the lobby of the hotel as the lights at night made it look magical. In all I loved my stay with the hotel and will do so in the future.

Room Tip: The view was not nice but I could see the lake beside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very nice rooms and comfortable bed. I stay there for business every time I travel to Korea and have always had a great experience. Friendly staff and many restaurants and things to do within the Lotte grounds.

Room Tip: Stay on Club Lounge level if you plan to spend time a significant amount of time in the hotel, becau...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MooHeonLee, 제너럴 매니저 at Lotte Hotel World, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Dan F,

On behalf of our entire staff, I do really appreciate for what you have done for Korea and spending your precious time to share your great feedback with others.

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I appreciate for your favorable comments once again and I believe there would be a next time to welcoming you again. We hope to see you very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I live in chicago, United state but actually I am Korean. I've just been Korea last month with my lovely wife in honeymoon. This site helped me to choose a great hotel in Gangnam, Seoul.
The hotel is in a very nice area, Gangnam, very close to great malls and below the hotel is a huge underground mall with lots of facilities and shops, etc. The hotel itself has many dining options. The rooms are nice size, very clean and the general service is good. The decor and design of the hotel is also very nice. One disadvantage is that it is quite far from downtown Seoul and to get to all the different tourist attractions, you would have to cross the river to the other side of Seoul. This can be a hassle but we found the travel ok except during peak hours. The concierge service can be better, the staff won't very enthusiastic about helping out with ideas, etc. It was efficient but not out of the way. Great stay, enjoyed it much and a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: the lobby is very much crowded.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear maximus_USA,

I offer my sincerest thanks for choosing Lotte World Hotel during your honeymoon as well as providing your kind thoughts on the stay.

It is lovely to hear that you and you and your wife had a great time and thanks for your compliments about our hotel. And I am deeply sorry about concierge service. I promise our entire employee of the hotel will work hard to come up to your expectation next time.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon.