“Huge Room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
Melbourne, Australia
“Huge Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was a surprise. I was expecting a small room, but this room was huge! As with most Asian countries, service was excellent, from front desk to concierge. No language barrier, and good reccommendations on where to visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Oxford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed here one night on a visa run from China.
Good, was upgraded to a suite on arrival, not sure if this was because I ask for a smoking room or due to Priority Club Platinum member, although I was not given access for the club lounge.
The hotel appeared to have a number of restaurants and a bar. I had some drinks and food in the bar, whilst this was very expensive, probably average for Seoul.
The suite was fantastic, free internet was provided and the bed very comfortable.
Left the hotel at 7am the concierge explained that I could get a shuttle bus to Inchon airport for about 15k won, the taxi from the same airport to the hotel was 77k won and took 2 hours due to traffic.
Did not try breakfast so cant comment.
All off the staff I encountered were excellent and spoke English.

The only downside was the cost for 1 night inc meal, drinks and one transfer was around 600k won, the room rate was 295K won.

Room Tip: The suites are fantastic
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Jimbaran, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Was treated very friendly by a capable and polite staff. They set me up in a great room at a great value. I got the club membership for the breakfast and evening drinks and snacks. The breakfast is absolutely fantastic, the evening drinks and snacks are great, you pour your own drinks from a great selection, the snacks are very good. The club pass is a great value. The spa is large and top notch very clean great full gym and pool as well

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Before booking hotels for our recent Seoul visit we narrowed it down to 2. This and the Fraser Insadong. So we eventually booked both. We were unsure of our choice because even though most T/A reviews were positive for here, some were bad. We should just have gone with our usual experience of I/C hotels. This hotel is just fine.

I have Ambassador so the room was upgraded. We booked a Club room anyway but were given a large room rather like a studio suite. We were on the 16th floor. The club lounge was being reworked so we were given free internet access, free breakfast in the resto below and access to refreshments at Blush bar. The breakfast would have been about 30 USdollars a day for each of us - as I signed a chit each morning - had we been paying. It was simply wonderful. As good as the breakfast in the I/C in Berlin. We didnt care for the Blush bar - but that was music choice related.

The decor is not bright as was pointed out by several contributors, but it was pretty much as seen in the Hotel website. It didnt depress or elate us. We found one hair in the bathroom on arrival, but I've had that so often at hotels now as to not let it phase me. Its worse in your dinner. The bathroom was large with a bidet. The location is handy for the subway and for Hyundai department store's food hall. The mall seems populated by upmarket fashionista teens. There are many dining options there from KFC up.

We had no complaints about the staff at all. All were polite and attentive.

The only criticism I would entertain about this hotel is the location. Central Seoul - and most of the tourist attractions - are at least 30 to 40 minutes subway ride away. If this hotel had been located in Insadong or Myeongdong it would have been perfect.

So in my experience this hotel is a 5 star experience.

Room Tip: High floors would be advantageous. Rooms at the rear of the hotel should afford a view to the Buddha...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Which means that it will cost you. $25/day for internet and the food looked very pricey. It's hard to reconcile a $30 noodle dinner when you can walk into the Coex Mall below and get a full bibimbap for $6 at one of dozens of little restaurants. (Or the Hyundai market- sushi rolls, $10 for $5!)

The staff was always friendly and went out of their way to chat or direct me anywhere I needed to go. Being attached to the Coex Mall, Samseong Metro stop, City Airport Tower and the convention center makes in incredibly convenient.

My room faced the north, with a view of the glass pyramid of the Coex mall and off in the distance, the Buddha at Bongeunsa Temple. The air conditioner doesn't go below 24 degrees celsius, which is lucky as friends at other convention area hotels had ac that could not go below 26 degrees. I travel alone and tend to end up in the end of the hallway handicap rooms (1603) . As such, mine had no tub, just a huge shower. There were bananas and apples left in the room each day.

Overall, a fine choice for a convention-goer not looking for a Korean experience, as it was just like any other hotel of similar brand and 5-star rating in any country. An even finer choice if you luck out and get this location from one of those hotel discounters.

Room Tip: Face north, I hear the rooms o the south are really sunny and hot.
Calgary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is quite Grand and the prices match. Wifi cost $25/day in the room. The free lobby wifi was unreliable. The buffet breakfast cost $44. The rooms are comfortable, but if you drop something under the sink you will find 1/2 an inch of dust. What bothered me the most was one evening when we returned from dinner around 8 pm. A celebrity and his body guards were in the lobby and were being solicited by a well done up lady and her male companion. To Ludicrous' credit he turned them away. Prostitution in the lobby was not what I bargained for when I signed up for a premier hotel.

The staff are very friendly especially the concierge desk. They helped us find street food, recommended great places to see, helped us with taxis, etc. We were grateful for their accurate advice as this was our first trip to Korea.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Rae010,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here for 7 nights on business in July 2012.

Getting to the hotel from Incheon airport is easy, the comfortable KAL limo buses run every 15 minutes and stop right outside (after some other stops), next time I would take the direct bus to the City Air Terminal which is no more than 3 minutes walk through the COEX mall to the hotel.

The hotel is in a great location, right above a subway station, and connected to COEX mall. There are plenty of restaurants in the mall, or within a short walk.

My first room was 1504, a good room facing the front of the hotel with floor to ceiling sloping glass windows - the problem was that it was very hot & even with the air con on maximum never got below 23 degrees. I spoke to reception and was told that the rooms with sloping glass were very difficult to cool because they got the sun all day.

I was moved across the corridor to 1505, which actually was a one bed suite facing the mall - and the large buddha at Bongeusa Temple. This turned out to be a lovely room, quiet, cool, and spacious.

I found the service, and food at the hotel to be first rate - although I mostly ate at local restaurants.

There is a great pool on the 3rd floor, a full 25 metres.

Going back to the airport I used the City Air Terminal & highly recommend it - no queues, and even better use of the crew security and immigration lines at Incheon.

I would stay here again if I needed to be in South Seoul.

Room Tip: Avoid the sloping front rooms on the 15th floor - they are too hot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas? Share your experiences!