The Grand Hyatt in Seoul is definitely a five-star hotel and it shows it. Definitely a place of luxury. From it's impressive entrance, it's hilltop location, and the grand lobby, to the ice-rink in front, the lavish restaurants, and exquisite sports facilities, this is a place to kick back and enjoy. A few points of note:
1) Breakfast buffet at "Terrace": One of the best buffet restaurants I have had the pleasure to try. Equal (if not slightly better due to its better layout) to that of Park Hyatt Seoul. The creative juices/smoothies are definitely worth a try! I would have expected a larger variety of cheeses, but the made-on-the-spot waffles, pancakes, and any kind of egg-dish did make up for it.
2) The gym "Olympus Club": The most comprehensive gym facility I've seen in a hotel. All aerobic equipment (treadmill, stationary bicycles, etc.) are equipped with a comprehensive entertainment suite which allows you to play games, walk along famous routes all over the world, or simply plug your smart device (both Android and iOS) and enjoy your own personal content while sweating away the breakfast you just had!
3) The indoor pool: Although I couldn't try it myself, the pool is big enough to accommodate several guests at once and allows one to swim, rather than just soak on the spot.
4) The view: We stayed in a room on the 9th floor, facing the Namsan mountain. Especially at night the light decoration of the hotel entrance, combined with the lights from the houses crawling up the side of the mountain and the Namsan Tower itself made up for a stunning view! I can imagine that the view toward Seoul would be equally impressive.
5) The service: The hotel staff really shines through when it comes to politeness and eagerness to help. From check-in to check-out, all our interactions with them were seamless. After our first night, we requested a humidifier since the air was quite dry, as well as a refill for the toiletries. We found both waiting for us when we returned to our room.
1) The room: Frankly speaking, this is a small room. We were in the basic double room (Deluxe) and we barely had space to move around. The design of the room is ergonomic and the ceiling-high mirrors gave an impression of space, but nevertheless for the price and 5-star credentials I would have expected a tad more.
2) The prices: Obviously, when staying in a 5-star hotel, you can not expect a bargain when it comes to in-hotel prices. However, some of the charges did seem ridiculous. The cheapest item on the lobby menu was tea, priced at 13000 KRW. Similarly, main dishes on the room service menu started from around 30000 KRW. Bottled water in the gym was sold at the price of ~8000 KRW.
3) False charges: A minor thing, that was resolved very quickly, at checkout I was presented with a bill that included a pay-per-view movie and 2 breakfast charges. Of course, we hadn't watched any pay-per-view movies and breakfast was included in the price of our room. After pointing this out to the hotel staff, they immediately corrected the bill and apologized for the mistake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Hyatt Seoul, in the heart of the nation’s capital, is set amidst 18 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens at the foot of historic Mt. Namsan. Commanding breathtaking views of the Han River to the south and Mt. Namsan to the north, the hotel is only minutes away from the downtown commercial district and within walking distance of Itaewon, one of the city’s renowned shopping areas. The hotel is 70 minutes away from Incheon International Airport, 50 minutes from Gimpo Domestic Airport, 20 minutes from the Samsung-dong business hub, with most all of the city’s key districts within close proximity to the hotel.Hotel accommodations include 601 contemporary, luxuriously designed rooms and suites, using a selection of natural woods and fabrics to create a comfortable, residential ambience. The hotel hosts The Spa and Club Olympus recreation centre, a sanctuary of calm offering spa treatments, indoor & outdoor pools, tennis & squash courts and an ice skating rink.As a “multi-functional lifestyle destination”, cuisine plays a focal role at Grand Hyatt Seoul. The hotel boasts some of Seoul’s most magnificent 11 restaurants and bars, each showcasing its unique style and authenticity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Grand Hyatt Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Seoul Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt Seoul
- Seoul Hyatt