“Above Average Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hilton Seoul

You added Grand Hilton Seoul to your Saves list
Grand Hilton Seoul
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   353, Yeonhui-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-710, South Korea   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #60 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Above Average Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2009

Grand Hilton Seoul is approximately 45 minutes from the airport. I took the airport shuttle from Incheon Airport and it was cheap and convenient. The bus stops across the road in front of the hotel. As the hotel is on a small hill, a hotel minivan waits at the bus-stop to ferry guests arriving from the airport up the hill to the hotel reception. That was a plus point.

Check-in was a breeze. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the conference/meeting rooms are in a separate building that is linked via the upper level.

I wished that the rooms were better. The bed was too soft and springy; the pillows were not firm. Toiletries that were usually present in the other Hilton Hotels were sorely missed. Signs of wear and tear were noticeable on the furniture and bathroom.

I was on the executive floor so I had breakfast in the executive lounge every morning. A very limited variety of food and the sitting area was small too. Evening cocktails were really average with limited choices.

The hotel is a distance from town but there is a free shuttle service on the hour that drops guests at various location. The final destination is Itaewon.

On the whole, the experience here was acceptable. I would try other hotels if I come to Seoul again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
Dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

In itself, the hotel is like any other 5 star hotel.... the location of the hotel is walking distance to the business district, the best thing for me though, was its proximity to a small bar leading up to the hotel (dont remember the name..but it served great bar snacks and played good music). Recommended for business but would not go back if visiting seoul on leisure

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

followed my wife on business for the weekend. we stayed here since it was close to her work, however, in hindsight, we wish that we had stayed at a different place.

the hotel feels older like an 80s hotel (lots of brass, gold, etc.) that had yet to be updated. the rooms were sufficient. we stayed on the executive floor (13th floor, i think), and the executive lounge was pathetic (although, the clerk servicing it was very nice).

they do have a nice gym on the basement floor with free weights and a lot of space.

overall, i didn't have a horrible experience, but probably would choose to stay elsewere on my return to seoul.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

I booked 2 rooms with an online site, arriving that evening. We phoned the hotel for directions after dinner in another area of Seoul. They couldn't find our reservation; we had a Korean friend phone so language was not the issue. Worse yet, they said they were full. After a second call got the same result, we went to an internet cafe and printed out the confirmation of the reservation, then took a cab to the hotel.

The hotel seemed to be quite a long way from downtown, but the ride itself was not overpriced. The lobby is very impressive and large, with an adjoining convention centre -- open, sparkling clean and very very nice. At the check-in, I gave my name and presented the reservation print-out, without mentioning that we had already phoned. The staff person typed in my name but did not indicate any difficulty to me; she simply went over to two co-workers, who both looked at the paper and the computer, and spoke quietly among themselves. Then the ever so professional and polite receptionist informed me, in English, that they couldn't find my reservation but they would give us the 2 rooms -- side by side no less! -- and worry about dealing with the online reservation company in the morning! Yes, we were impressed with how that was handled, although not sure why the person on the phone had been much less helpful.
We checked into the two rooms, which were very nice. The beds felt a bit hard but we had a very comfortable sleep. The rooms were clean and the decor was attractive. The washrooms were a good size. We had a small balcony. In short, excellent rooms.
We sat in the main floor lounge on sofas for a hour or two. Drinks were a bit over-priced, I thought, but there was entertainment -- 2 singers, one who played the piano. We signed the lounge bill to our room.
The lower level has a huge pool. It was immaculately clean. There were also restaurants serving buffet breakfast as well as a coffee shop -- both were expensive. However, there was also a bakery with very reasonably priced croissants and other breakfast pastries and desserts, which we enjoyed for breakfast along with the coffee and tea provided in our room. The only strange thing about the hotel was the display of toiletries and grooming supplies -- toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, etc. -- which were for sale, along with the snacks and drinks in the mini bar. Standard amenities like shampoo and soap were included for free in the bathroom. Just the same, most hotels I've stayed in provide the "for sale" items to guests without charge, if you forget to pack something.
Check out was at noon. We had no trouble catching a cab outside the hotel when we left. And the lost reservation? They still hadn't located it or been able to contact the well-known online reservation company when we checked out, but they only processed my credit card for the lounge drinks. Yes, of course they had my card on record, probably with a hold on it for the room, but they didn't make an issue of "paying" for the room. Front desk simply indicated they were sure they'd be able to contact the reservation company after the weekend was over, and they would straighten it out. Kudso to the front desk staff --They really knew how to handle this issue professionally without making us feel unwelcome or worried. Days later I checked online and my card had been charged by the reservation company, and the only hotel charges were from the lounge.
Overall, clean, comfortable, modern, great, relaxing, enjoyable overnight at this hotel. If I was there again, I might look for something closer to the shopping area, but cab rides aren't expensive, and it provided an opportunity to see a bit more of Seoul during the drive.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

I stayed at this hotel for leisure and there are some reasons about the hotel...

Room:
Beds are nice, enough for four people to sleep in. There is a pantry for an additional charge to the room includes snacks, dental care, drinks, even movies. The bathroom has been cleaned every day from the spectacular staff in the hotel. The staff was helpful!

Overall: Pretty good for the family of two-four in a room. I would highly recommend when there is a family of four or more should book two rooms at a time. I probably go back again for more views and attractions in the life of Korea.

• Liked — Location, staff, atrium lobby, lower hotel rates
  • Disliked — Busy hotels, crowded rooms.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
heerhugowaard
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

Um... dont want to stay here again. Nice hotel, good decor. Service was good too. BUT.......You had to even pay for toothbrush and toothpaste. I have never in my life had to pay for basic room amenities even if i stayed at a 3 star hotel. Apart from that, it is difficult to call for taxis. the concierge wasnt very helpful and also the bell boy was useless. They should really reassess this hotel and drop it by a few stars. Really aint no 5 star hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

I would have stayed here longer, great room on the executive floor, very helpful staff, wonderful view of countryside, etc. The swimming pool is the largest I have experienced at any other hotel. There is a walking/jogging path along the urban park. Or you can climb/walk the nearby mountain or seemed that high when I got up there. Koreans probably think of it as just a hill. About 15 minute walk to nearest subway station which I got tired of making late at night. So I moved to Millennium Hilton downtown Seoul closer to my interests.

• Stayed March 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Grand Hilton Seoul? Share your experiences!