“Okay and newly renovated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Hilton Seoul

You added Grand Hilton Seoul to your Saves list
Grand Hilton Seoul
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   353, Yeonhui-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-710, South Korea   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #60 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Berlin
“Okay and newly renovated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is a normal Hilton hotel which just got newly refurbished. The rooms are okay a bit to dark for me. Good thing you can open the window. Otherwise the hotel has a shuttle bus to the city center, which tells you it's somewhere not in the city center. About a 20-25 minute ride. There is no wifi throughout the hotel, today's number 1 basic feature?!?! The gym has operating hours that will not really work for international travelers, I really hope there will be 24 hour access soon. So it's okay basically

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Grand Hilton Seoul

73rd SKÅL WORLD CONGRESS Farewell Party.

GM shouting at the guests didn't go down well! Fruit punch on arrival....sweet yuuuck! We used to serve those to group arrivals at c/in. We were kept waiting/standing outside so the natural inclination was to then sit down and talk once we were inside. The USA contingent wanted a beer -no have! But was brought in later after the red wine ran out. White wine...no have!

When I was catering in my convention centre (PEACH) we catered to the audience (International) not 3 stations of Korean food. No salads, no carving station, no pasta station etc etc. the food also like the wine ran out....

And the lay-out of the room? Strange to put everyone at the BACK of the room and the stage at the FRONT! Club sandwich at the Hyatt was good after I got back to my hotel!

• Stayed October 2012
Thaialnd
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

On 6 Oct 2012, I attended Skål World Congress 2012 farewell party, but the quality of food and service was very poor. Food was not enough for all the guests. Wine also finished nearly one hour before the party finish. And General Manager shouted to the guests in the party!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Grand Hilton Seoul is a fine business hotel. The Hongje station is within walking distance but not independently verifiable by me since I was closeted in the hotel for most of my 36 hours in Seoul by the typhoon. The property is on a hillside and surrounded by pines. Very nice if you're at a convention at the hotel's convention facilities, but not so great if you need to be close to central Seoul; Myeongdong for example is about 30 mins away by cab.

The rooms are clean, well-appointed and the beds are Hilton-comfortable. The floors are clean and I was happy padding about barefoot; I am picky about the "floor-feel" of hotels that I stay at. This one did not leave me with a feeling that I had just journeyed many a mile along a dusty country lane. There is wired internet in the room for about $19 for 24 hours. You can rent a wireless modem for use in your room if you need wifi. There are thoughtfully laid out power sockets, AV sockets, HDMI sockets and 3.5mm sockets right next to the work desk just in case you wanted to play movies from a laptop or player that you brought along with you. I liked that the tap water in Seoul is safe to drink. That is no common pleasure to not have to depend on bottled water for hydration.

I had the breakfast both days and it was ok. I'm sure a better breakfast is to be had anywhere in Seoul which has a vibrant street food culture.

A solid choice for a business trip and close to Yonsei University where I had business.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had stayed at the Grand Hilton many times, but not for a few years. I had lost my gold status with Hilton, but while I was in Seoul with my family, I stayed here with a rate that included breakfast. The room we stayed in was a standard room which was newly renovated. I found the renovations tastefully done as I prefer a large standup shower versus an older bath shower combination.

The bed was reasonably comfortable but still firmer than a north american hilton bed.

Location is fine for me, though if you are walking and taking the subway, you have a bit of hike up the hill. I think there is a shuttle bus that takes you around the area, to the main downtown area and Itaewon as well.

The breakfast was very good. I was not able to use the executive lounge this time around so I cannot comment. Service is professional and the hotel did not appear busy while I was there.

Foreign flight crews use this hotel as well.

While it will never be my main hotel when I visit Seoul, it is a hotel that I would consider staying in. I would recommend this hotel if you are not too concerned about the location for first time visitors.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Adrian, Michigan
1,514 reviews 1,514 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I am a Diamond member of Hilton so I have stayed in many Hilton properties. This particular Hilton is one of the better ones in Asia by my estimation. This was my third stay at this hotel and I found this occasion as agreeable as the others. The location is not as convenient as some other hotels in Seoul but the facilities are very, very nice. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The amenities have always worked well for me each time I have stayed. And the price is very attractive for this type of property. The staff are friendly and helpful which always helps to make a pleasant stay. The breakfast buffet is very good and will give you a good start to the day. The only slight negative is that there are not many options for restaurants within walking distance. It is also not an easy place to get to from Incheon using the normal transportation options. You can use the combination of train/subway but it is a bit of a walk from the nearest station. There is also the option of taking the train to Seoul Station and then a taxi (very inexpensive in Seoul). I would recommend this facility if you don't mind staying slightly out of the Seoul mainstream.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We have just completed a very nice stay at the Grand Hilton Seoul. Upon arrival, we were asked to go to the Exec Lounge to check in and we were fortunate to meet the lovely Sunny. When I asked politely about an upgrade, Sunny moved us to a King Deluxe Suite. This "suite" is just a larger room, but we appreciated the gesture.

Sunny's English was impeccable and she provided plenty of useful and practical advice - e.g. "Don't bother with a tour; you can easily do it yourself and save some money." She also suggested a nearby restaurant frequented by locals.

Due to the hourly hotel shuttle, we found the hotel location to be very convenient. The entire staff were friendly and eager to please. On our first morning at breakfast, we saw "the inspector" enter the Exec Lounge, and he carefully inspected all the food and made sure everything was in order. He turned out to be the Assistant Exec. Manager (Mr. Cheeseman) and we had a pleasant chat.

Mr. Cheeseman said that the hotel had just been completely renovated because customers were complaining that the rooms were tired. He said that his new focus is to improve customer service, and from my perspective, the hotel is definitely on the right track.

On my last morning, I asked one of the Exec Lounge staff where she got her haircut because I liked her hairstyle. Nicole promptly made an appointment for me with her stylist. She also accompanied me downstairs to explain to the taxi driver exactly where to take me. Once I arrived at the hair salon, the stylist wasn't sure what I wanted. I whipped out a Grand Hilton Seoul business card and the stylist called the hotel to speak to Nicole, who took a photo of herself with her cell phone and sent it to the stylist. Impressive use of technology!

I also enjoyed the hotel spa with both a wet and dry sauna. There were also three soaking pools - hot, warm, and cold. The place was frequented by many locals. The first evening I wore my bathing suit and felt very out of place. The second night I made sure I fit in by wearing only my birthday suit.

The Grand Hilton Seoul would definitely be my "hotel of choice" when I return to Seoul.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hilton Seoul? Share your experiences!