“The Perfect place to Stay in Seoul” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Insadong

Save Saved
You added Fraser Suites Insadong to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Insadong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   272 Nakwon-dong Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-320, South Korea (Formerly Fraser Suites Seoul)   |
Ranked #36 of 387 hotels in Seoul
Adelaide, Australia
“The Perfect place to Stay in Seoul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was without a doubt a great place too stay. We booked 4 nights at Fraser Suites and before we even arrived, I received a mail from Sue asking when I was expecting to arrive. For me this was ideal, as I always wonder if my reservation is confirmed. The Suites is situated about 2 minute walk from Jongno 3 exit 5 station which had direct access to Gimpo Airport. We had a huge 2 bedroom Apartment that offered us a perfect view of Seoul Tower at night. The staff were polite and very helpful and the area was perfect. It had everything and it was easy to walk to a lot of places from here. If I head back to Seoul i wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Korean first
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The check-in process was quick and front desk staff was always very polite, respectful and friendly. They even upgraded which was excellent! The radio was playing nicely as we entered the suite.

Room wise the size was spacious, and not overly luxurious but still has nice touches. The kitchen had fully equipped cooking and eating utensils, plus a washing machine cum dryer. Out balcony was huge with a stunning view of Seoul and facing the Seoul Tower. Bed was a little hard but still great sleep every night! We wanted to use the facilities such as gym, sauna and pool as well but we simply had no time. The hotel was a walking distance away from main attractions such as Changdeokgung, Gwanghwamun, Gyeongbukgung, Bukchon Hanok Village, Myeongdong, Dongdaemun and the city stream. Insadong itself is also a nice and enjoyable area with a good array of shops and eating places.

We did had to pay 40,000 won for wifi in our room, and also the air-con was literally not working! Try as we might we couldn't lower the temperature so our room was always rather warm. Overall still a fabulous stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
O'Fallon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a very nice hotel located in a perfect location. It is located right next to the Insadong shopping area and is not too far from the subway station. They also provide a bi-weekly shuttle to the Namdaeum Market and Lotte Mart. The Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung palaces are a 15 - 20 minute walk away. There are a ton of restaurants located within walking distance as well.

We had a 3 bedroom suite which was like a small apartment. Service overall was excellent and all of the staff was extremely nice and helpful. Heck, we couldn't get past the front desk without a friendly hello from the staff.

One of the nicer touches was that they had the stereo on in our room upon our arrival and it was set to Armed Forces radio. After the 17+ hour flight and hour plus car ride to the hotel, it was a nice way of welcoming us to our 'home' for the next week.

One minor negative - As it was explained to me, wifi is available for a fee and is only available in the lobby area or the 3 bedroom suites. I would have thought it would be available throughout the facility at no cost.

I would recommend this hotel and hope to be able to stay there during future visits.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was my second stay at the Fraser Suites Insadong. My previous review was posted on November 12, 2012. I can reconfirm everything I mentioned in that review. Except that I booked the hotel directly on their website as I wanted to use my Fraser World Member Card, which afforded me certain amenities, among other things free wifi for 2 devices as opposed to one and free breakfast. Upon checking in, I was advised that they do not accept the card, because they are under new management. I was somewhat confused since it said Fraser Suites on the wall, but yet they were a different management. Confusing, especially since it does not say this anywhere on the website. That would be a good place for disclosure. After a long discussion, the manager allowed for 2 wifi passwords. I thank him for a good management decision, since this was not disclosed prior. I was there for 7 nights. Breakfast was not important for me, but wifi was. The lobby was also remodeled and modernized, but thick white leather couches in Seoul when it is freezing in the winter. I don't think I will be sitting on them. During this trip, the steam room did not work the entire time I was there,. The dry sauna did work, but the whirlpool was suppose to work after 7 pm, but never did. I hope new management does not mean cutting corners, because the Fraser Suites Insadong is in a great location if you are looking for a suite type hotel.

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing N Seoul Tower
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a perfect apartment where you can maintain your independence with ease. Good spot to Navigate Seoul from with all the amenities needed.

Two very good 711's within 2 minutes walk and subway station closeby. Good for the tourist who wishes to see the historical sites of Seoul. There is also a shuttle bus that if you are the holder of a CostCo card you can go and pick up supplies from memory on a weekly basis.

Staff are very helpful in directions to post offices, historical sites and writing addresses for taxi drivers when returning from a shopping expedition. They are very accommodating and helpful with all requests.

The only slight downside was the washer/dryer - in the humidity it really doesn't work to well for large amounts of washing. The airer must be used and sometimes it makes it feel too much like home.

Highly recommended for those relocating for medium / long stay work or those wishing to base themselves in Seoul and wish to be in a self-contained apartment. Breakfast is reasonably priced and is good for those early morning starts and long days of sightseeing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from overpass side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Croissy-sur-Seine, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I went there on my own to share a 2-bed managed hotel-appart with my parents and had a great time. The location is perfect - slap-bang in the middle of the tourist area of Insadong; 7eleven is 1 minute from the front door, the first Insadong art gallery is the same distance, and it's about 5 minutes to the heart of the Insadong action!

+ Rooftop golf driving range was a laugh.
+ Reception is gorgeous
+ Room was large with decent kitchen facilities.
+ All the sauna / pool was great except for the steam room, which didn't seem to work.
+ Apparently (according to my fellow travellers) the restaurant in the hotel was great.
+ There's a good Coffee Bean café at ground level too...

- Room decor was very outdated
- Air-con did not seem to work for heating purposes
- Buffet breakfast very average, and a bit pricey for what it was.
- Ventilation to the bathrooms was poor.

As others have said, the best bus is the 6011 from the airport; takes about 1hr and costs a fair bit, but way less than a cab. Caution going back to the airport - I managed to get on a 6011 at the right time going to grab my flight, but a few people at the back of the queue got turned away due to lack of luggage space. Allow the possibility that you may have to wait for the following bus in your planning....

All in all - strategically, a great place to spend a week in Seoul.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
austin, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom/2bath on the 21 floor and it was spacious with an enclosed balcony with a view of Seoul Tower. Interior room was much larger than I expected with a generous living room, dining area, office desk and separate kitchen with washer and dryer room. Kitchen had everything you might need but we ate out as often as possible.

For the Americans, McDonalds and Dunkin Doughnuts are a few blocks away if you are getting homesick.

I did not use the indoor pool but did take a quick peek and looked clean and well maintained.

Travelling in other countries the mattress situation varies and although less plush than normal it was comfortable. Daily housekeeping was a plus and they come ask for laundry picks up each morning. Our room was clean and spacious with great views. Obviously the higher up you can get facing the Seoul Tower, the better.

I did have breakfast there on the last morning of our 8 night stay and it was not bad nor was it stellar. Multiple options of local and western breakfast items.

Room Tip: As high a floor as possible facing the Seoul Tower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Fraser Suites Insadong? Share your experiences!