“Living away from home” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fraser Suites Insadong

You added Fraser Suites Insadong to your Saves list
Fraser Suites Insadong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18, Insadong 4-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-320, South Korea (Formerly Fraser Suites Seoul) (Gwanghwamun / Jongno)   |
Ranked #62 of 421 Hotels in Seoul
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Living away from home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is a perfect apartment where you can maintain your independence with ease. Good spot to Navigate Seoul from with all the amenities needed.

Two very good 711's within 2 minutes walk and subway station closeby. Good for the tourist who wishes to see the historical sites of Seoul. There is also a shuttle bus that if you are the holder of a CostCo card you can go and pick up supplies from memory on a weekly basis.

Staff are very helpful in directions to post offices, historical sites and writing addresses for taxi drivers when returning from a shopping expedition. They are very accommodating and helpful with all requests.

The only slight downside was the washer/dryer - in the humidity it really doesn't work to well for large amounts of washing. The airer must be used and sometimes it makes it feel too much like home.

Highly recommended for those relocating for medium / long stay work or those wishing to base themselves in Seoul and wish to be in a self-contained apartment. Breakfast is reasonably priced and is good for those early morning starts and long days of sightseeing.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from overpass side.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Croissy-sur-Seine, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I went there on my own to share a 2-bed managed hotel-appart with my parents and had a great time. The location is perfect - slap-bang in the middle of the tourist area of Insadong; 7eleven is 1 minute from the front door, the first Insadong art gallery is the same distance, and it's about 5 minutes to the heart of the Insadong action!

+ Rooftop golf driving range was a laugh.
+ Reception is gorgeous
+ Room was large with decent kitchen facilities.
+ All the sauna / pool was great except for the steam room, which didn't seem to work.
+ Apparently (according to my fellow travellers) the restaurant in the hotel was great.
+ There's a good Coffee Bean café at ground level too...

- Room decor was very outdated
- Air-con did not seem to work for heating purposes
- Buffet breakfast very average, and a bit pricey for what it was.
- Ventilation to the bathrooms was poor.

As others have said, the best bus is the 6011 from the airport; takes about 1hr and costs a fair bit, but way less than a cab. Caution going back to the airport - I managed to get on a 6011 at the right time going to grab my flight, but a few people at the back of the queue got turned away due to lack of luggage space. Allow the possibility that you may have to wait for the following bus in your planning....

All in all - strategically, a great place to spend a week in Seoul.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
austin, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom/2bath on the 21 floor and it was spacious with an enclosed balcony with a view of Seoul Tower. Interior room was much larger than I expected with a generous living room, dining area, office desk and separate kitchen with washer and dryer room. Kitchen had everything you might need but we ate out as often as possible.

For the Americans, McDonalds and Dunkin Doughnuts are a few blocks away if you are getting homesick.

I did not use the indoor pool but did take a quick peek and looked clean and well maintained.

Travelling in other countries the mattress situation varies and although less plush than normal it was comfortable. Daily housekeeping was a plus and they come ask for laundry picks up each morning. Our room was clean and spacious with great views. Obviously the higher up you can get facing the Seoul Tower, the better.

I did have breakfast there on the last morning of our 8 night stay and it was not bad nor was it stellar. Multiple options of local and western breakfast items.

Room Tip: As high a floor as possible facing the Seoul Tower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

I just returned from my stay at fraser suites and I must say I am a happy customer and would definitely return! The location is great as it's near to Jongno-3 and Anguk. I took airport bus 6002 to the hotel but found that it's more convenient to take 6011 instead so I chose that for my departure. The airport bus is really convenient despite us traveling with a 2.5 yo kid, stroller and two big luggages. Housekeeping service is everyday (I was worried initially that it wouldn't be that frequent) except for Sunday. No complaints with the room and facilities. Paid 40,000 won for wifi for a 5-night stay. Insadong is a great location, not too busy and there are a few gd restaurants - bonjuk, a shop in one of the lanes that sell wonderful gyoza. There is also a traditional BBQ restaurant just opposite Jongno 3 station and food is yummy!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very nice and easy location, surrounded by unique shops and food stalls.
Was a girls' hen do for my friend. spacious 2 bedroom flats, you got it all.
recommended for family or group of friends.
the only thing is - for the stay, wont have no staff cleaning the room. maybe that is the norm for place like a service apartment.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Got 4 bedroom flat on the 8th floor. 3 adutls and 3 boys. It has a lot to offer for family with kids. - it has young kids play room, gym for adults, two different swimming pool - one big pool and one pool for toddlers. and one spa pool. good sauna. It also offers movie day for kids once a month and had other activities. Very friendly and helpful. I love Insadong - its only 1-2 min walk to Insadong shopping district. and 15-20 min walk to other major shopping district such as Myung Dong or Lotte department store. Lots of great place to eat nearby. Easy to get subway or taxi to other places. We loved it. Only downside for this place is how uncomfortable bed is! kids were okay. But my husband suffered really bad backache. I was going to give 3 stars because of bed but everything else was so good......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I struggled with whether or not to give Fraser Suites 4 or 5 stars. This is an excellent facility that is perfectly located in Seoul close to every attraction you could want to see in Seoul, not to mention the myriad of shops and restaurants literally right outside the door. However, there were things about Fraser Suites that also frustrate me with other hotels in the same price range such as having to pay for breakfast and internet. We stayed at youth hostels before checking into Fraser that at least offered us toast and coffee in the morning as well as free internet. I just find it mind-boggling that you have to pay for internet in this day and age. Not only that, but if you do pay for internet at Fraser, it is for only one device! Crazy. What tipped the scales for me to give Fraser 5 starts is their service. We arrived early because we had to check out of our previous hotel and Fraser was happy to store our luggage securely and told us to check back around 2pm. When we checked back at 2, our room was still not ready so we waited in the lobby. The receptionist who was helping us got us checked in 20 minutes later and to our surprise gave us a complimentary upgrade. Our room was beyond anything we expected. We had been backpacking around Korea for a week and had endured the most modest of accommodations so when we stepped into our deluxe suite, I couldn't stop jumping for joy! Beautiful two bedroom corner suite with living room, dining room, fully equipped kitchen and panoramic views of downtown Seoul. It was heaven. We did have to pay for internet but again, he gave us access for two devices at a discount because we were staying for multiple days. Breakfast, well, we were on our own but since we had a fully equipped kitchen we were happy to buy stuff from the 7-11 across the street for cheap eats in the morning. We spent so much time walking around Seoul so I was more than happy to take advantage of the spa. Wet/dry saunas, hot/cold jet baths and a nice sized pool. I did not get to use the gym but I did have a look and it was quite impressive with lots of different equipment. We used the washer/dryer machine in the room but it was a little confusing and had to dry some things on a rack but just having access to a washer/dryer was very nice and we did eventually figure it out (but it did take a long time to dry). The staff at the desk also helped us with postage for postcards, getting a cab to Seoul Station (a black cab cost just under $7!) and just generally being extremely helpful and pleasant. It is truly their customer service that tipped the scales for me and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple