“as good as it's your expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul

You added The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   120 Bongeunsa-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-907, South Korea (Gangnam / Nonhyeon / Yeoksam)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Enjoy Summer with You
Ranked #19 of 421 Hotels in Seoul
“as good as it's your expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

It's a very nice and well equipted hotel. During my 5 day stay, they updated us to a suite, due to shower seal is leaking. And with bottle of wine to say they were sorry. The service at the hotel was excellent, the facility is a little bit old though. The hotel is located in Gangnam area, it's very convenient and close to Subway and shopping areas...

it's was a very pleasent stay!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bryan Y, 세일즈 디렉터 at The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for extending comment and I am pleased that you had pleasant stay with us. We will do best to reduce such defects you experienced and make an effort to go above your expection.

Again, I appreciated on your precious feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

An oasis after spending a few days in a ger camp in Mongolia. The service is typical Ritz....understated, and elegant. Convenient location that did not have a lot of tourists staying there. Rooms are beautiful as were the common areas. The on premise dining options were first rate...not typical hotel fare.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryan Y, Director of Sales at The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for prividing good comment on The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul and we, all our ladies and gentlemen will keep putting effort to meet expected and even unexptected wishes & needs of our guest anytime.

I look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Seoul.

Bugis, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

As I expected this trip to be centred in the Gangnam area, I chose a hotel here and I was very glad to have chosen Ritz Carlton. Upon check-in the staff were polite and although I arrived in the morning, they had a room ready for me, according to my requests for a high floor and extra pillows.
The bellhop who brought me to the room asked if the temperature was alright and I remarked it was a tad warm, they kept the room at a cooler temperature for me after that. I prefer cooler rooms and in Seoul during winter, it's almost impossible to have a room in a temperature I want. The thermostat is adjustable but they had the consideration to remember the little detail. Some hotels change the temperature after I leave the room for the day's activities.
If there's anything I didn't like, as I was on the club floor, breakfast was in the lounge, the choice available was rather disappointing.
The subway station is a short walk away and easy to find.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Bryan Y, 세일즈 디렉터 at The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for extending your precious experience with us and I am sure your feedback
will be shared with all of our ladies and gentlemen to improve and provide finest personalized service to all our guests.

Once again, I much appreciated on your commet and looking forward to hosting you
in the near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is on a steep slope in Gangnam. It isnt a very busy hotel as it is not a favourite with tourists, so it is very relaxed at the reception. The staff are first class. Breakfast is fabulous. Decor is "old world" which is very classy. You feel that you are getting what you are paying for. 5 minutes walk away is the Gangnam food street which is filled with all kinds of restaurants. This is a must-visit area. Really cool!!! Theres a subway station 5 minutes walk away too. Its so easy and convenient to travel the city via subway from here.

• Stayed March 2012
Bryan Y, Director of Sales at The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the compliment and precise explanation of us.
We will continue to improve our service to meet your needs and expectation.

We really appreciated on your precious comment and look forward to seeing you
again in the near future.

san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the Ritz one year later. Our first time was not that pleasant because of gym renovation, and unexpected heat in November. I was not happy so I informed management of those issues. The end result? The Ritz C. Seoul, went out of their way to make sure I was satisfied during this year's visit. I was very impressed how he handled the situation. They are working very hard to become a better Ritz. Two things I like to comment about Seoul's hotels. It's very difficult to find a brand new hotel, Seoul is very much like Europe when it comes hotel rooms. Seoul may appear to be modern with all its flashy LEDs, but its not compared to the USA. I stayed at the Ritz because there is a public airport shuttle that drops you off at the Ritz. It's also in Gangnam. The Ritz staff is very professional, helpful, polite, and accomodating. Try to find that at other hotels in Seoul. The new gym is big, and has brand new equipment. The neighborhood around the Ritz has a lot of diversity for eating. There is even a Jamba Juice down the street. IMO, its tough to find a better hotel in Gangnam than the Ritz. I'll defintely be back. Oh yeah, the black cabs outside the Ritz are a little more expensive because the are suppose to drive slower for the customer comfort. I do not recommend them unless you are paranoid traveler. Taking Cabs and eating Korean food are really cheap compared to other cities. I gave the Ritz 5***** because they were very accommodating to me in a city that does not speak English as a second language.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marc H, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind comments.
And thank you very much for returning to our hotel.
We will continue to improve our services and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Marc
Seoul, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stayed here in this Feb before I moved to Korea because of my work. The room I stayed was really clean, and a design was very traditional. The room and hall were really quiet though it was located in Gangnam. Front desk staffs were really friendly and tried to help me out whenever I asked questions. However, it was located in Gangman so there was always a trafic jam. I took a taxi in the first time whenever I went to a meeting but I chose a subway after 2 days of experiences of the traffic jam. Also there were always lots of people in the street, and I could see lots of drunkedn people at night. Though I loved the hotel, I do not want to stay at this hotel or near this area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Marc H, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments.
Yes, there was more traffic than usual due to a subway construction.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With best regards,
Marc
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The first thing to note is that ICN airport is quite a distance from the centre of Seoul, we'd booked a car through the hotel and it was waiting for us at the Arrivals gate. The journey from the airport takes around 75 minutes, not sure of the public transport options but there are 3 tube stations near the hotel.
This was my first stay at Ritz-Carlton and it lived up to my brand expectations. From being greeted upon arrival at the car door and checked in, in my room, it was a flawless stay.
The room was a suite on the 12th floor with a good sized Living Room and large Bedroom. The Bathroom was divided by glass walls with toilet (heated seat) and then shower and bath; two wash hand basins. Ritz-Carlton has their own branded toiletries which did smell a little cheap and over perfumed. The bed was exquisite and the views from the room breath taking.
This was a Club Level room so had access to the Club Lounge on the 15th floor. This was a good size with an excellent food offering. Be warned they stop serving alcohol at 8pm even though the Lounge is open until 10pm.
The staff throughout the stay were polite and knowledgeable and went the extra mile to ensure that my stay was memorable. Based on this experience I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bryan Y, Director of Sales at The Ritz-Carlton, Seoul, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you very much for providing such a clear and concrete comments.
These are very helpful to understand on what we are doing good or not.
Again, I really appreciated on your precious time to share your experience and
looking forward to "let us stay with you" in your next visit.