“Quiet and excellent service” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   87 Sogong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul 100-070, South Korea   |
Ranked #17 of 396 Hotels in Seoul
4.5 of 5 stars 1,259 Reviews
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Quiet and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Excellent central location which makes eating, shopping and strolling easy particularly if you have only the evenings to do that. All that you expect from a five star hotel - the toiletries in particular are great and a swim in their rooftop pool at night with a view of the night sky through the glass roof was special.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us
Thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.
We, all our Westin Chosun, Seoul, associates are truly welcoming you back again we will do our best so that you would feel home away from home .

Carol Choi / Service Express Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very nice hotel in central Seoul, right next to City Hall. The room was good, the staff were friendly, there were 5-6 restaurants with the breakfast having a great selection & being very accommodating for kids. The location is good, approx. 10 minutes walk to a range of restaurants, and just above an underground mall.

The staff were very helpful when asked, but not overbearing. Got a great recommendation for a local Korean BBQ restaurant close by from the information desk.

The star of the hotel is the spa complex, which contained a pool, gym and separate men's & women's spa, which contained a sauna, steam room, three different temperature large spa baths & Korean & Western showers. The pool is open to kids, while the spa is only open to adults. Its worth knowing that almost everyone in the spa wears no clothes, so don't be surprised

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by your nice comment.

hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Westin Chosun Seoul, Nothing you can say except the best and excellent. The location is perfect for vistor and business. The hotel stand on the quiet street where next to the most shoppers paradise -Meongdoun area (all the cosmetic and shopping and food), it also next to the major metro station where you can travel to anywhere in Seoul or take the KTX to outside Seoul areas. The restaurant is not as great, but there are alot of choice near by for you to choose. The room facilities is great and clean and tidy. All staff are helpful and with good english skill to communicate with someone like me who dont know Korean language at all.
All the airport bus will take you to-and-from right at the hotel door which save the time and $$.

Room Tip: higher floor is better view and the the one near the lift lobby may be a bit noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Carol C, Manager at The Westin Chosun Seoul, responded to this review, October 29, 2013

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Had the chance to stay in two major business hotels in Seoul back to back to compare the Westin Chosun with the other favourite gangbuk hotel the grand Hyatt. See my grand Hyatt comparison.
I am platinum tier at SPG and diamond tier at Hyatt.

Location
The Westin Chosun has the best business location in the CBD in Seoul period. No contest. If you have business in northern Seoul near the CBD this is as good as it gets. For an added bonus the hotel is next to the landmark lotte department store and myungdong so for both dining and entertainment by foot chosun is great.

Check in
At the door was led to main check reception despite me mentioning that I was platinum tier - which should have triggered check in at the executive lounge on the 20th floor. The reception person had to be prompted for an explanation of my platinum benefits. Off the bat the westin will not receive a five star. Sorry.

Room.
The rooms are spacious by Seoul standards and I received a high floor room with a nice view overlooking the heavens temple. The refurbishment has made the room very modern. Even has a newspaper arrived electronic signal in the morning. The welcome maccaron was a nice touch. Disappointed not to receive a personal welcome note from hotel which is par for course at this level. The heavenly bad was very good.

Generally Korean five star hotel service levels are very high. Particulary the thirty minute turn around time on the complimentary shoe polishing was outstanding and one of the best shoe polishes ever.

Executive lounge
Big improvement over the old lounges which were dispersed across two floors. On top floor. Best view of the house. Even though it is blocked by several other buildings. One of the better lounge food selection in the industry today.

City athletics club. CAC health club.
Fantastic. The best hotel fitness centre I have been to around the world. Very spacious with plenty of state of the art equipment. Like common practice in high quality standard Korea workout kit is complimentary. Nice touch.

Baggage storage
Took a long time to find my luggage. Surprising. Would have been okay service standards in the US but frankly my expectations are much higher for the westin chosun than an American five star hotel

All in this hotels deserves the reputation of being one of the best business hotels in Seoul. However, a few minor service faults and it's non participation of the SPG double point promotion makes me give this establishment a five star.

I have stayed here several times and will probably come back due to its location but as my account of the grand Hyatt will tell. Westin Chosun has competition and for someone who is familiar with Seoul as I am. The Westin despite all of its strengths is not a slam dunk.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and we are impressed of your nice comment.
Thank you so much for your compliment and we are encouraged by you.

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Westin Chosun is in the "old town" of Seoul -- close to the city hall (very interesting structure) and the Palace. You could walk to and from the tourist areas in comfort. It is also very close to the night market, which proved to be very interesting for me (even if I am not quite interested in shopping). In terms of being in a touristy location, this was very good, but getting to and from Gangnam-ku where my meetings were took me one hour each way.

Service was topnotch at the hotel, and staff spoke very good English. They were especially courteous and helpful, and I was really impressed!

I arrived at 9 in the morning and had previously requested for an early check-in. Unfortunately, even with my SPG gold status, they couldn't get me my room right away, and they got me into my room at 1030 AM (not bad really, but if you were tired after a long and tiring flight, you would be getting impatient too). I had drinks at the Circles cafe instead (no breakfast food there), although I could have gone to the Starbucks just outside the hotel. I would do that next time.

The room was really comfortable and clean. It had a good coffee machine serving Starbucks coffee (Koreans love their coffee, you would soon notice) with the standard top-notch amenities of a Westin room. The room was everything I would have expected from a Westin SPG floor. If the room had great unobstructed views, I would have been raving.

The hotel is oddly shaped that you could get to your room turning right or left from the elevator lobby. That got me confused several times, but I got the pattern in the end.

Since I was staying at a Club room, I got access to the Club where I could have a more quiet breakfast. The choices, I am sure were not as good as the buffet breakfast downstairs, but that got me a good quiet start to the morning -- and it was good enough for my one night stay at this hotel.

Finally, yes, it is true -- heated toilet seats do make a difference!

Room Tip: Get a Club Room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I, and his parents, stayed in Executive Club Level Deluxe rooms at the Westin. The rooms are nice and comfortable, and I appreciate the selection of pillows. The Club Lounge was very nice w/a very nice spread, especially at breakfast. The people are great, very friendly, and most speak very good English. Annie Kim, one of the Club concierges, was just wonderful - friendly, helpful, really made us feel at home. I had read other Trip Advisor reviews before going and requested a room away from the plaza, since some had said it was noisy, and they accommodated my request. When we first arrived, my in-laws' room reeked of smoke, even though it's a non-smoking hotel. We called down and someone came by immediately. They looked into it and found that someone in the room below had been smoking. They promptly moved my in-laws to another room. It happened to be on the plaza side, and it was indeed noisy, even from the 19th floor, but my in-laws didn't have a problem with it. My only small wish is that I would have loved to see more upscale, name-brand toiletries, which I find to be more befitting a hotel of this level. It's just a couple blocks from the Myeongdung market area, where we went several times, especially to eat. We would stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Warm greeting from the Westin Chosun, Seoul

It was our pleasure you stayed with us and thank you so much for your compliment.

We are encouraged by your nice comment.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed there in early September and found it to be an excellent hotel. Comfortable rooms, great service and good (although expensive) food. Heated toilet seats too. One tip ... if you fancy a beer in your room there's a couple of convenience stores close by which saves a lot of money...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Carol Choi / Service Express Manager

Been to The Westin Chosun Seoul? Share your experiences!