“Fine Hospitality Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Coex Center

Save Saved
You added Oakwood Premier Coex Center to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Coex Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46, Teheran-ro 87-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-525, South Korea   |
Ranked #14 of 390 hotels in Seoul
New Delhi, India
“Fine Hospitality Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Oakwood Premier Coex Center is located strategically convenient place. Staff at the hotel and restaurant are very polite and helpful. Room structure and neatness are excellent as it contains bedroom, sitting, 2 bath and rest area, kitchen with basic needs, two TV etc. Rooms are overlooking to the city and it is a pleasant sight at night.

Room rate is reasonable and compititive from other nearby five star hotels.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking to the city are fine.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Thank you for your review and great comments about us. We hope that you will continue to enjoy your stay with us and if we can do anything to make it even better, don’t hesitate to personally contact me

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
Georgetown, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Located in the heart of Seoul which center to everything around it. Easy to go shopping which not so far from it (COEX Mall), coffee bean just below the hotel, Samseong- Dong Subway very near.

The room service is great, anything that i asked will be given later, even to extend few couple hours to kept my bags at the concierge.

great journey to Seoul. :)

oh if for budget trip, i'm not going to suggest you guys this hotel nor the area. its quite expensive as it the capital city.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My family (2 adults and 2 kids) recently went to Seoul, primarily for my husband's business and partly for leisure too. I decided to stay at the Oakwood Premier Coex Center after looking at several other hotel options. I was a little concerned that this property seemed to cater to long-term guests and we were only staying four days, although I needn't have worried. This was a great place to stay - long or short term.

First of all, it is super easy to get from Incheon to the hotel. The airport limo bus ticket office is right in the Arrivals terminal and the bus picks up right outside the doors - every 15 to 20 minutes - so we didn't have to wait long for transportation. The bus takes you to City Air Terminal, which is just a very short walk to the hotel. Couldn't be easier.

We booked a two-bedroom room, which was very large. It had two bathrooms, with a shower in one and a shower/steam bath/bathtub in the other. The full kitchen came stocked with laundry and dishwashing detergent so we didn't have to go out and purchase these. Having the washer/dryer was a lifesaver. But, as others have noted, it takes a very long time to do a load of laundry so plan accordingly.

Wi-fi is not free in the room, but is free if you go to the Business Center (which actually wasn't much of an inconvenience at all).

I really liked the fact that the hotel was connected to the Coex mall. The kids and I could go out and shop while my husband was working during the day. The mall has everything, even a movie theater, so there's lots to choose from.

If you want to venture out further than the mall, the subway is also very close to the hotel - maybe a block or so. The subway system is super easy to navigate, so you can go anywhere throughout the city easily.

The trip back to the airport was just as easy as the arrival. Just walk back to the City Air Terminal (about 5 min. or so), purchase your bus ticket from the kiosk (has English option and bus schedule) and wait in the lobby for your bus to be called. The trip itself takes about an hour, so again allow plenty of time.

One last comment. Our room was super-quiet, which is very important to me as I'm a light sleeper and generally don't sleep well when traveling.

My husband will be going back to Seoul and has already said he would like to stay at Oakwood Premier again. Thanks to the staff for a great, no-stress stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Allowed me to check-in two hours early. Upgraded me from a studio to a very spacious 2 BR. Had to stay an extra night due to Hurricane Sandy and they allowed me to stay in the 2 BR at the same studio rate I had paid my first night. L'Occitane amenities were very nice.

Breakfast buffett was decent. Skip room service, plenty of food choices in Coex.

Being next to the city air terminal was very convenient.

Being connected to the casino was a lot of fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, Seoul. for eight (8) months. My entire experience was outstanding! I was at the center of virtually everything. With the subway I coul access any part of Seoul easily and fast. The personell at Oakwood was excellent; always very attentive and very responsive. Oakwood Premier is located at the Coex (underground) Mall; this gives to the visitor access to a plethora of restaurants (with a great variety of cuisines). The facilities in each room are exceptional; the view from the room was exceptional as well. I am greatful to my Korean friends who recommended this hotel for my long stay in Seoul.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at this property for 9 months enjoyed excellent service. Overall accomodations are great, good location to the shopping mall, all transportation and resturants. Look forward to staying there again. Felt like home away from home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Although I had difficulty sleeping the first night (I am a light sleerper and I can't sleep if there is any air conditioning noise - so my sensitivity, my husband slept soundly), the Oakwood staff were very courteous and helped us change our room to a higher floor (the 19th). Unfortunately, this room was on the same side as previously and therefore close to the air conditioning outlets of the COEX mall itself. We remedied this by obtaining a spare bed so I could sleep not in the glorious corner bedroom but in the quieter lounge room. C'est la vie! My husband slept fine without me tossing and turning all night!

Once all of this was sorted of course in a very pleasant way, I cannot dismiss the fact that Oakwood Premier is a class-act. The breakfast area is highly civilised, with pleasant music, fast topping up of food, efficient removal of used plates. The spread was very nice and included smoked salmon and an assortment of cheeses. If I have to be picky I would have liked to have seen a change in the variety of juices each day. My husband ordered omelette on a few occasions and I guess it would have been nice to see a chef prepare this in front of us, as some establishments do. Overall, the standard of breakfast is impeccable.

Rooms were spacious and I cannot fault the cleaniliness. The only thing I would say is that one day the cleaner asked us to clean the room just after 6pm when we were winding down after a day of touring. I thought that was a tad too late, so we declined.

The female concierge who helped us - I don't know her name - but I thank you for all of your kind assistance - in helping us with our tour plans. In fact all of the staff were very kind including the reception staff who felt sorry for me after my first night of lack of sleep.

Most of the people who stay at Oakwood I think are business people. We were tourists. Using Samseong Station it takes approximately 45-50 minutes to reach Jongno - the main attraction area. From Samseong Station it was close to the Dong Seoul Sation (Ganbyeon Stn) from where we headed off to Seoraksan and Donggueureng Tombs in Guri. Of course COEX Mall is connected to Oakwood Premier and also the Hyundai Department Store. The

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Oakwood Premier Coex Center? Share your experiences!