“Very Accomodating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Coex Center

Save Saved
You added Oakwood Premier Coex Center to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Coex Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46, Teheran-ro 87-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-525, South Korea   |
Ranked #13 of 392 hotels in Seoul
New York City, New York
“Very Accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Allowed me to check-in two hours early. Upgraded me from a studio to a very spacious 2 BR. Had to stay an extra night due to Hurricane Sandy and they allowed me to stay in the 2 BR at the same studio rate I had paid my first night. L'Occitane amenities were very nice.

Breakfast buffett was decent. Skip room service, plenty of food choices in Coex.

Being next to the city air terminal was very convenient.

Being connected to the casino was a lot of fun.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your review and great comments about us. We hope that you will continue to enjoy your stay with us and if we can do anything to make it even better, don’t hesitate to personally contact me

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, Seoul. for eight (8) months. My entire experience was outstanding! I was at the center of virtually everything. With the subway I coul access any part of Seoul easily and fast. The personell at Oakwood was excellent; always very attentive and very responsive. Oakwood Premier is located at the Coex (underground) Mall; this gives to the visitor access to a plethora of restaurants (with a great variety of cuisines). The facilities in each room are exceptional; the view from the room was exceptional as well. I am greatful to my Korean friends who recommended this hotel for my long stay in Seoul.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed at this property for 9 months enjoyed excellent service. Overall accomodations are great, good location to the shopping mall, all transportation and resturants. Look forward to staying there again. Felt like home away from home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Although I had difficulty sleeping the first night (I am a light sleerper and I can't sleep if there is any air conditioning noise - so my sensitivity, my husband slept soundly), the Oakwood staff were very courteous and helped us change our room to a higher floor (the 19th). Unfortunately, this room was on the same side as previously and therefore close to the air conditioning outlets of the COEX mall itself. We remedied this by obtaining a spare bed so I could sleep not in the glorious corner bedroom but in the quieter lounge room. C'est la vie! My husband slept fine without me tossing and turning all night!

Once all of this was sorted of course in a very pleasant way, I cannot dismiss the fact that Oakwood Premier is a class-act. The breakfast area is highly civilised, with pleasant music, fast topping up of food, efficient removal of used plates. The spread was very nice and included smoked salmon and an assortment of cheeses. If I have to be picky I would have liked to have seen a change in the variety of juices each day. My husband ordered omelette on a few occasions and I guess it would have been nice to see a chef prepare this in front of us, as some establishments do. Overall, the standard of breakfast is impeccable.

Rooms were spacious and I cannot fault the cleaniliness. The only thing I would say is that one day the cleaner asked us to clean the room just after 6pm when we were winding down after a day of touring. I thought that was a tad too late, so we declined.

The female concierge who helped us - I don't know her name - but I thank you for all of your kind assistance - in helping us with our tour plans. In fact all of the staff were very kind including the reception staff who felt sorry for me after my first night of lack of sleep.

Most of the people who stay at Oakwood I think are business people. We were tourists. Using Samseong Station it takes approximately 45-50 minutes to reach Jongno - the main attraction area. From Samseong Station it was close to the Dong Seoul Sation (Ganbyeon Stn) from where we headed off to Seoraksan and Donggueureng Tombs in Guri. Of course COEX Mall is connected to Oakwood Premier and also the Hyundai Department Store. The

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Seoul on a business trip for 4 weeks, so brought my husband and one year old son with me. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. Apartment was nice, but a little dated. It felt a little small as we were there for four weeks, but I hear there are some much larger one bedrooms available, so if space is an issue, it might be worthwhile requesting.

Staff were very friendly and accomodating. We had a baby cot and highchair provided for the duration of our stay. The buffet breakfast is definately worth it too. My son loved the playroom, which has toys to accomodate the real little ones through to older kids too, as there is a Wii and video games. Oakwood can help organise regular babysitting service.

The room service food wasn't very good - pizza tasted like cardboard... BUT there are heaps of restaurants/cafes in the area, so easy just to pop out to grab some food. A visit to the Hyundai food court/supermarket is nice too.

A bit dissapointed in the business centre - costs are very high for just the use of one of the rooms. Would be nice for residents to get discounts.

Room Tip: There are many different layouts for the different apartments. Request the larger ones if travellin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

It is a good choice , we got suddenly upgraded room, it was clean enough space and every thing is available.
Indoor golf and suna and swimming pool is free.
Reasonable breakfast, and place for baby is available to play in that area.
we all think this hotel is reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Celebration
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have I really not reviewed Oakwood? Sigh.
I stay here every time I go to Korea. Here is why:

1) It's clean. It's spacious (even by western standards). I stay in a 2 bedroom which includes a full stocked kitchen with a FULL size refrigerator, dishwasher, washer AND dryer, ironing board, two full bathrooms, two bedrooms with queens, one large closet space in the master, ample sunlight and windows, dining table, couch, TV, desk and coffee table. We slept 5 very comfortably in here.

2) It's convenient. The samsung 4 station is inside COEX mall, so basically an elevator ride and a <2 block walk to the subway. It's not sketchy, it's level (I often travel with one or more person with a mobility problem), and it's well-lit. The food court in COEX offers a lot of meal options, the Oakwood itself has 2 restaurants (the buffet is quite good, especially for breakfast). There are limited street options but I don't think most people are walking the street in this business area anyway. You could live in COEX mall and never know there was anything else out there, because it's so huge and so much to do. The concierge is helpful, they speak english, and they even scrambled to help us with translation when some long-lost family members decided to show up. They have always gone above and beyond for us. In addition, there is access to the gym, a play area for children, and a business center.

3) It's affordable. For 5 people, we paid KRW240,000/night. There is no way we could have stayed in another place this nice (think Intercontinental next door) as we would have needed two rooms, and would not have had a kitchen. The stay was 20 nights and it was by far the cheapest option for the best amenities. We probably would have paid the same to stay at a love motel for what we were able to get at Oakwood.

The only cons are that the beds are hard (it's a Korean thing, not an Oakwood thing), and the AC does not go as low as I would have liked in the middle of summer (approx 75-78*F). Depending on where you want to be in Seoul, it is a taxi or a metro ride to myeongdong, itaewon, etc. However, the mall has a lot of things to do like a Megabox and an aquarium which is perfect for my son who is 2. (Gone are the days of 3 AM shopping). Even though it may not be located there, taxis are cheap and the metro is easy to navigate, so getting anywhere in Seoul is not a problem from this location. Also, the airport bus center is literally next door so you can take a bus to/from the airport and not have to pay the $$ taxi fees.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012

Been to Oakwood Premier Coex Center? Share your experiences!