“Great for families” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oakwood Premier Coex Center

Save Saved
You added Oakwood Premier Coex Center to your Saves list
Oakwood Premier Coex Center
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   46, Teheran-ro 87-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 135-525, South Korea   |
Ranked #14 of 387 hotels in Seoul
Canberra, Australia
“Great for families”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I was in Seoul on a business trip for 4 weeks, so brought my husband and one year old son with me. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. Apartment was nice, but a little dated. It felt a little small as we were there for four weeks, but I hear there are some much larger one bedrooms available, so if space is an issue, it might be worthwhile requesting.

Staff were very friendly and accomodating. We had a baby cot and highchair provided for the duration of our stay. The buffet breakfast is definately worth it too. My son loved the playroom, which has toys to accomodate the real little ones through to older kids too, as there is a Wii and video games. Oakwood can help organise regular babysitting service.

The room service food wasn't very good - pizza tasted like cardboard... BUT there are heaps of restaurants/cafes in the area, so easy just to pop out to grab some food. A visit to the Hyundai food court/supermarket is nice too.

A bit dissapointed in the business centre - costs are very high for just the use of one of the rooms. Would be nice for residents to get discounts.

Room Tip: There are many different layouts for the different apartments. Request the larger ones if travellin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your review and great comments about us. We hope that you will continue to enjoy your stay with us and if we can do anything to make it even better, don’t hesitate to personally contact me

136 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

It is a good choice , we got suddenly upgraded room, it was clean enough space and every thing is available.
Indoor golf and suna and swimming pool is free.
Reasonable breakfast, and place for baby is available to play in that area.
we all think this hotel is reasonable.

• Stayed September 2012
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Celebration
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Have I really not reviewed Oakwood? Sigh.
I stay here every time I go to Korea. Here is why:

1) It's clean. It's spacious (even by western standards). I stay in a 2 bedroom which includes a full stocked kitchen with a FULL size refrigerator, dishwasher, washer AND dryer, ironing board, two full bathrooms, two bedrooms with queens, one large closet space in the master, ample sunlight and windows, dining table, couch, TV, desk and coffee table. We slept 5 very comfortably in here.

2) It's convenient. The samsung 4 station is inside COEX mall, so basically an elevator ride and a <2 block walk to the subway. It's not sketchy, it's level (I often travel with one or more person with a mobility problem), and it's well-lit. The food court in COEX offers a lot of meal options, the Oakwood itself has 2 restaurants (the buffet is quite good, especially for breakfast). There are limited street options but I don't think most people are walking the street in this business area anyway. You could live in COEX mall and never know there was anything else out there, because it's so huge and so much to do. The concierge is helpful, they speak english, and they even scrambled to help us with translation when some long-lost family members decided to show up. They have always gone above and beyond for us. In addition, there is access to the gym, a play area for children, and a business center.

3) It's affordable. For 5 people, we paid KRW240,000/night. There is no way we could have stayed in another place this nice (think Intercontinental next door) as we would have needed two rooms, and would not have had a kitchen. The stay was 20 nights and it was by far the cheapest option for the best amenities. We probably would have paid the same to stay at a love motel for what we were able to get at Oakwood.

The only cons are that the beds are hard (it's a Korean thing, not an Oakwood thing), and the AC does not go as low as I would have liked in the middle of summer (approx 75-78*F). Depending on where you want to be in Seoul, it is a taxi or a metro ride to myeongdong, itaewon, etc. However, the mall has a lot of things to do like a Megabox and an aquarium which is perfect for my son who is 2. (Gone are the days of 3 AM shopping). Even though it may not be located there, taxis are cheap and the metro is easy to navigate, so getting anywhere in Seoul is not a problem from this location. Also, the airport bus center is literally next door so you can take a bus to/from the airport and not have to pay the $$ taxi fees.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stay in the hotel around the world and this is my worst experience. I have never had problem of checking in early or at least before 2 pm. This hotel put me to hell and want me to wait until 3 pm for me to check in. She even rude to me, and i think she had the worst customer service i ever had in my travel. The room condition are very old, and they seriously need updating. The pillow had no cushion on it, making it so hard to sleep that i had sore neck through-out my stay. The cleaner even rearrange my stuff which i told them not to touch my stuff. The only positive thing about the hotel is the location. But again, is not in the city, so i think is not that great location anyway. The hotel is so expensive, which you can get better deal other near by hotel. Taxi in Seoul are very cheap, making it ideal to stay in a cheap hotel and better quality and travel to Coex department store for shopping. So please stay away this disgusting hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinator at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Ms. Thomspon,

First of all, I would like to offer my deepest apologies for the unpleasant experience that you had to go through during your stay here at Oakwood Premier Coex Center. If I may, I would like to offer some explanation as to why your check-in was delayed.

Oakwood Premier Coex Center currently has 280 rooms and as we accommodate mostly long-term residents, our occupancy rate is at an almost constant 95% which means that there are that many more rooms that need to be made up every day and it is this particular reason why have assigned the check-in time to 3:00pm. Regrettably, our rooms were fully occupied yet again at the time of your check-in at 11:30am and I hope that you will understand that we had no choice but to delay your check-in until more rooms were available.

As to the rudeness of our Front Desk clerk, the hardness of your pillow and the fact that your Room Attendant rearranged your items without your permission are all grave points that need addressing and we thank you for having brought them to our attention. I assure you that steps will be taken to further avoid any such behavior and I would like to apologize yet again for all of the above.

Thank you again for having stayed with us and for having brought all of the above points to our attention – your opinion is invaluable to us and we will make sure that none of them happen again.

With best regards,
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights in April. Staff was friendly and helpful. My favourite is the fully equipped kitchen and steam bath in the shower stall. Only setback is the pillows were either too soft (feather) or too hard (foam). Location is great with subway, shopping mall and supermarket all in the same location. Looking forward to stay there again in November.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Oakwood Seoul for 5 weeks around June. In general I was very satisfied with the stay. What impressed me the most was the service. The staff and the management seemed to have tried their best to help out with any request.

A person at the concierge always helped me to find cabs every morning with a big smile and warm and kindly greetings. Btw not all are like him. Only couple were really impressive.

The people at the front desk always responded to our requests with accuracy, promptness and warmth. The food at restaurants and room service was very tasty and in good quality. The Location was great with close access to subways, shopping mall and many other restaurant.

Room - deluxe room- was very spacious and I liked the steam shower. The kitchen area was good sized and equipped with dishwasher and good quality cutlery.

Now I will talk about why I am giving 4 stars instead of 5 stars. The room and the furniture is very old. We used a deluxe room and the condition of the room was quite different from the picture which got us disappointed in the beginning. The sofa in the livingroom was very small and uncomfortable. Not sure whether it is due to old carpet or cleaning issue, the room felt dusty and I coughed a lot until I requested through cleaning. The twin bed was very hard.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and would love to go back to Oakwood in the future.

• Stayed June 2012
JayOakwood, Sales Coordinatop at Oakwood Premier Coex Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

My family stayed at this apartment hotel for 5 weeks. I have to say that staying at Oakwood made our time in Seoul very enjoyable. We stayed in a 3 bedroom/2.5 bath apartment. The apartment was nicely furnished and very big. The hotel has a nice work out facility with a friendly staff who are very helpful. My kids enjoyed having the Coex Mall right below the hotel which included restaurants, great shopping, and a large Mega Box movie theater. The subway is within a short walking distance. There is so much to see and do just in this area of town alone! The ladies who cleaned our apartment daily were sweet and did a great job of cleaning our rooms! My only complaint is that our a/c never really cooled our rooms to the temperature we desired but the staff worked hard to accommodate us. Overall, I would highly recommend Oakwood Premier!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Oakwood

Been to Oakwood Premier Coex Center? Share your experiences!