“Going going gone” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Seoul Hotel

You added Renaissance Seoul Hotel to your Saves list
Renaissance Seoul Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   237, Teheran-Ro, Gangnam-Gu, Seoul 135-915 , South Korea   |
Hotel deals
4.0 of 5 stars 443 Reviews
Jakarta
“Going going gone”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stay here a number of times over the last few months. Great location in Gangnam but the hotel is now clearly showing its age. The rooms are ok in size but are now really showing their age. Food is good at breakfast, did not try other times. Would I stay here again, not sure, seems to be many more modern options readily available.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Simon B, General Manager at Renaissance Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear IndoOne

On behalf of all the ambassadors at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel thank you very much for choosing to stay with us again on your recent visit to Seoul.

I appreciate you taking the time to write a very candid and honest review of our hotel. I have shared your comments with the Senior Managers of our hotel in an effort to continue to improve the product and service we offer our guests.

Once again thank you very much for your feedback and I do hope you will visit us again in the future.

Simon Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

We spent four nights at this hotel - 2 adjoining rooms for the family. The rooms are very comfortable, although in need of some updating. The staff is wonderfully accommodating and the facilities (club level, fitness center) are excellent. The breakfast that is included in the room rate was terrific, although the restaurants are very expensive otherwise. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Simon B, General Manager at Renaissance Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Mal F

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Renaissance Seoul Hotel.

All of our ambassadors will be excited to hear you had such a enjoyable stay and I am very pleased to hear they all took such great care of you. Our Chefs will be especially excited to hear about how much you enjoyed our breakfast. Our team have worked very hard on improving our offerings.

Next time you visit Seoul I hope you choose to stay with us again.

Daejeon, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I love the breakfast at the hotel very good. The rooms were nice, and were perfect for my family. I liked the pool it isn't huge but many hotels in Seoul charge extra for using the pool, so it was nice to get it for free. I would stay here again. I am a frequent Marriott traveler, so I would say that I am torn about staying at the Court Yard Times Square or the Renaissance. I like the mall near the courtyard, but the overall all area is nicer near the Renaissance (more options in my opinion). I think the tie breaker might be the pool for my kids--No pool at the Court Yard.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear benjamin k

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in November of last year.

It's really pleasing to hear you had such a great experience at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel and the Courtyard by Marriott Seoul Times Square. Our team pride themselves on the service they provide so they will all be very happy to hear your great comments.

Next time you visit Seoul I hope you will choose to stay with us again. We are about to open a new JW Marriott Hotel in Dongdaemun, as you a loyal Marriott guest I highly recommend trying that hotel as well.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Nice location, walking distance from many types of restaurants, subway. Comfy room, clean, maybe just a bit old fashion decor but nice size.The breakfast is very good, many types of food to choose, from western to Asian. Staff is very attentive, nothing to remark.The airport bus stops at this hotel, what is very convenient. (3,000won, one way if not mistaken)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear williefill13

On behalf of all the amabassadors at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel from your stay in July.

It's encouraging to hear our team took great care of you and you found the breakfast to meet your expectations. Our team have spent a lot of time on improving our breakfast offerings. I appreciate your candor with regards to the look and feel of the building and will also share that with our senior management.

Next time you visit Seoul I do hope you choose to stay with us again.

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks. The water pipe right next to my bed started making noise when my next door neighbour woke up and take early showers at 6am several mornings. Both our door cards failed twice (total 4 times!!) within one week. The breakfast was good but the waiters seems to be only able to understand very simple English.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Simon B, General Manager at Renaissance Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Mochamochamocha,

Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Seoul Hotel on your recent visit to Seoul.

All of us here appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel and giving us feedback on your stay. We will use this information as part of our ongoing efforts to improve what we offer to our guests.

We hope you will choose to stay with us again next time you are in Seoul.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Had the wonderful pleasure of sending 4 nights at this lovely hotel last week. I'm a Marriott Gold member and have never had such royal treatment in a Marriott Gold Club Lounge. Check in and out was done by the Gold Club concierge who served as our personal travel assistant throughout our stay--recommending great sites to visit and fun restaurants that my 20 year old daughters thought were very cool! The complimentary breakfast offered to Gold members was incredible! And every evening we were treated to appetizers, drinks and desserts--as well as wonderful conversations with other Gold guests. The location was good and very easy to take the airport limo to and from hotel-Incheon Airport for only $16 each. Classy place with wonderful service. We were fortunate to redeem Marriott points for this stay and found it to be the best redemption value of any Marriott we have stayed at. Appreciated every minute at this lovely hotel! It is hotel experiences like this that remind me why I am a loyal Marriott Gold member who spends countless nights at Marriotts each year. But few hotels within this brand are as gracious and lovely as the Renaissance Seoul!

Room Tip: If you qualify as a Gold Member, ask for the 21st floor, right off the lounge. It is like having a w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Simon B, General Manager at Renaissance Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear creativecrew

On behalf of all the ambassadors at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel.

We really do spend a lot of time on training our team to take good care of all of our guests especially our very loyal Marriott Gold Elite members.

It's also great to hear you managed to discover some of the great sites and restaurants that Seoul has to offer. Seoul is a vibrant city with plenty to see and do.

Again we all appreciate you choosing our hotel and we all hope you can visit Seoul again in the near future.

Oakland, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Excellent hotel, great location, beautiful lobby with piano lounge and restaurant. KAL bus drops off directly in front of the hotel. Rooms are very clean and spacious with full amenities, including hot water kettle. The Concierge lounge is one of the best I have ever been on a Marriott property. I would definitely recommend this hotel when travelling to Seoul.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Simon B, General Manager at Renaissance Seoul Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Michael P

On behalf of all the team at the Renaissance Seoul Hotel, it's great to hear you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel.

I am glad our team took such great care of you in our Club Lounge and you found the room and amenities to your liking. I will be sure to share you review with our team at our next staff meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and we hope we can welcome you back to the hotel some time in the near future.

Simon Bell

Been to Renaissance Seoul Hotel? Share your experiences!