“Fabulous Hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Seoul

You added JW Marriott Hotel Seoul to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Seoul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   176, Sinbanpo-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 137-040, South Korea   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #14 of 409 Hotels in Seoul
“Fabulous Hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was lucky enough to stay at this hotel during a three week business trip. From the pre-arranged pick-up from the airport, through the 3 week stay, to the ride back to the airport I could not have been happier with the facilities.

As a Marriott Gold member I received a free upgrade. My room was very well appointed, they thought of everything from an eraser, paperclips and ruler in the desk. To the robe and house slippers. To the heated toilet seat with spray jets. To the scale to help me stay on track with my weight.

The facility has a three level gym with golf driving ranges, pools, saunas, and excellent massage chairs. It was located next to everything including convenient stores, regular shopping malls and ultra high end shopping. It is also located next to a subway and bus station.

The wi-fi was free with the upgrade and worked great making it easy to stay in contact with work, family and friends. The business lounge was well stocked with drinks and snacks. It was nice that the room had a refrigerator also that I could keep a few drinks in my room also.

Everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful. English was well spoken by the staff. I would definitely stay again!.

The ONLY complaint I would have is that there is not an outdoor pool with a lounge. But the Koreans are not sun worshipers and when you see the 40 year old Seoul women who look 25 you will wonder why we are.

If you travel often I would also definitely recommend the Marriott rewards program also. It's the only rewards program that actually makes me feel appreciated on a regular basis. Thanks Marriott!.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Noodlechecker,

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member and recommending the program to others. I am glad that you were happy during your long stay with us and I am sure our JW Ambassadors enjoyed having you. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Seoul. Please feel free to connect with me on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com before your next stay.

Matthew Cooper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had lots of marriott points accumulated to use got this hotel. Also being gold marriott member helps a lot.

First the good things
Location is awesome. Located right by bus terminal and subway. You don't have to go outside to take bus or subway. Also famous shinsegae department is connected to the hotel so you can go shopping or enjoy the awesome food at basement floor of the department store.

Hotel was clean and touches of luxury. And also excellent service by the staff.

If you are gold member, you get to enjoy nice free breakfast buffet at executive floor ANd free drinks.
The spa and the swimming pool and fitness center was one of the best. Not crowded at all. We were usually the only ones. They had toddler friendly warm pool and staff was nice enough to rent us tubes for kids. Again very luxurious pool system and clean.

The few bad

Since this hotel is considered luxurious category, of course you will pay for it. Cheapest room being about $300 a night and goes up from there. If you don't have a gold membership, you can go to terminal to have decent food but hotel's buffet breakfast starts at $45/ person. That's outrageous for breakfast in my opinion. So I would go terminal or dept store for food.

One of the things I wish they will change is the fact that they will charge $15 for a razor if you use the one in the room like the mini bar. All the Marriotts I stayed, they always give you daily razor as complimentary. This was not. You better go down to department store and get one for $3

Except for this, this hotel was excellent and I definitely stay here whenever I come to Seoul.

This hotel is easy for you to say to taxi if you say the hotel next to bus terminal.

Room Tip: It seems anywhere is fine. Door to hallway wasn't sound proof but room to room was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear J Y,

As you mentioned, ‘luxurious’ and ‘comfortable’ are one of the best words to describe us! I am glad you enjoyed Marriott Rewards Gold member benefits. Daily razor is available upon request so please do not hesitate to ask when you comeback. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We spent over 10 days at the JW Marriott in Seoul near the end of June and it was a very special treat for our family. Ms. Young, the Reservations Manager was wonderful and helped us again and again. Thank you Ms. Young for making our stay so easy and stress free! I must also mention the excellent service, smiles, and wonderful food in the Business Lounge…a wonderful way to both begin and end each day. At every encounter the Front Desk personnel were as well very professional, courteous, and so helpful. After six very successful years in Seoul and our imminent move to Beijing, the pampering, comfort, and sense of well-being that JW Marriott Seoul provided was priceless. Many thanks JW Marriott Seoul!

Room Tip: Express bus terminal right next door...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Victor L,

Thank you so much for this fabulous review. It makes our morning meetings so much more enjoyable when we have great feedback to share. I will congratulate Ms. Young on her great service. I wish you and your family a successful move to Beijing and if any future plan brings you back to Seoul, please do not hesitate to contact me on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

The J W Marriott is a great and fabulous hotel in the city center of Seoul. Conveniently located to a big shopping mall and other commercial centers in Seoul. The rooms are great and amenities good. Greta spread in the breakfast as well other buffets. Really like the Deli Shop in the lobby - need to try at least once for the juices and salads. Fabulous Executive lounge on the 30th floor giving a nice view of the city.

Room Tip: Choose rooms at the higher levels for a great city view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear vinayk1975,

Thank you so much for your great review with a beautiful photo. Your positive comments go a long way in reinforcing to my team of great associates and hosts that we are on the right track.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Attached to the Shinsegae duty free Mall and the subway, JW Marriot Gangnam has a very accessible location.

The mall itself is less crowded than Lotte and quite similar with a huge food area basement.

The rooms are nice, tidy and comfortable and the hotel itself contain a deli and several restaurants.

Took the airport limousine (Bus) to the airport for 15,000 Won, which is on time.

The only minus point i met is the lack of staff during check in (2pm- one receptionist). Had to wait a long time before i was checked in the hotel. Also disappointed with no free Wifi.

Recommended for both travellers and businessmen as it has easy access to public transports and is placed at a very convenient location. Value for the money paid.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JW_Seoul, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear m3lvinlim,

Thank you for your great review and recommending us to fellow travelers. I am sorry that your check-in was not very smooth and if we failed to explain fully about our internet service. Wi-fi is free to access in public area and we offer complimentary internet access in room for Marriott Rewards members. Please let us know at any time if you need assistance with free membership registration.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to Seoul. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

First of all, the location was perfect for us. We had a family member getting treatment at a nearby hospital and this allowed us to visit multiple times a day but it was also a great location for locals to come visit as it is attached to multiple subway lines and the bus terminal.

We were traveling with our 3 young children and Shinsege department store was perfect for quick meals. We were on the executive floor and the breakfast there was more than enough that was included in our rate. There is free wifi if you are a Marriott rewards member so I'd recommend that if you want to save the fees.

The hotel staff spoke english really well, better than expected actually and was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel could use a little improvement in being more kid friendly but I could say that about most places in Seoul. The pool is really not kid friendly with the lanes set up as lap lanes only and no kids toys or play things. We took the kids swimming several times but always felt conspicuous even laughing out loud with our kids.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear SusieASeattle,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a great review. I hope your three young children enjoyed their time with us as well. I have taken your constructive advice on our pool and will try to work with team to get 5 stars next time. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel in the future. Please feel free to connect with me before your next stay on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed one night at the hotel on a stop over in Seoul. It is a really nice business hotel, perfectly located adjacent to a large shopping mall. The rooms are very well furnished (stayed on the 33rd floor) and really comfortable; nice, soft bed! There is a good gym, with a vast variety of work out machines. The breakfast at the Executive Lounge was very good, a great networking opportunity as well. The staff are very helpful.

Room Tip: The upper floors have a fantastic view of the city landscape!
Dear Michael M,

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am happy to learn that your stay was comfortable though very short. I hope to see you with us again in the very near future. Please feel free to connect with me on contactus.jwseoul@marriott.com before your next stay.

Matthew Cooper

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Seoul? Share your experiences!