“Beautiful premises, nicest breakfast ever, fantastic spa and gym” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Seoul

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel Seoul to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Seoul
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   176, Sinbanpo-ro, Seocho-gu, Seoul 137-040, South Korea   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #13 of 387 hotels in Seoul
Geneva
“Beautiful premises, nicest breakfast ever, fantastic spa and gym”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Staff is extremely friendly and my room on the 18th floor was comfortable, well furbished and very clean. Room 1807 looked out on the river and was very close to the elevator.
I used the gym which was nice...I like running and there was an adequate number of machines...I don't do any other machines and am therefore not able to judge their quality and quantity, however, the gym is very big and I am sure there were places I didn't see.
I also used the spa (a japanese style bath) which was very luxurious, with body, face and hair products at the disposal of visitors.

I particularly liked the breakfast buffet, which was both generous (both Asian and Western style foods) and extremely tasty.

The hotel is right next to the Express Bus Terminal and the bus from the airport brings you in 1 hour from door to door.
Also, two major subway lines meet there and with it it is very easy to reach all parts of the city. Tickets are extremely affordable and one avoids major traffic jams. Since everything is in Korean, I found it useful to orient myself using the station numbers, which can also be found above the doors to the trains ( both the station you are in and the number of the next station are indicated), this way you know where you are and where you are going.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

691 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011 via mobile

This my 5th visit to Seoul but first stay at the Marriot. Location wise, you can't fault it. Very easy to get in and out with tube and bus station close by. I used a hired car. Since the hotel is very close to Han river, you can easily get to othe side of town.
Has Shisegae mall linked to the hotel. Outside the hotel, there are plenty of food outlets and shops to keep you busy. Itewon is 10 minutes away across the river. The Japanese restaurant is very good. Stayed at the top floor and got a fabulous view of the city. The executive lounge is good as in other Marriotts.
Service was exemplary, throughout the stay. We asked a few directions from the concierge and he was very helpful.
Overall, recommended!

• Stayed October 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I like room decorate and bath room design.Room can see rainbow bridge at night. Breakfast variety..so happy !!!!...I feel good with staff. I hope next year i will back again..

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

This is a great hotel whether you are here on business or here for pleasure. The hotel is located and attached to 3 subway lines (line 3, line 7 and line 9), the express bus terminal and a large underground shopping mall and Shinsagae department store ( which includes a grocery store in its basement). We stayed on the 30th floor with a great view of the river and Seoul Tower and had access to the executive lounge right down the hall. Having access to the executive lounge was such a bonus as we were there every morning for breakfast and every evening for cocktails and appetizers and, later in the evening, dessert ( which saved us bundles and gave us a nice gathering spot with co-workers). It was also nice to be able to use the computers and printers in the lounge to print off directions, boarding passes, etc. we stayed here for 8 nights and although it is a large hotel, the attention is very personal. They remember your face, your name and your preferences and always greet you with a smile. it makes it a nice place to come "home" to at the end of the day. The fitness facilities and pool were terrific and if you forget to bring a t-shirt or shorts, no problem because they have workout clothes available (nice when you want to limit what you need to pack or don't want to shove stinky clothes back into your bag). I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: River view, upper floor, access to executive lounge
Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days. Overall it is good, I definitely will recommend it. Room is spacious and well decorated. Staff services were awesome, speak English, has no problem in communication at all even I don't know a single Korean word except kam Sam mi ta.
During my trips, I order a beef korean dish from the hotel restaurant, may be the beef meat was not fresh or whatever reason, the meat was stink to eat. I didn't touch the whole dish and finished the drink then called for the bill. The waitress saw I didn't touch the dish at all, asked me for a reason, and I told her it was a bit stink. She refunded the dish for me even I didn't ask for it. It was great for her to do that. I was pleased. Another thing, was I booked a DMZ tour
from the hotel, I left my sunglasses in the bus. By the time I got back to my hotel room, I saw
my sunglasses has been returned, isn't that awesome!!
The location is not bad, even though nothing interesting around but it is above the subway station, I can conveniently went everywhere I wanted. And the bar rouge served good wine with good ambience. Overall, I have a happy stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I stayed several times in this hotel during my visits in Seoul and every time I tried another place I end up going back to JW Mariott. The location is very central. The shopping mall offers great variety of F&B options and shops are also quite nice there. The F&B in hotel is also very good. Obviously the room rates are high, which might be quite difficult to justify for business trip options. I am sure you will be happy both with the stay and with the service over all. The rooms are spacious, the service is good and the gym is fantastic.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We loved this hotel, the rooms were beautiful,the beds comfortable and the staff were friendly. Its close to the metro and bus station and has a grocery store downstairs that was amazing, Also some good shops conected to the hotel.We enjoyed our stay and did a few trips from the hotel. The gym was spectacular as well as the heated pool. The gym even offers gym clothes so you don't have to dirty your own. Will stay here again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Seoul? Share your experiences!