“Good Value, Convient yet "out of the way" at the same time” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3 Pay 2
Ranked #26 of 392 hotels in Seoul
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good Value, Convient yet "out of the way" at the same time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

A hotel I have stayed at several times due to its close proximity to Myeongdong and the City Hall area. Generally speaking it is quite "close" to everything, yet requires a quick taxi or a longish walk to get to subway/eating options in central Seoul. The hotel itself is well appointed, a great business hotel and the staff are courteous, if possibly not warm. The bar area is a little too loud with live singing, so the only place to relax is the front lounge which shuts reasonably early and is more of an office furniture feel than a place to let the business day wash away. Breakfast on the other hand is exceptional, with a fantastic buffet, I was only upset i was there on a weekday where I felt enjoying all that was on offer would be too excessive. Clean, courteous, professional, yet not as ideally located to small restaurants and the vibe and heart of Seoul as others closer to city hall.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ambfom, 프론트 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Grand Ambassador. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. One thing I was disappointed to learn that we did not show enough warm and I can assure that this did not reflect true Pullman experience. I am sure we will definitely do better.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at Grand Ambassador Seoul. Please contact us if you need any assistance with your future visit.

842 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Haarlem, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Executive floor and lounge well worth the additional expense.
Ranging from very professional staff to a heated toilet seat there was absolutely nothing more I could have wished for during my stay.
Korean hospitality at its best.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lobbymgr, Front Office Manager at Grand Ambassador Seoul, responded to this review, February 20, 2013

Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I recently spent 1 week in Seoul on business and was very comfortable with the staff and ammenities at the Grand Ambassador. Rooms were well maintained, house staff were attentive and guests were treated like "ambassadors." I took my breakfast in the Executive Lounge which was well staffed and nicely furnished. The fitness center, always a priority for my time away, was very well appointed. It included an indoor pool and sauna and was complete with free weight and aerobics equipment.

Room Tip: I was on an executive floor. Room was very quiet and well maintained.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,
I will share your comments about David with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Booked 2 rooms here for 4 nights as a Le Club Platinum member. This is one of the few hotels that I feel that Le Club members are well recognized. Platinum benefits include room upgrade and welcome drink. Upon check-in, the hotel was very kind to upgrade both the rooms I booked but we wanted a double and twin room respectively. However, at check-in, I was told that there was no Deluxe Twin room available so we ended up with a Superior Twin and Deluxe double. Both rooms are similar except for the furnishings and better looking appliances, generally just aesthetics.

Surprisingly, there were quite a number of US soldiers staying at the hotel. You'll see them walking in and out almost every time you're at the lobby. Staff in the hotel are also very hospitable as are Koreans in general.

The hotel is located near a metro station, about 7 minutes walk. There are 2 shuttle service routes that run hourly all day.

I will definitely return to this business hotel.

Room Tip: Try requesting for high floors with a view of Seoul Tower.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here as Le Club Platinum Member.

Pros :
1) Received Platinum Benefits such as Room Upgrade, Welcome Gift, Drink Coupon (2 Beers Per Room), Free Internet etc
2) Service and Staff attitude were impeccable. Extremely responsive and flexible. Keep up the great work especially Mr Jung Son.

Cons :
1) Situated on a high sloping ground and not much shopping next to hotel but this is not a problem since the taxi fare in Seoul is cheap for short distance travel and taxis are plentiful

Value for Money : 8 out of 10 (booked during Accor 50% Sales)

Will I return : YES (my number 1 choice if I have to choose amongst Accor Properties in Seoul)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I stayed at the grand ambassador Seoul on the 8-9th Jan 2013, my last day in Seoul. Booked the hotel because of the reviews on the nespresso machine and choice of pillows available.
From the minute I step into the hotel, I was approached by friendly staff at the counter to help with my baggage. I arrived much earlier than the check in time but the reception managed to secure an early check in as well as allowing me to change to a higher level. The room service was excellent- the orders to try the various pillows came promptly and the staff came really quickly to solve our wifi problem. The shuttle bus available is really convenient to travel to the main markets and sights for tourists,. the only problem we had was the time indicated for the last service did not concur for the appearance of the bus so we were left waiting at oneof the pick up stops.:/
The check out was swift and smooth. Ken, the staff at the reception, was really friendly and assisted with all my queries.

Will recommend for you to stay in this hotel:))

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Front Office Manager

Been to Grand Ambassador Seoul? Share your experiences!