I stayed here on business based on the Novotel being part of the Accor Group. Whilst Novotel are a budget hotel in Europe, the reviews on TA and location were enough for me to book. I was here for a week and enjoyed the facilities very much. I had some issues after leaving and whilst they took some time and several emails (which shouldn't have been the case) they were eventually resolved. I would therefore return if the price was OK in comparison to some of the other brands nearby (which I haven't tried but have decent confidence in their brands) and wouldn't have an issue recommending this hotel if you need to be in Gangnam.
- Location in Gangnam is excellent. 5 mins to the main street with lots of shops and places to eat
- 2 mins to the nearest metro stop (the metro is superb so i would advise utilising this if possible)
- Room was comfortable and clean
- Gym and spa/pool facilities were superb - one of the best I've come across although 95% of users were locals rather than hotel guests which is a shame (if using this be aware that it is not permitted to wear swimming costumes in the baths and the relaxed naked attitude may come as a bit of a shock to Western visitors at first!)
- Room service were very good and friendly
- Concierge was very helpful and knowledge was impressive with some useful tips. Helped me getting a metro card and other practical things which may be useful to non Korean speaking guests
- Breakfast was excellent although some things ran out if you went nearer the end of service (fine at some places but for the room rate that shouldn't be the case)
- Despite requesting a non smoking room I was given a smoking room (hotel was full so they weren't able to move me) and this resulted in me being ill for the next three weeks with difficulty breathing.
- Wouldn't use the laundry service again as they ripped my suit
- The price of the lobby bar was very high
- Taxi's hailed by the hotel were useless - just use the metro
- Its quite a trip to the main tourist activities and areas so I would suggest staying somewhere else if your in Seoul for just a few days
- On check out and when sorting out the billing the front desk tried to bill me for my room despite pre paying so be aware of this - an argument about this at 4.00 am is also not great customer service
- Hotel wouldn't offer an airport pickup prior to arriving, yet I found out this was available and this annoyed me. It was very expensive but I couldn't understand why I was told over the phone it wasn't possible.
You have no recent hotel searches.