South Korea was the holiday destination...and the task was to pick a Hotel in Seoul from the 100's out there in our range, This was the Hotel we were allocated...and thankfully, with a total of njear 8 nights stay...it turned out to be a great choice.
Gangnam-gu is, as is Seoul itself a hilly city. The Novotel was, as it turned out, quite nicely placed in terms of taxis, the underground and restaurant precincts. The walk up the hill after a couple under your belt was sobering....but, overall this was a good choice. Not as pricey as its neighbour the Ritz Carlton, the Novotel, was still a very fine 4+ hotel. Rooms were big enough, the beds excellent, fixtures and fittings modern and clean. Even had the Australia Channel on TV!! One huge advantage the Hotel had over most of the others we stayed at in S.Korea, was that you could open the windows slightly to let fresh air in. Given it was chilly in March (-2), all the rooms were heated, so it was nice to get a modicum of cool inside the rooms when required. The Hotel appeared to have a healthy Business Clientele, but catered as comfortably for the tourist equally as well.
The staff were always very helpful; their English was very good (as our South Korean was crap). Special thanks to the Conscierges Shaun Kim and Su-Ki, who went out of their way to suggest restaurants, transport options and things to do in this massive city of Seoul.
Breakfast was varied and plentiful...and the setting was very pleasant.
By luck, this place was a WIN....we enjoyed the Novotel immensely....thanks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the fashionable shopping and restaurant district of Gangnam, Novotel is located near COEX convention centre, and in the heart of in the heart of Seoul CBD. Our 332 rooms, offering suites and Premier executive floors are complimented by flexible meetings, conferences and events options, a mix of modern and classical dining & entertaining choices with a state of the art "Inbalance" fitness centre, heated indoor swimming pool, sauna and golf range. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Ambassador Gangnam Seoul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Ambassador Gangnam Seoul Hotel Seoul
- Novotel Seoul
- Accor Ambassador Gangnam Seoul
- Seoul Novotel